Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837708 times)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8085 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

Thank you for the faedog removal because they were like griefing to me. They alredy got 2 forts.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: January 04, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

I have something better: My prototype hammergolem is beating the shit out of a goblin. Nothing unusual, right? Well, he is doing it with a wool bag. HE SHATTERS THE DAMN SKULL WITH IT. 5 pages of combat report, that thing is sadistic.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: January 04, 2013, 01:20:15 pm »

Sorry when I said startup screen I meant there's a screen where you can set the graphics pack or tileset, and change the raw options (i.e. more trees, fewer trees, simple items...). That isn't really working on WINE for me, so I would try the mac version were it not for DFhack...
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »

Hmm... Well turns out I'm quite confused with the scriptorium, the manual helped a little, but here's what I make of it.

Essays = paper + ink
tome = 10 essays + Book?
Textbook = ???

Help?

(By the way, the new manual is REALLY good!)
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8089 on: January 04, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »

@capslock:
Essay = Paper + Ink
Textbook = Paper
Book = Paper + Ink + Essay

If you have suggestions for making it more clear, I am all ears. I know it looks complicated, but it NEED these textbooks-containers to make it work.

@CaptainArchmage: I dont have a Mac, cant tell you anything about it, sorry.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: January 04, 2013, 01:56:56 pm »

Sorry when I said startup screen I meant there's a screen where you can set the graphics pack or tileset, and change the raw options (i.e. more trees, fewer trees, simple items...). That isn't really working on WINE for me, so I would try the mac version were it not for DFhack...
That sounds like the Settings.exe for changing Masterwork settings, it is not needed to play with default options.

You probably need to have Mono installed in your WINE prefix for the Masterwork settings to work.
Download the Windows installer for mono and run that with WINE to install it in your WINE prefix.

If I remember correctly that is what I needed to do to use it in WINE on Linux.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

Let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of Masterwork, for the simplified clothing even it did nothing else.  A question about slag.  Its created from smelting in version 2c, at the rate of 1 metal bearing stone = 4 bars of metal + 4 bars of slag.  Slag can be used to make Potash, Concrete, or destroyed in a Slag Pit.  I don't want/need Potash or concrete so I want to destroy it.  I figure to keep one smelter working full time, I'll need 4 Slag Pits, for a total of 5 smelter-dwarfs working.  Slag Pits are 5x5 structures, which is a ton of space.  I would store it, but I can't find any stockpile that holds it.  My smelters are cluttered! 

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: January 04, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »

maybe lower the amount of slag produced? The current amount seems a bit excessive, i have 100 bars of different metals, and 400 Bars of slag. 3 dorfs basically chained to the slag pits, doing nothing else, but the amount isnt reducing.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: January 04, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »

Maybe 1 bar of slag instead of 4?  Also oddly enough, each bar of slag seems to be heavier than the stone it came from.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8094 on: January 04, 2013, 03:24:29 pm »

My smelters are cluttered!

3 dorfs basically chained to the slag pits, doing nothing else, but the amount isnt reducing.

Only thing I can say about this: It works like intended. Cluttered smelters and designated cleaner-dwarves.

I will myself play another fort with the feature in future as well, but so far it looks like it is what it should be. I would love to raise the rate at which the smelters clutter, and at the same time decrease the amount of slag bars. If I lower the amount now, the workshops wont get cluttered anymore. And they are not stockpiled on purpose. Either destroy them, use them up, or have cluttered workshops. Of course, balancing is always an option.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:26:24 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: January 04, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »

I'm busy playtesting the hell out of the new Cataclysm, but I'll be back to MW soon to try out the new slag. I always have 5+ furnaces running, so I thoroughly appreciate you making it more work [and less of a 'you win!' strategy] to do that.

Do other non-furnace smelters create slag?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: January 04, 2013, 03:29:56 pm »

Not to be rude, and I know English isn't your first language but you misspelled Relics as relicts :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8097 on: January 04, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »

New Cataclysm?

Arc Furnace, Crucible, Blast Furnace (50% less slag then smelter), and Metallurgist, yes.  The only thing that slag does when left alone is to slow down the smelting of metals, that's it. I think I can improve it a ton by using custom slag thats heavier in the custom buildings. But I cant do that to the smelter... that is my big problem, hardcoded behavior. It would be best if the custom workshops would be cluttered with 5 or 10 slag already, this way I dont need to generate 100 of them, like I have to do in the smelter.

@godlysockpuppet: Why rude? All reported mistakes will be fixed, so thank ;) German word for relic is relikt btw, with the T at the end. Thats why I made that mistake.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:36:29 pm by Meph »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: January 04, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »

That sounds like the Settings.exe for changing Masterwork settings, it is not needed to play with default options.

You probably need to have Mono installed in your WINE prefix for the Masterwork settings to work.
Download the Windows installer for mono and run that with WINE to install it in your WINE prefix.

If I remember correctly that is what I needed to do to use it in WINE on Linux.

Thanks. The reason I don't use the mac version is DFhack doesn't seem to launch on 10.6; I need to use WINE.

I've also noticed the default color settings seem a little different from the Mac version when using WINE. Anyone else notice this (especially arclance @Linux)? I know you can alter the settings somewhere.

I haven't played masterwork to any significant extent, but I'd recommend a "some waste" option to reduce the chance of getting it. There isn't a way to make the smelter produce only one bar of a specific metal with 100% chance at the moment unless someone can make a DFhack thing to do it.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: January 04, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »

New Cataclysm?

Arc Furnace, Crucible, Blast Furnace (50% less slag then smelter), and Metallurgist, yes.  The only thing that slag does when left alone is to slow down the smelting of metals, that's it. I think I can improve it a ton by using custom slag thats heavier in the custom buildings. But I cant do that to the smelter... that is my big problem, hardcoded behavior. It would be best if the custom workshops would be cluttered with 5 or 10 slag already, this way I dont need to generate 100 of them, like I have to do in the smelter.

You could make blast furnace slag toxic [create miasma and be heavier], but I think that'd be overkill to some people. It'd be a good way to balance the use of the BF, which I use almost exclusively once I do get it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 749