Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838696 times)

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8640 on: January 16, 2013, 11:03:46 am »

Think i saw this reported earlier in thread but saying it anyway in case i'm wrong.

V.2f
Internal invaders or to be more specific, wraiths leave bodies of the miner who spawned them that need to be buried, if the miner dies this causes an endless failed loop of burials to his coffin. Also had the buried miner turn into a ghost and the only thing that seemed to work was slabbing him, i suspect this is because the miners actual body was never buried, can see it in my corpse stockpile right now.

I think both these problems are resolved if wraiths leave no corpse but can't say for sure.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38:29 am »

Argh! Just started an orcish fortress and there are more buildings than in the manual!  :o

The manual is new and work in progress.

Orc Fortress 0.3 added a ton of stuff.  If you have a question i would try to answer.

As Meph said, the Orc Fortress thread is the best place for Orcfort specific questions/bug reports/feedback, both to try to keep low the clutter here, and also because that's the one that i actually subscribe to :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:09:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8642 on: January 16, 2013, 12:29:44 pm »

Varyag: Thanks for the report. Might I ask why you report it, if you know that it already has been reported? Or, since you say that you arent sure, why didnt you use the search function to see that it indeed has been reported, and been answered by me. Your suggestions about removing wraith-corpses to fix the problem is wrong btw, for two reasons: 1. Wraiths have no corpses, they leave a harmless boiling rock upon death and 2. you are talking about bodyparts... and to further answer your next question: No, I cant remove bodyparts from them, and neither can I fix the behaviour of the dwarves.

@Noin: If I make several bone-groups, I would still have to assign one to each creature. Same amount of work.
Thing number 1: Bones having 0 value is not true.
Thing number 2: Leather give 2, not 1 piece as you stated. Other creatures give up to 4 pieces, or scale, or shell or chitin, or tough leather.
Thing number 3: Gems are valuable, how is that weird? If you engrave items in vanilla df, your forts value skyrockets as well. I actually did not change the value of gems at all in this mod.

@vdpk7: Why do you ask here about an ironhand issue? Ammo tiles are hardcoded, and I neither can nor did affect them with this mod.

@Gamerlord: Why do you ask here about an Orc Fortress issue, and not in the orc fortress thread? And why do you ask a general modding question here (how can you change colors/texure of sand) and not in the fitting thread ?

@Riun: Thanks for answering questions, but your answer is wrong. Leatherworking wont be changed to give 2 leather, it already gives 2 leather, since 5 versions. It even says so in the very changelog you posted ("Tanning a hide will now always give 2 pieces of leather") You also called the changelog the latest/up to date, which is false. I havent updated it for all new versions, which is my fault, but posted a changelog at every releasepost.

@Urist McUristson: Again, the changelog and/or manual answers all the questions. Why make a statement about llameral leather being better or worse then scale, if you could just look it up? This way people reading the thread dont get wrong infos.

@Qwo: Why do you ask here about the native Kobold Camp buildings, and not in the Kobold Camp thread ?

@SabbyKat: Again, no worries. It was not your long report, I repeatetly said that I like getting those. It was all of the above.

NOW; @ALL: I know that I sound like a total dick in this post, but I wanted to show you something. ALL of the above posts, and I literally mean EVERY SINGLE REPORT was either wrong, at the wrong place, or already reported. A simple solution for me would be to stop doing this forum support. Other players of the mod will come here and answer for me, sooner or later. Maybe giving right answers, maybe giving wrong answers, but still, they would like to help. A better solution would be this:
1. Make people read the manual
2. Make people use the search function
3. Make people double-check, before they post something.

The thing is that I have no idea how to do that. And I see thing from a different perspective. If someone comes by and reports about "werescorpions" I say thanks, but thats the wrong place, thats xangis fear the night. Obviously, because thats were werescorpions come from. But no one knows this. And no one uses the search function, because then they would see that they are from another mod. Same with the Ironhand report above. Yes, I include Ironhand. Yes, I might get things wrong with the tilesets, giving things wrong tile numbers, happened quite often. The report about the bolts using wrong tiles... that makes no sense. Its hardcoded.. come one guys... thats super clear, everyone knows intantly which items use custom tiles and which are hardcoded, no? Obviously every single DF player knows such things. Oh, wait, thats wrong. Only modders and gfx dudes know this. So this report was well meant, written, stated the version number, included a screenshot, all good. I cant even say anything against it, because the author did everything alright... and still, the MasterworkDF thread was in fact wrong to post it in. But he had no chance of knowing this.

I actually dont know where I am heading with this ^^

Anyway, what fairin said about me being here a lot is true. The last three weeks I did DF-Modding as a full-time job, so to speak. That is nothing unusual for me, since all my pasttimes are done in similar fashion. Lets say I want to read a series of books, then I get all of them, and read 10h a day, till I know them all. Or if I say: I feel like mountaineering this month, then I go to the alps and spend a month in the mountains, doing nothing else. Same with the biketour, having done ~70.000km on my bicycles. Point is that I like modding and I love this project here, and I have somewhere between 2 and 3,5 months before I start travelling again. My girlfriend is currently in NewZealand (and later Australia) before we meet up again, and Europe is a bit too cold for me to do tours atm. Thats why I spend the december in Northafrica. I will probably do 1 or 2 more updates, but after that I'll be distracted by other things. So... please excuse my harsh tone in this post, it should show very clearly how bad some of the reports are I get. Or, to be more precise, on how distracting they are. AND that I answered them kindly and to my best knowledge previously, and never like I did above.

Oh, and what I wanted to ask: Anyone interested in taking over the Kobold Camp plugin for Masterwork DF? Similar to how smakemupagus does OrcFortress. I can do it myself, but the author of KoboldCamp will of course stay on his own version, without the MasterworkDF compability.

Last thing: Sayke, if you think the mod is bug-free you are mad :P Just try to find the "efficiently make steel bars(3)" reaction in the crucible. Because I broke it ^^
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:37:04 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:17 pm »

I try to keep up with this topic but the posts come too fast sometimes. [And, as opposed to you, not all of us respond to the reports of things that aren't mod-specific problems ;p]

And what do you mean by KC? The developer doesn't work with you already? [Derp I'm high and forgot it was you] So you need a dev for KCMWDF [or MWDFKC..?]?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:31:00 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:26 pm »

I just want to say that only just now I've realized that the Glacier world generates with mountains in the form of your avatar. Are you trying to mind-control us or something?

Anyway, enjoy your time off the mod, and don't feel the need to reply if it's something people can easily figure out on their own (if they don't it's their choice).
And thanks for all these awesome updates :)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: January 16, 2013, 05:58:42 pm »

I didn't quite think before posting half those times. Should be me apologizing. Hope we didn't burn you out, Meph.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: January 16, 2013, 07:35:49 pm »

Might I suggest you try to... 'hire' for lack of a term, some people to read/respond on your behalf for the thread? Since it seems to aggrevate you to no end, and you seem to need to reply (I know the feeling, I can't find the right word for why, but I'm the same way :P), and that's not gonna be good if you lose your drive to mod just due to forum posts.

dammit i try

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:28 pm »

Maybe I may offer a suggestion. This is the most popular mod with LNP close behind it (at least that is what it seems like.)
So:

1) This place needs more than one person who loves masterwork and can answer questions from their experience with both modding and Masterwork itself.
2) Near the top of the first post offer suggestions for people asking questions (search, manual, other forums.) This will not dissuade half of the people asking questions you don't feel are good questions, but it is a start.
3) Most people who post here have less than an 1/8 of the knowleadge that you have, but that does not mean that the manual does not need some love. You may want to ask for volenteers who would be interested in making tutorials for all new processes added to gameplay.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »

Maybe I may offer a suggestion. This is the most popular mod with LNP close behind it (at least that is what it seems like.)

LNP is a mod?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »

So:

1) This place needs more than one person who loves masterwork and can answer questions from their experience with both modding and Masterwork itself.
2) Near the top of the first post offer suggestions for people asking questions (search, manual, other forums.) This will not dissuade half of the people asking questions you don't feel are good questions, but it is a start.
3) Most people who post here have less than an 1/8 of the knowleadge that you have, but that does not mean that the manual does not need some love. You may want to ask for volenteers who would be interested in making tutorials for all new processes added to gameplay.
1) Yeah, that's what long-term players are for :). Go ahead and become one.
2) Are there other forums? I missed Meph creating special forums for his mod, sorry.
3) There's a manual in the works.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »

@deon - there are other forums... reddit is pretty active, in particular =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: January 16, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »

I don't really play Masterwork, but I do have good enough knowledge of modding that I could figure out pretty much any feature in any mod and make something very similar to it by just hearing about it.

Deon's probably the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8652 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:23 am »

With other forums I didnt mean to spread out MasterworkDF related questions somewhere else, but to keep dfhack/therapist/graphic-pack/included-mods/ related questions in their own threads. For example Orc Fortress gets quite a few posts here, even if I include a link to its thread in the frontpage and each releasepost about it. That way smake has to read this thread as well, and I have to redirect people to his mod. Reddit I noticed because someone told me about it and I was shocked at the amount of threads about the mod, so I started doing releaseposts there as well. Small ones ^^

It's all just about sorting the useful feedback from the not-so-useful feedback.

@CaptApollo12: While LNP is no mod, it does have about 3-4 times as many daily downloads as this mod. No chance for me to beat that ;)

@Mictlantecuhtli: Yes, I meant a masterwork-df plugin for Kobolds. The original is in developement, but slowly and the masterwork-df version can of course access a lot of special items, materials and already written reactions, like the OrcFortress plugin. Like I said, its most likely something for me to do myself.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:08:37 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: January 17, 2013, 08:25:45 am »

LNP gets that many because it is suggested (at least from me) to every beginner who just wants to start DF. He gets LNP, i gen a world, give them a started embark, tell them about the wiki (and hammer it into their heads: If you dont understand it, or if you dont know it, LOOK AT THE WIKI! Except for spoilers, of course).

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: January 17, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »

Dear Meph, I tried to play as kobolds, and upon generating the worlds, it had no kobolds. When I looked at the entity_kobold_camp,

I had to change !NOKOBOLDCAMP!OBJECT:ENTITY] to:

YESKOBOLDCAMP[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:KOBOLD_CAMP]. Upon generating a new world, it generated kobolds normally- was this a typo? Please look into it!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:08:24 pm by Urist McEngraver »
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 749