Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836625 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7500 on: November 17, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »

@JimmyBobJr: It is also possible that the message was a "job change" message.
When a dwarf gain enough levels in a job for it to be his higher job skill, he will also send a "has become a Miner" (or other similar).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: November 17, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »

What i think happened was a mix up in the insanity code (Or was it intentional  :-\ ) where instead of Bezerking, Melancholy-ing etc, she Whore-ified. Everyone else was Bezerking at the time, so it just seemed a bit to conincidential.

That isn't a thing that can even remotely happen. There's an equal chance of insanity randomly turning your dwarf into a badger, which, while awesome, still isn't happening.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: November 17, 2012, 10:32:28 pm »

Ok, I asked this earlier but got no awnser. I went through a ton of to get all the meterials for a chruch of the dark depths, howver it still says I need 10 bone blocks when I have like 100. Is this a bug of some sort, or do I have the "wrong" kind of bone blocks ( I used the "Construct Bone Blocks (4)" order from the boneyard)?

Help pl0x?

It's bugged currently. It requires bone_brick or similar issue in the raws, instead of Bone_block. If I wasn't neck deep in 'fun', I'd go find it - but check the last 20 pages or so, I've seen it twice and responded to!
Anyone with a fix because im to lazy to dig?? I went into the raws and screwed around quite a bit with the "building_magic" and "building_masterwork" files trying to get it to work, but to no avail.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:36:24 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: November 17, 2012, 11:24:39 pm »

So, I activated the extra plants part of the mod taken and integrated from this mod, and I can't seem to get a bunch of the aboveground plants to work; I dug out some plots for aboveground farms, and even checked other seasons, but I can't seem to grow plants from the seeds that I ebarked with, and only ones that I gathered at my embark site. Does this mean that these plants are tethered to biomes?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:28:35 am by Justyn »

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: November 18, 2012, 02:17:52 am »

So I just installed 1.9.4 after a while of not playing, and for some reason the dark stranglers have access to steel weapons. The ambush they sent to me in the fall consisted ENTIRELY of archers equipped with high grade armor and metal arrows.

That doesn't seem right to me; stranglers should all be squishy wrestlers, shouldn't they?

Is there some option that I might have left on that caused this? I've only messed with the menu settings (turning off aquifers, etc.)
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »

@JimmyBobJr: It is also possible that the message was a "job change" message.
When a dwarf gain enough levels in a job for it to be his higher job skill, he will also send a "has become a Miner" (or other similar).
No, she was already a miner, she turned into a "Stray" miner.
(Well, i call my miners "Diggy" in Dwarf Therapist, so she became a "Stray Diggy")
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:40 am »

So I just installed 1.9.4 after a while of not playing, and for some reason the dark stranglers have access to steel weapons. The ambush they sent to me in the fall consisted ENTIRELY of archers equipped with high grade armor and metal arrows.

That doesn't seem right to me; stranglers should all be squishy wrestlers, shouldn't they?

Is there some option that I might have left on that caused this? I've only messed with the menu settings (turning off aquifers, etc.)

I think there was a change few versions back that made invaders and ambushers a pain in the ass again by giving them better equip. Nowadays even goblins will shred your unlucky conscripts with steel arrows although they still lack armour other then chest pieces.

In short, its again critical to set a cage traps early and secure yourself some sparing partners to make sure your execution squad is able to dodge decently before ambushes and invaders grow in number.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: November 19, 2012, 07:16:04 am »

So, I activated the extra plants part of the mod taken and integrated from this mod, and I can't seem to get a bunch of the aboveground plants to work; I dug out some plots for aboveground farms, and even checked other seasons, but I can't seem to grow plants from the seeds that I ebarked with, and only ones that I gathered at my embark site. Does this mean that these plants are tethered to biomes?
Sounds to me like the surface level that you are trying to cultivate is made of a material that is not soil. Either try a different biome, or try making it muddy.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: November 19, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »

Talking about funny stories with dwarfs, I have one of my own.

I once named my dwarfs after characters from the books I've read or was planning to read. I've named one of my dwarfs Don Quixote, if you don't know who it is look it up. I've put him in the military, he have chosen a wooden sword as a weapon and I didn't noticed it until he grew attached to it. I've never got around to change it and since he got a sladamantine armor he was fine. Then a big attack come over me and killed like 30% of my dwarfs, he was the one who survived. Soon tantrum spiral begun and when he threw a tantrum he begun smashing my windmills. He was a one wicked Knight-errant indeed.

That is 100% true, I shit you not.

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: November 19, 2012, 02:54:55 pm »

Good day to you.
I have a question about tilesets. When I ran MwDF for the first time it was set to Phobeus tileset. Since I like Ironhand waaay more, I closed the game and switched it in the settings. But sprites stayed the same! Is there some issue? Can I, perhaps, change the sprites  manually meself?

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:44 am »

Good day to you.
I have a question about tilesets. When I ran MwDF for the first time it was set to Phobeus tileset. Since I like Ironhand waaay more, I closed the game and switched it in the settings. But sprites stayed the same! Is there some issue? Can I, perhaps, change the sprites  manually meself?

If you generated a world, before switching to ironhand you need to do two things. First go to DF folder then go to raw folder and copy everything in this folder. After that go back to DF folder and got to data/save/region(whatever it's called) and delete everything in the raw folder there and then replace it with what you've copied.

Hope it will help.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:30 am »

Sorry, double post.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

If I recall correctly, certain above-ground plants require certain biomes to grow. I would suggest to read more on the plants and be sure it is either that or you forgot something in the raws.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: November 21, 2012, 08:00:09 am »

If you generated a world, before switching to ironhand you need to do two things. First go to DF folder then go to raw folder and copy everything in this folder. After that go back to DF folder and got to data/save/region(whatever it's called) and delete everything in the raw folder there and then replace it with what you've copied.

Hope it will help.
Nope, I tried to make a world from the scratch, nothing changes. The tiles look like Ironhand (rocks, walls etc.) (though not all of them), but dwarves and all the other creatures look like the ones from the Phobeus tileset.

And one more thing: how do I get my dwarves to use ammo for mechanized axe thrower?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:39:40 pm by Noin »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: November 22, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »

Was looking through my build options, I can't seem to find the blast furnace (or the magma blast furnace) under furnaces or workshops. Is it somewhere else, or am I missing something?

In another point, not considering the embark point cost, do dogs hold any advantages over mastiffs? The latter seems just better.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 749