Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838796 times)

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8760 on: January 22, 2013, 08:20:01 pm »

I just downloaded the new masterwork and it look great. Although there is somewhat of a problem is that I can't seem to get my farms to produce anything at all. Is that normal? I used to have no problems of such in previous versions. Maybe they take more time as I've read in the forum but whats the point my fort is just starving no

crops too long = starving at embark WTF

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:25 pm »

I just downloaded the new masterwork and it look great. Although there is somewhat of a problem is that I can't seem to get my farms to produce anything at all. Is that normal? I used to have no problems of such in previous versions. Maybe they take more time as I've read in the forum but whats the point my fort is just starving no

crops too long = starving at embark WTF

If you have hard farming on you will have difficulties. Don't just jump into hard mode and expect easy street.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »

Right now, if you don't get the crops in before summer they'll not produce before winter, and they'll die.  Meph said that's not working as intended, and he's going to change it.  You can (1) not play with Harder Farming (2) edit the GROWDURs in the plants raws (3) use cave plants, which grow year round in this mod.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8763 on: January 22, 2013, 08:38:11 pm »

@roughhedge: underground crops need 1 year, aboveground 2 seasons, you can only plant them in spring atm.

@gamerlord: Read the manual. every item you can make in the forge has the number of bars stated in the manual.

@EliProphet: that is normal vanilla df behavior. Even in unmodded games "animal hair" will be animated and fights. Fights miserably, but still fights... that is normal. Do you play in an evil region?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EliProphet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: January 22, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »

@Meph Don't worry i figured it out. I wasn't in an evil region but i managed to get out by digging an escape tunnel to other side of the map and set up a few dozen cage traps, and a few months later i got the necromancer! Now i just have to figure out what to do with him.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: January 23, 2013, 02:02:21 am »

While this sounds a bit outlandish, will spider breeding ever be added? Spider babies and whatnot. Also, maybe some sort of crossbreeding workshop for creatures, so you can cross a different creatures to get others. Maybe some form of alchemo-geneticism?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: January 23, 2013, 02:38:46 am »

@ Eliprophet: the best way to have .. an unfortunate accident . would probably be  flowing water + fortification. use your imagination..

however society would prolly just station the mother on a bridge and release..

over the dining room.. 50 zlevels below...

on a more interesting note you could prolly put him in his own little room or make a tower somewhere out of the way with glass windows and no way out but down a large z-level drop if it / something else breaks the glass >:) put a bed cabniets and whatnot like your own personal wizard noble who doesnt like being disturbed .. ever!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:41:50 am by Fairin »

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:17 am »

As for rampaging animated hair and similar deadly enemies... well I really hope that I will live to see the day when Toady implements courage and threat rating system for df mode (where courage would be strictly character based + bonus for number of nearby allies, while threat level would account for size, body characteristics, value of combat-grade equipment and combat skills) so that animated foot would no longer make a grand hall full of drunken legendary cheese makers run for their lives, unless it would happen to be a foot of gigantic size adamantine titan.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: January 23, 2013, 05:27:22 am »

animated foot would no longer make a grand hall full of drunken legendary cheese makers run for their lives,

from now on till this is implimented all of my fortresses will be Sissy babies...

then theres no dwarven word for sissy... maybe cheesemaker...

BEHOLD NISTAM ! (Fearfull Babies)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:30:49 am by Fairin »

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: January 23, 2013, 05:38:34 am »

Is there anyway to make rough gems if my miners can't find them?  I seem unable to trade for them, Making diamonds in screw press or artificial rubies etc in alchemist makes cut gems.  Every so often I get a strange mood for rough gems and it seems that as long as my miners continue to not turn up any gems that these moods will fail....

How about adding a miscellaneous item for a crate of rough gems or something, similar to crate of steel bars so that we can trade for them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: January 23, 2013, 05:54:05 am »

Just roughen them via a reaction. Isn't it in masterwork already?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:05 am »

Just roughen them via a reaction. Isn't it in masterwork already?
If it is I've just found an exploit; buy large cut relics, divide them into 2 with the cut large gem reaction, then roughen up the 2 new relics. Then uncover them at the archaeologist for really good weapons! #note, a large relic only costs 150 dorf bucks
 Free volcanic weapons anyone?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:31 am »

So my fort burned down again.  I figured out it wasn't exploding fish it was some sort of flying undead bird that breaths fire if provoked.  I forgot to write down the name.  Next order of business.. putting a damn ceiling on my fort and surrounding it with turrets.

Firebird - had a nice swarm of them swoop over my freshly embarked crew .. not gonna bother with a reclaim not very "fun"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8773 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:34 am »

@godlysockpuppet: You can neither buy gems, nor get volcanic from the archeologist.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:43 am »

cant build slag pit any help?
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 749