Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837618 times)

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8040 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:33 am »

About tranquil idea a page back.

Don't we have something similar for our disposal? It is good, old and reliable method that involves tall mist generator and kittens. Dwarves love to be sprayed in the face with kitten guts, or at least they are quite quick to get used to it, to the point where they couldn't care less about losing a spouse and a child or two. And guess what? Dropping kittens into over 10z drop straight into dining hall does the trick.

EDIT: On the side note: dropping unwanted immigrants works too, but it's more troublesome as you can't eat their meat, can't grind their bones to flux and have to carry each of their parts to coffin/refuse_dump and... I seem to be forgetting something... Ah right, it's highly unethical.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:50:47 am by Labraid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8041 on: January 03, 2013, 02:40:59 am »

Your warbeast kennels have a reaction: heal nearby pets. It raises recuperation of everything with pet_healing that gets in contact with the boiling stone that is created. I added it because animal caretaking has no use in vanilla df. At least you can doctor a little bit on your animals ;)

Kitten waterfall is of course a way to prevent tantrums, but completely different from the posted idea. And a very bad idea if the fortress is close to a trantrum already. If I work a bit on the apothecarius, I might add lobotomizing, which, btw, is unethical as well. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8042 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:16 am »

Changed the armory a little. No more armorplates. All platearmor is made directly. You need one armorpiece, steel bars and leather to upgrade it to platearmor. Works with helms, breastplate, greaves, boots and kiteshields. (custom gauntlets are, as always, bugged) The new platearmor will have the material of the base-armor. That means you can even upgrade bifrost/volcanic gear.

Changed the weaponry a little. No more runes. All runic weapons have been replaced by "superior" weapons. You need one weapons and two steel bars to improve a weapon. Works will all weapons you civ can produce, including chopping axes and picks. You have a 15% chance to create a "legendary" weapon in addition. This weapon has some special combatlogs, expect easter eggs. Can add daggers to crossbows and javelin throwers for melee. The new, improved weapon will have the materials of the base-weapon. That means you can even upgrade bifrost/volcanic gear.

That makes space for the new runesmith. :) In the end, you will have your dwarf, taking a volcanic breastplate, reinforce it with steelplates and leatherstraps to make a volcanic platemail, and wield a superior adamantine great axe, coated with mithril runes into battle. Best case scenario would be with a lamellar leather padded armor underneath. And brandishing his towershield. And then getting one-shotted in the throat by a goblin archer. It will be glorious.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:31:56 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: January 03, 2013, 06:13:04 am »

Oh wow. Scary!

A fox! Drive it away!

And i cant tame it too.

Edit: Nvm i can.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:52:42 am by firons2 »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:36 am »

I can't believe that I have been playing this mod for nearly one year now, dwarf fortress is scary as a time sink...
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: January 03, 2013, 09:38:44 am »

I guess i can see a "slight" balancing problem here  :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also noticed a random bug:
My dwarves seem to be able to place stuff into barrels i used to build things.

Or am i just stupid and things are "working as intended"?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:30:21 am by ImmortalBrain »

Absolutis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:20 am »

Hey, does this mod influence flux showing up on the embark map? I can't seem to find any.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:42 am »

Finally back to testing! First feedback i can give is on Archaeologist - I had a Gem Savant on Embark and stumbled upon two relicts pretty fast. One gave my two Minecarts, the other Volcanic Weapons. Decided to use reveal command and take 10 more relicts. So far got a shitload of pretty strong weapons.
Summary: Quality based on gem skill makes them normally low quali, mining without reveal shouldnt give too many, but with some luck you can have shitstrong weapons in the first season.

Btw, I also got enchanted knuckle duster and a cursed picks - are these the runified versions?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: January 03, 2013, 10:34:05 am »

Hi everyone i'm back. :D And have a question. ^.^

Are the disease "system" new or any change's in it? It's still the need to buy it from caravan's? In the setting menü it say's to build ward's in the apothecarius? I dont have found ward's reactions in it.

Thank's for answers.

Edit: Hm i have read the manual again and i think with the diseases have no changes yet but in a future update it comes? :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:46:44 am by kizucha »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8049 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:38 pm »

@firons2: You can see a list of creatures by using this tool http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0 Its a bit of work still, but you'll figure it out.

@kizucha: Diseases have a tiny change, they are twice as rare, and dwarves eventually get immune to it. Should take about 1 month.

@riun: Might remove volcanic from archeologist, replace with steel, or wolfram or something... its just too good. Yes, these are the rare second upgrade types from the weaponry.

@absolutis: flux should always be on every map, the embark finder almost never shows it show. Thats a vanilla problem. You also have bonemeal flux, so no worries.

@immortalbrain: Damn it, I thought multiple coatings wouldnt work. I tested with weapons... will test again. Not all bad of course, but it will be difficult for people to avoid coating one set of bolts 5 times, instead of 5 stacks of bolts. Hope I can fix this with Not_improved. Fountain of Youth only accepts empty barrels now, was missing the empty tag.

@slay_mithos: Yes it is. ^^

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »

I'd probably keep volcanic, but it shouldn't be frequent by any means.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8051 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »

Nah... volcanic is the third best metal in the game. No reason anyone should have it in first season, even if he is just extremely lucky.

The coating system checks if it is coated with the same material only... so a weapon coated with biterrroot cant be coated with bitterroot, but all the other poisons still work. That does allow some inbalances.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »

A weapon that poisons, burns, curses, pulls into other dimensions, spawns bunnys and can cook coffee doesnt sound imbalanced to me, just more dwarfish :D

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: January 03, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »

Just found a bunch of weird stuff/bugs:

1. I dont think that this is supposed to happen:
2. Are treants and spitting orchids supposed to be free? coz they are.. i have an army of plants near my entrance now
3. Shell plate (and probably scale plate) counts as metal when i use armor plates for plate armor. So yeah, i have a shell plate plate helmet.
4. Bone studs can be "decorated with".
5. For some reason Drake Scale counts as shells. Whenever i order "Make shell crafts" i get a bunch of drake scale amulets/earrings/rings/whatever.

Where the hell from shell plate and scale plate come btw?

And a little suggestion: Is it possible to implement something like "Extract creature's poison"? I'd like to be able to extract poison from killed/tamed Giant Cave Spiders and Giant Desert Scorpions.  :). I know it is done with vermits already, but is it possible to do the same with others?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:27:56 pm by ImmortalBrain »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:44 pm »

Why is half my population going to a restrained dog?
And how the hell do i retake a door thats being used by an intruder?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:06:09 pm by firons2 »
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 749