Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838689 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8625 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:38 pm »

Where can I find an up-to-date changelog?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:04 pm »

check out meph's release posts!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:09 pm »

The first page links to the release post. It's in small font.

I wish I had time to mess with DF and Masterwork and bug test but school keeps me busy.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: January 16, 2013, 12:47:41 am »

Might I suggest you try to... 'hire' for lack of a term, some people to read/respond on your behalf for the thread?

oh we try . but meph responds so fast you'd think he didn't have a life outside of this

out of curiosity was that bucket of ice you were trying to melt exposed to the freezing climate? im pritty sure it takes a while to refreeze but does happen iirc.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:55:15 am by Fairin »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:17 am »

i have honestly not encountered a genuine bug with 2f yet.

that's really saying something. and this workflow plugin...? my god. it's a whole different game - so much less micromanagement!!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:04 am »

this workflow plugin...? my god. it's a whole different game - so much less micromanagement!!

Yeah i know, if i could wish for a single thing to be in 0.34.12 i would have to say integrated workflow in the game.

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: January 16, 2013, 03:03:23 am »

Is there a list of descriptions of all the Kobold-specific buildings/etc. out there? Wondering what the Scrimshawer/Wood Processor/Furrier/etc. all is. I'm presuming Scrimshaw = bones and Furrier = cloth?

Kobold Camp is fantastic, I'm having a ton of fun with it so far.

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:11 am »

Hello everyone!
Fist of all, I want to say that I really enjoed this mod so far. But a couple of simple things might make it even better, I believe.
Thing number 1:
Bones
Bonecarving right now is pretty useless, since all bones have a value of 0, no matter what creature's it was. I think that making, for example, unicorn horns very expensive and magical beasts' bones have different value would improve this labor A LOT.

Second thing:
Leather (and this one is REALLY weird)
No matter that creature you slaughter, you always get only 1 piece of leather. Mamonth, who can feed my whole fortress for months, have, however, only just enough skin to make one pair of gloves. Where is logic in that?
In the end I have to buy leather with every caravan just to have this industry going.

Third thing:
Redicilous values of some things. For example, making some trap components from gems instantly boost your fort's value by few hundred thousands. There are things that are just way too expensive, while some industries wield basically no profit at all.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: January 16, 2013, 03:42:23 am »

@noin, im pritty sure meph added in a bonus for the leatherworking industry that you get exactly what you asked for already. besides who uses anything but sheared drakescales anyway =P

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:20 am »

What Fairin said. Drakes are expensive to embark with, but they will solve most leather issues, since you don't have to butcher drakes to get it, and the leather they produce is comparable to iron for armor.

If you want to upgrade leather through the ordinary route, you can also pair beekeeping with a livestock industry to supply an endless amount of bone studs. Pasture animals on top of honey bee hives and they will get stung. A lot. Honey bees die when they sting something, so they leave remains to be processed into bone studs.

Urist McUristson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: January 16, 2013, 08:26:15 am »

besides who uses anything but sheared drakescales anyway =P

Am I wrong in thinking Lamellar is the best form of leather for armor?  Thought it was above Drakescale.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: January 16, 2013, 09:02:18 am »

Where can I find an up-to-date changelog?

I hope you already found it, but here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/Changelog.txt

its pretty small, so yeah. For everyone who uses this and doesnt already know: strg+f and search for keywords, usually nets me all the info I need.

Leatherworking is going to be changed to make every creature give 2 leather. As far as I know, without modding knowledge, giving different creatures different amount of leather is either impossible or at least really complex.
Similiar for value, its pretty hard to balance out and a lot of meticilous work. After all, the original Df is only alpha and far from balanced. If I notice something exploit-like, I dont use it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:47 am »

Argh! Just started an orcish fortress and there are more buildings than in the manual!  :o

Also, how can I change the colour and texture of sand on a save to something less visually annoying?

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: January 16, 2013, 10:08:53 am »

Hi guys, just wondering if its intended that crossbow bolts would use different graphics? If you could look at the pic its seems like some bolts would use a mine track graphic beside a warwolf and something that looks like normal bolt beside the cursor. This is on v.2d and ironhand tileset.

The tileset im using is from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6320 which is ironhand but changes all of the mine track graphics.

I looked it up abit on the MW and the upgraded version of ironhand tileset and it seems like the tiles between, {  } and the one above and between the up and down staircases, for horizontal and vertical bolts goes along with the bolt graphics that is being used when moving diagonally.

Thanks

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:57:01 am by vdpk7 »

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:45 am »

Leatherworking is going to be changed to make every creature give 2 leather. As far as I know, without modding knowledge, giving different creatures different amount of leather is either impossible or at least really complex.
Similiar for value, its pretty hard to balance out and a lot of meticilous work. After all, the original Df is only alpha and far from balanced. If I notice something exploit-like, I dont use it.
I find it strange, considering all creatures having different amount of bones and meat...
And about bones: it shouldn't be a specific value for EVERY creature's bones, just a few generic types, like "bone" (value of 1) "rare bone" (value of 5) "beast bone" (value of 10) "dragonbone" (value of 25) etc
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 749