Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837600 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8025 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:13 pm »

No. Only vanilla workshops I can change are screw press and soapmaker. I thought about adding the soap-making to the chemist, but thats it. I can ADD reactions to still and kitchen, but I cant access their original reactions or building files. Same for smelter, tanner, quern, craftsman...

I can only remove all drink template from available plants, and remove all edible from food, and use them in custom reactions to make drinks and food. In itself thats not a big deal for me, and I would love to add it, but making this optional, with that many changes in that many files... thats an entirely different undertaking.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:33 pm »

well, if you cant change the vanilla buildings. what would happen if you made a MW kitchen, or MW mason shop, with the basic and custom reactions?

you could still have the vanilla reactions in your modified shops right? so you could change/edit them?

along that same line. couldn't modders make 1 building that makes everything? (not suggestion. only question)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8027 on: January 02, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

If I make a MW Still, there would be a non-functional still left in the game, that does nothing. I also dont want to do a total conversion, but base the mod around the vanilla reactions. If you have a closer look, all vanilla stuff is still in the game, and is not altered. Yes, there are additions, but I did not rebalance anything of the original reactions. One exception is the tanner, it makes 2 pieces of leather. Thats only done because creature size is not respected when you create tan_mats.

And yes, I could pack all 2000 reactions I have into one building. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »

Meph, the glass mod that was mentioned is probably this one:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4071
Which is linked to in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79662.0

It's very much a Chemistry or Alchemy type mod. Might well be of interest.

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »

Looked up the tranquil, I like the idea of it, but feel for DF lobotomies would be more appropriate. Butchers the brain, causing the ability to learn to drop drastically, but makes the dwarf completely unable to spaz out when Terrance the kitten stumbles into some lava. Lobotomizing miscreants would also be much cheaper than giving them drugs or performing some magic ritual. Any surgeon could do this, no magic needed. Of course, a chance of failing and killing the dwarf, or making them a vegetable would add further risk. This would most likely be a cheap and relatively easy solution to the handful of dwarves in every fort that are never happy and always taking it out on everyone else.

What I was hoping for is some kind of end-game content, though. Something akin to a social version of adamantine. Basically, Soma from Brave New World. To qoute Huxley "All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects.". Some kind of potion, drink, or food that bestows calmness on the imbiber (probably by means of imparting a short lasting syndrome on them). Naturally, it would have to be consumed on a regular basis, and would probabaly be very difficult to manufacture on a large scale, and would have the effect of slowing the dwarves down, both mentally and physically. Withdrawl would be a total nightmare. However it works, it would probabaly be absolutely vital to maintaining a large, functional dwarven population center. As things are, the mountainhomes should be nothing more than a steaming magma soaked crater, the victim of one thousand temper tantrums, all because someones pet cat died and they lashed out at someones pet dog, and so forth.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: January 02, 2013, 07:22:52 pm »

Meph, the glass mod that was mentioned is probably this one:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4071
Which is linked to in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79662.0

It's very much a Chemistry or Alchemy type mod. Might well be of interest.
I think that is the one I was thinking of.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »

If you want a true end game how about making HFS literally unstoppable (only exception is walling off... although that's cheating) ;) make it consist of Slade golems with claws that secrete necrotizing goop and near impossible to hit shadow men with sword arms that cause nausea to all in its presence, perhaps some horrible creature that drives your dwarfs insane upon sight and the like.

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: January 02, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

Damn you! I've just downloaded V.2b a week ago, and now I have to dump my fortress because I want V.2c  :'(

And bless you! New Masterwork version!  :D (I'm a slowpoke, I know)

Btw, a suggestion with the Extract Blood reaction: make it able to use both Pots and Barrels, instead of just Barrels. Even with treefarming,fungus-trees, etc is a pain to have to use the wood on this.

I believe that what needs to be changed under the reaction in reaction_masterwork.txt is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Right? (I'm asking so that I can change it myself for this version :P)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:51 pm »

bout time I see quickfort added.

I think dwarf foreman should be added as well
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62364.0

great tool

update (shish's v 0.7.7)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6462

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8034 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »

I already have an endgame planned, for the HFS and beyond.

I downloaded the mod and will have a look. I am currently looking through a lot of mods, finding good ideas left and right... plus another nifty dfhack invention that allows more modding, plus kobold camp, plus working on the GUI, Runesmith... and balancing, metals, plants, farming... I cant decide what I gonna do next. :) I thought I take a break after the three quick updates I made, but I think I will continue for now. It's fun again, after being away for 3 months.  And with the manual done, I shouldnt get so many questions :P

Lobotomy actually makes more sense, now that you say it. But I cant do a drink version... even the lobotomy would work with transformation, which is something I dont like to use too often.

@black: totally wrong. barrel:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE plus FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER behind it will work. But then you have to change all reactions that use blood, because they currently only accept blood in barrels... about 7-8 of them, temple, brewery, church of d.D.... I just did it here in my version...

Edit: For the next update, playable races in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:09:58 pm by Meph »

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: January 02, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »

I keep getting this graphical bug, I'm not sure why/what it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8036 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:00 pm »

If you hover your mouse of the tileset button, you will see a tooltip. It will say: Note that Jolly Bastion needs TrueType to be OFF. So... please turn truetype off. Either with the button or by pressing F12.

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:35 am »

Silly me, thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8038 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:18 am »

No problem. Probably should make a bigger section about tilesets in the manual.

And completely random: In a flash of insight, I know why Hellfire Imps & Ancient Vampires melt. They have standardized materials of course.

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:39 am »

I have another question that is hopefully not as braindead:

The Giant Rat has the tags [PET_EXOTIC][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING][TRAINABLE][MOUNT]

I'm curious, what does the PET_HEALING tag mean, and I gather than trainable means that they can be trained as war rats?
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 749