Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838823 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8790 on: January 24, 2013, 06:44:17 am »

In fact automations and frost giants are not arrow immune.
They're perfectly killable by means of:
- broadhead arrow/javelin (maybe hammerhead as well)
- ballista
- catapult
Mixing brodhead, hammerhead, piercing ammunition provides universal offensive ability.

I was beginning to think that resilience was a feature, but I only had the representation of one of the three offense types in this situation anyway. I should probably invest in the ammocaster, since my current military only has spear and hammer for melee yet.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:16 am »

I used the Masterwork Linux version as a basis to make the linux version of FoE mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg3976877#msg3976877

1) What modifications does your executable include? It differs from the standard DF executable, so I assume it has some binary patches by Quietust.

2) Your version of DT is pretty old. You should include Splinterz version instead.
$ hg clone https://splintermind@code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/ dwarftherapist

2.5) I had to cheat DT to work with patched executables, but that only meant copying the v034.11.ini to v034.11m.ini in "etc/memory_layouts/linux" and changing the checksums and version numbers. Is this correct? Nothing seems broken.

3) Good work on compiling the search plugins yourself. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118001

4) Stonesense plugin refuses to load.

I use Mint 13 LTS x86_64 Cinnamon.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:03 am »

I used the Masterwork Linux version as a basis to make the linux version of FoE mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg3976877#msg3976877

1) What modifications does your executable include? It differs from the standard DF executable, so I assume it has some binary patches by Quietust.
It is in the manual as well but this is the list.
Code: [Select]
- Destroying a wall empties the wood stockpile.
- Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up.
- Weapon Racks do nothing - The fix-armory plugin and assign-rack script that go with this patch are in the included dfhack.
- "Long patrol duty" thoughts accumulate from all squad orders, including training.
- Hospital zone does not respect cloth maximums.

2) Your version of DT is pretty old. You should include Splinterz version instead.
It should be splinterz version, I must have cloned the wrong repository when I built it the last time.
I will fix that today.

2.5) I had to cheat DT to work with patched executables, but that only meant copying the v034.11.ini to v034.11m.ini in "etc/memory_layouts/linux" and changing the checksums and version numbers. Is this correct? Nothing seems broken.
That is correct, I must have forgot to do that last time.

3) Good work on compiling the search plugins yourself. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118001

4) Stonesense plugin refuses to load.

I use Mint 13 LTS x86_64 Cinnamon.
Stonesense is touchy on Linux it won't work on all systems.
The most likely cause of it not loading would be if you don't have 32bit OpenGL installed for your graphics card.
It could be some other 32bit library though.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:15 am »

It should be splinterz version, I must have cloned the wrong repository when I built it the last time.
I will fix that today.
I uploaded a new Linux version to Meph with the correct Dwarf Therapist in it.
You can download just the new Therapist here if you want it before Meph updates the download for the Linux version.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:07 am »

Thank you for quick answer.

> > 2.5) I had to cheat DT to work with patched executables, but that only meant copying the v034.11.ini to v034.11m.ini in "etc/memory_layouts/linux" and changing the checksums and version numbers. Is this correct? Nothing seems broken.
> That is correct, I must have forgot to do that last time.
No, you already had a patched file. I just didn't copy it to the directory with FoE mod and had to find a workaround. I was merely asking if changing the checksum was enough or if you had to change some other stuff in there too, which you answered.

I haven't found the list of patches in the manual, but I wasn't looking thoroughly. Than you. I applied two of those patches myself, but your version looks better, so I'll just ditch my executable as well as the unpatched version and stick with yours, which should reduce the mod size considerably.

My system is touchy when it comes to DF. I don't even have OpenAL in my repositories and didn't bother compiling it from sources, so my DF under LLinux has no sound.

> I uploaded a new Linux version to Meph with the correct Dwarf Therapist in it.
Thank you. Even though I compiled DT 19.3 myself, your version is a lot better for portable mods because it has all the libraries bundled with it. Which is something of a testimony to failure of shared libraries when you think about it.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:08 am »

I haven't found the list of patches in the manual, but I wasn't looking thoroughly. Than you. I applied two of those patches myself, but your version looks better, so I'll just ditch my executable as well as the unpatched version and stick with yours, which should reduce the mod size considerably.
It is in the "::: Install & Quickstart :::" section of the html manual under "Included Utilities > Binary patch".
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: January 24, 2013, 02:32:03 pm »

modest mod has an alternative configuration for easier combat skill gain via training. any chance to see that implemented as an option for mwmod?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:34:18 pm by thistleknot »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: January 24, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »

Hey so can someone please help me. For Mac OSX, I don't know what to copy and where. I wish this was documented somewhere obvious.

I am having trouble. PLEASE HELP
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8798 on: January 24, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »

@thistleknot: No. A HARDER option, yes. An EASIER one? No.

@gotdamnmiracle: download, unpack, play. No changes to normal DF. If you want to run the Settings, you need mono+wine, but I dont know how exactly a Mac works, since I never used one. So... wait for someone that plays Masterwork on Mac to help you.

@Chiasm: Its a bug, I accidently removed the building-id from the efficient steel making in the crucible

@rest: Maybe golems are overpowered? They actually should be able to bleed to death... using hydraulical fluid as blood. Seemingly that doesnt happen, I think I have to nerf them a bit more. Maybe adding a "brain" that instakills when destryoed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: January 24, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »

@gotdamnmiracle: download, unpack, play. No changes to normal DF. If you want to run the Settings, you need mono+wine, but I dont know how exactly a Mac works, since I never used one. So... wait for someone that plays Masterwork on Mac to help you.

Thank you. I suppose I will need to download mono+wine. My problem starts just as I am beginning fortress mode, I press b to get to the building screen, and suddenly the whole program closes and says "Masterwork DF has suddenly closed" leaving the terminal running.

I will wait, thank you for the help in the meantime. When I do get the answer, would you mind making that a section or spoiler on the front page or creating a link to it in there. I can't imagine I am the only one who has had this problem.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8800 on: January 24, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »

Turn off truetype I guess, by pressing F12, or turning it off in the init. I know linux cant handle it.

Oh, and the mac version  has 80 downloads... the windows version 2200 in the same time. I guess not many people have mac/linux problems, because not many people use them ^^ (now that I checked, wow, linux has more downloads then mac... I am surprised, 133 for linux ^^)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:34:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: January 24, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »

Turn off truetype I guess, by pressing F12, or turning it off in the init. I know linux cant handle it.

Oh, and the mac version  has 80 downloads... the windows version 2200 in the same time. I guess not many people have mac/linux problems, because not many people use them ^^ (now that I checked, wow, linux has more downloads then mac... I am surprised, 133 for linux ^^)

Wierd. Small crowd I guess. I'll do just that and let you know how it goes.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: January 24, 2013, 03:36:35 pm »

Thank you. I suppose I will need to download mono+wine. My problem starts just as I am beginning fortress mode, I press b to get to the building screen, and suddenly the whole program closes and says "Masterwork DF has suddenly closed" leaving the terminal running.
Someone had the some problem on Linux a few days ago.
Hi! I just downloaded the latest version for Debian Unstable, and whenever I try to build something ("b"), the game just crashes. (I haven't encountered any other problems yet, as it's quite impossible to play this way.) I start it through dfhack, and all it displays is "aborted". No modifications were made, and this happens regardless of other running utilities. What can I do to get it to work? Thanks for any support :)
It sounds like you have true type turned on, the same thing happens to me on Linux with true type on.
Try turning it off by setting
Code: [Select]
[TRUETYPE:NO]
in the "data/init/init.txt" file.
I have true type turned off by default in the Linux version for that reason.
It probably should be turned off by default in the Mac version as well.
Sigtext

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: January 24, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »

@wafflelordling: I need way more infos then that.
sorry was away for a bit the screen when I try to build it says that I need 4 non economic stones which I have, 27 jet and 57 slate available for use. But it wont build any help?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8804 on: January 24, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »

@Wafflelordling: I was more thinking along the lines of mod version, tileset used and so forth...  It does sound that you either dont have the stones set to economic in the stone stocks menu, or that its the burrow bug, with materials outside of the burrow. See the manual under "Known bugs" please.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 749