Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836669 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7530 on: November 24, 2012, 01:45:35 am »

Anyone mind telling me how in the hell I access the pre-genned maps?

Thanks in advance :D.

use advanced world gen

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: November 24, 2012, 11:51:49 am »

Anyone mind telling me how in the hell I access the pre-genned maps?

Thanks in advance :D.

use advanced world gen

There are people that still don't use advanced world gen?!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: November 24, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »

Any news on when can we expect an updated version of the alpha?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: November 24, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »

Has anyone else test the warpstone landmines in the arena? I had one completely surrounded by dwarves wearing full armor and wielding tower shields. It's confirmed, warpstone gas kills armored soldiers just as easily as unarmored dwarves. Those mines are horrifying. In my next fort, i'm thinking of building a gassing chamber into my defences. All it would require is a closed room, and at least 1 warpstone mine.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: November 24, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »

Just an idea... is it possible to give descriptions to items? It'd make a lot of things easier, like deciding wether or not a weapon is better for my adventurer than the one he already has. Going to the raws and trying to get comparable data, then to the wiki to try and make sense of it, kind of breaks immersion. And minds.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: November 25, 2012, 02:01:39 am »

what's the status of this mod, last update I saw to the front page was in October...

spoke with Meph via facebook, and thought he was on this, said he hasn't touched it in a while

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: November 25, 2012, 07:14:06 am »

Hi !

I'm trying Gaia world, and I have some pre-embark questions for you.
I generated 3 times the world, and I activated in the launcher all creatures and races.

• There is always a huge % of badgerman civilizations and great badgerman around, is this because there are a lot of forests in Gaia ? Or I was just unlucky ?
  • Using the embark finder I noticed that Flux Stone is totally missing in the world, is this a choice ? Is it not needed in the long-run game ?
  • What about aquifiers ? Are them (like the rest of the world) designed by you? So are they "well placed" ? Or should I remove them ? In my first game I played with aquifiers and I managed to play fine ... but I'm tempted to remove them in the Gaia game.
  • If I embark near a tower (friendly), how can I interact with the people there? It happened to me to embark in a friendly badger civilization, they are very well armed so I could use their equipment killing them after the embark ... but what will this provoke ? war ?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: November 25, 2012, 12:32:36 pm »

@thistleknot: No news from Meph, and he seems to be on a travel right now.

@Nakao:
* Badgerman civs: No idea, I always play on gaia too, and had no trouble with civs like that, just elves or human civs not always present/surviving.
* Flux stone in the finder is a vanilla problem that was introduced in January with the "new" DF, nothing mods can do about it.
* Aquifer are not modded, so they are the same troubles as in vanilla. I simply disable them entirely anyway because they cause much trouble in early game and I am not good enough to have time to spare on this before the first attacks.
* Vanilla too, friendlies will remain like that no matter what you do, and you can't interract with them apart from killing them. They will react to sieges and the like, so either protect them, or let them take care/die when sieges appears.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: November 25, 2012, 02:34:32 pm »

Ok so I'll try to play in a map with friendly civilizations,
Seems useful for their equip and help in defence,
Plus their towers can be used to make archers fortifications.

As a crazy test I could also make a fortress outdoors, up z-levels making floors around of their tower with under-the-sun farm plots and living dorms.

Did anyone try that ?

LostLover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: November 26, 2012, 05:59:39 am »

What type of stockpiles need for bone stud?Oo
Help plz
...and what do Magic Nature?Oo

kaos78414

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: November 27, 2012, 03:36:49 pm »

I'm relatively new to Masterwork and DF in general, but I've been having loads of fun so far. Anyhow, I've a few questions about the launcher options (particularly how they effect other areas of the mod)

If I disable any of the following: Craftsdwarf changes, Boneyard, Gem Workshop, Rockforge, Stonecutter, Archaeology, and Creature Lab, will I be cutting myself off from any of the other features of the mod? Specifically, I want to make sure I have access to the Magic workshops and Alchemy workshops in the late game.

Also, which of the workshops do you guys find unnecessary and/or make things a little too easy in the early game? I want to make sure before I start my next world that I'm not going to be giving myself any early advantages. Basically I just want to know how balanced some of the features are. It seems to me that Magic and Alchemy are late-game enough that once you get to them they are not going to be too overpowered. Is the Training System portion of the mod balanced enough in your opinion?

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »

Is the Training System portion of the mod balanced enough in your opinion?
IMO it's pretty useless. You need to spend loads of logs and ash bars just to give one of your dwarves +300 expirience in just one skill...

Also, which of the workshops do you guys find unnecessary and/or make things a little too easy in the early game?
basically, all the new workshops are just a little "extra". they are definitely not requiered to survive, just to make game a bit more diverse.

I want to make sure before I start my next world that I'm not going to be giving myself any early advantages.
You can leave all these options on, but also add all the hostile civs, and. if you feel especially suicidal, also turn the options "harder farming", "harder smithing" etc on. In this case, believe me, you will need everything these building can produce.
Ah, almost forgot. If you don't want to get any early advantages, you can always embark on a glacier :)

kaos78414

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: November 27, 2012, 04:10:42 pm »

Ah, then I was thinking of going in with this selection of settings:

Races - Invaders: All on, Cave Races: All on, Friendly Races: All on, Fortress Defense and Creeper: off
Creatures - Everything on except the Evil races
Materials - Simple options: all off, Add: all on
Buildings - No: Archaeology, Boneyard, Creature Lab, Gem Workshop, Stonecutter, Rockforge, Storage unit. Everything else on
Misc Features - No extra craftsdwarf reactions (stone instruments? that kind of thing just bothers me), No no corpses, no concubines, everything else on, including balancing features

The main question I have now, is without those buildings enabled, am I missing out on anything major? And without the Boneyard, is there no way to obtain the Church of Dark Depths?

EDIT: Screw it. I decided I'll just go with all buildings enabled, and reenable the craftsdwarf changes. I'll just put my fort's fate in the hands of the mod creator. I'm sure he knows what he's doing as far as balance is concerned. All of you have played longer then I have anyhow :p

Anyway, thanks for the help. :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:25:43 pm by kaos78414 »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: November 27, 2012, 06:35:47 pm »

I'm starting now a new game with MW DF :)

In a "suicidal mission" I discovered that is actually possible with the embark anywhere script to embark and conquer a small castle with a military embark profile,
and then go there again (abandon fortress first) with the workers embark profile to start to build the fortress with some actual good defence (the walls) against the first sieges.

Before "having lot of fun" I found some "Tears of Armok" on the last z-levels ... I readed they are an infinite water source, how do I use them ? ? ?
I could easily make a waterfall up in my castle's tower with that, maybe also in early game (if I actually find it and survive, next time...).

In your manual there is a small mistake: settings -> creatures -> Drake is repeated 2 times,
please do a HTML version because with this damn windows help files I can't increase font size.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:38:13 pm by Nokao »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: November 27, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »

Tears of Armok are just aquifers. Mine next to them and you'll get infinite water.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 749