Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836628 times)

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7515 on: November 22, 2012, 06:16:45 pm »

Was looking through my build options, I can't seem to find the blast furnace (or the magma blast furnace) under furnaces or workshops. Is it somewhere else, or am I missing something?

In another point, not considering the embark point cost, do dogs hold any advantages over mastiffs? The latter seems just better.

"Quantity is a quality all its own."

Also, I found a bug: the Gemforge's "Encrust shoes/boots with gems" job consumes gems without actually encrusting the items.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:25:53 pm by Justyn »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: November 22, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

Was looking through my build options, I can't seem to find the blast furnace (or the magma blast furnace) under furnaces or workshops. Is it somewhere else, or am I missing something?

In another point, not considering the embark point cost, do dogs hold any advantages over mastiffs? The latter seems just better.

Try searching "blast furnace" in this topic. You may see a pattern.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: November 22, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »

:-[ Oops, ignore my common sense violation.

After embark mastiffs seems to be producing puppies pretty fast anyway, so that doesn't seem to create much an issue anyway, plus there are the issues with FPS if one wanted to use the dog horde.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: November 22, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »

:-[ Oops, ignore my common sense violation.

After embark mastiffs seems to be producing puppies pretty fast anyway, so that doesn't seem to create much an issue anyway, plus there are the issues with FPS if one wanted to use the dog horde.
Having a lot of dogs is also good for one's meat industry.

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: November 23, 2012, 04:59:11 am »

so, does anyone know how one can change sprites' pictures manually?

And once again, since there is a poll above, but I couldn't find any information about that, how all the shooting weapons except for crossbow working? My hunter continously trying to pick up axe heads while having a bola thrower in his hands.. Is there any workaround?

And another question - in description of Hall of the Dwarven King, FOuntain of Eternal etc, it says that spending time there trains Nature Magic skill.. But I couldn't find any information about that it is...

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: November 23, 2012, 06:27:14 am »

Does masterwork mod work in adventure mode?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: November 23, 2012, 08:07:14 am »

Hi !

I'm trying Gaia world, and I have some pre-embark questions for you.
I generated 3 times the world, and I activated in the launcher all creatures and races.

• There is always a huge % of badgerman civilizations and great badgerman around, is this because there are a lot of forests in Gaia ? Or I was just unlucky ?
  • Using the embark finder I noticed that Flux Stone is totally missing in the world, is this a choice ? Is it not needed in the long-run game ?
  • What about aquifiers ? Are them (like the rest of the world) designed by you? So are they "well placed" ? Or should I remove them ? In my first game I played with aquifiers and I managed to play fine ... but I'm tempted to remove them in the Gaia game.

Another question, about the "embark anywere" tool, if I embark on a place with a civilization or tower (friendly), is it populated of it's civilzation or it's just deserted ?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:09:48 am by Nokao »

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: November 23, 2012, 09:00:57 am »

Open question: I'm having trouble getting a sericultural operation up and running; has anyone here gotten their silkworms into hives and is willing to share their secrets?

I've tried releasing my worms from their cages around the hives, and despite there being "Install colony into hive" jobs aplenty, my beekeeper doesn't actually put the worms into the hives. Has anyone else had any luck? And if you have, please, go into detail.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: November 23, 2012, 09:19:43 am »

Also, in adventure mode I managed to start as a War Elephant, is that a Masterwork modification or it's normal ??

It was funny to kill a pack of 10 horses starting up just naked ;)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55:40 am »

so, does anyone know how one can change sprites' pictures manually?
If you mean the creature graphics (i.e. Dwarves) those are located in the "raw/graphics" directory.
If you want to change them for a saved game change the "raw/graphics" directory in that save.
You can change them by replacing the files for the creatures you want to change with a different set of creature graphics with their associated text configuration file.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: November 23, 2012, 02:15:10 pm »

Playing adventure mode as a imperial rifleman, get ambushed and shoot a kobold once. As i'm walking towards them, i get shot from out of the blue in the hand, and drop the gun. I then get swarmed by kobolds, who kill me.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: November 23, 2012, 02:30:01 pm »

Anyone mind telling me how in the hell I access the pre-genned maps?

Thanks in advance :D.

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: November 23, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »

how do you people get around with shooting weapons? Even forcing just one hunter to actually hunt is a hell of a job. He constantly picks up/throws down his crossbow and bolts.. And, unlike vanilla DF, he doesn't finish off his game when he's out of bolts - he just cancels the hunt.

By the way, I found a bug: stonetip bolts, made in stoneforge, are unequipable.

And one more thing - it appears, when I try to make vellum out of tanned hide in the tanners' shop game crashes. Tried a few times.
That means = no learning stuff for me.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: November 23, 2012, 03:50:07 pm »

@Noin: Nop, the hunter going back after he has no more bolts is a vanilla thing.
I suggest you don't use bone bolts for hunting, or for anything out of training for that matter, as they tend to only take one stack at a time, and that is only 5 bolts.

As for stonetip bolts, and all other ammo types added by the mod, you need to specify them manually under Military > Ammo > Add new ammo.
they are not counted as bolts and have their specific category (stonetip bolts for that case, but the same for all others).

I know it sounds confusing at first, but once you get a hang off it, it becomes more manageable than the Material stuff, at least it is for me.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: November 23, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »

@Noin: Nop, the hunter going back after he has no more bolts is a vanilla thing.
I suggest you don't use bone bolts for hunting, or for anything out of training for that matter, as they tend to only take one stack at a time, and that is only 5 bolts.

As for stonetip bolts, and all other ammo types added by the mod, you need to specify them manually under Military > Ammo > Add new ammo.
they are not counted as bolts and have their specific category (stonetip bolts for that case, but the same for all others).

I know it sounds confusing at first, but once you get a hang off it, it becomes more manageable than the Material stuff, at least it is for me.

Thank you for your reply!
What about other types of weapons (axe throwers etc.)? Do I need to specify their ammo as well?

And about vellums? Is everyone having this problem?
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 749