Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833969 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

You could create additional options for studs at the craftdwarf shop, such as separate reactions for ivory, tooth, shell. Maybe rock or metal. Preferably metal.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a bit odd...

Whenever I try to change something in the settings, it says that my access is denied. In the case of the things like extra buildings, races, creatures, materials, etc., it changes, but when I try to open a utility or an extra it says my access is denied and then says that the system cannot find the file specified.

So, yes. No idea what is wrong. Probably something really obvious.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

war_man333

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

@ashnal: Some wood variations will remain.

@warman333: upload the save, I always want to have a look at crashes. Strand_extraction is the skill you are looking for. Priests are for morals support, and meet with angry/sad dwarves and help them get better.

@bombzero: Close. Book-writing uses the teacher skill, so everyone can do it. But good idea with the religious dudes doing the writing, it fits historically. Sadyl I cant add it, since you can turn libraries and religion ON/OFF independently.

Carts use Mining, Woodcutting and Butchery, since hauling-tokens are labortokens, and I needed skill-tokens for the reaction. Otherwise I would of course use a hauling skill, but they dont exist.

@admiralawesome: Good work. I am curious about how well it performs and cant wait to test it :)

@smakemupagus: Dont know yet. I will add several types of wood, see my tech tree thread. And elves get two metal grade "woods" that you might even melt and reuse. OR wooden ones that you can burn. Must test what is possible.

I managed to upload a save before I fixed it myself.
I'm pretty sure the orcs or trolls caused the crash. The second they came up I killed them with Runesmith.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/region23.rar

I can't guarantee a crash anymore, sorry.

Does anyone know how to build a Stone Smasher? I can't find it.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, I'm an impatient man:

- What are your goals for the next version? (Mayday tileset, different embark races maybe?)
- Do you have any ETA for it?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@smakemupagus: Nice find. Of course they are buggy, only wolfram and and titanium works. I will fix it.

@mitchewawa: It should be an alternative to metal, it should not need metal. But I can make ivory, tooth, horn and so on. Bodyparts. :) But the name of the created leather is always "studded leather" no matter what you use. It is a custom inorganic mat, and not a "improved mat" Maybe I can fiddle aournd with the raws to make it a bit nicer.

@repulsion: If the things are renamed (or the folders renamed) it cant find it. As long as you didnt change anything it should work fine. Anyway, you can just open them manualy, if it really does not work.

@war_man333: I downloaded the save, will have a look. Thanks. Deleting them solved the problem ? I got sieged by orcs, orcs on mounts and orcs with creepers, had no crashes.

Stone Smasher is called Stone Grinder ingame (ups, mixed up the words) and can be found next to the crematory in the furnace menu. It does not need fuel though, so I might move it to the workshops. I put it to the furnaces, because I have a lot of workshops, and less furnaces.

@Ishar: Next version has following:
New tanning, generic wood, timberyard building, humans sell blueprints instead of gear (this way you can  built it yourself and select the material. Before you could only order the stuff, and get it made from a random material) I want to make guns harder to get, hopefully add ascii/ironhand/mayday with admiralawesomes program. I include macros for beginners (easy fortress, first steps and so on) A macro that sets up several military uniform templates, to easier use the new weapons and armor, some new, small features, a lot of balancing and bugfixes and cosmetics (things that look weird, text with caps and so on) Oh yeah, and the different civs have a chance to be hostile to each other. Zombies killing orcs, and Automatons sniping at FrostGiants (who will just ignore it)

- ETA: No clue. A week at minimum, probably more ? I am sitting next to my packed and ready bicycle, cycling 1000km towards the northern coast. Then comes santa marta, 5 days trekking, Cartagena, and then a one week sailing crouse to Panama. I might get delayed in my modding, because of too much fun RL stuff ;) But I check by the forum in between.

I also made a couple of new weapons that use a labor skill instead of a military skill, so you can have a better last-stand militia of craftsmen, before I noticed that it does not even work. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Timberyard looks like this btw:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:02:40 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ilke the fixes, generic materials, and GUI with many options. I propose adding a 'cheating' embark profile with as many DIY tricks as can be reasonably done, for example milk to be made into cheese (cheapest food), lots of 1 unit of animal meat to get many barrels, plants rather than booze to brew your own, some wood, granite, leather, and maybe thread, and most importantly enough ores of copper, tin and coal to make ~30 bronze items shortly after arrival.
I like some new workshops, but mostly those that are fixes for existing issues, like fountain training swimming. I'm not so fond of tech tree, and a lot of additional stuff. In DF sometimes less is more.
Once You have generic wood, leather, less gems and stones, maybe it is time for generic meat and organs and bones too?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds awesome, Meph, keep up the good work!
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Mysterius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having to play with Phoebus restrain me for playing this (seemingly) wonderful mod. I hate graphic packs, i only want simple ascii  :).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

hmm not bad, however one thing id like to point out, bone crafts are also not getting moved in 1.1 cluttering up the craftsdwarfs workshop

confirmed in my fort too.  they're cluttered up with Totems at least.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:10:11 pm by smakemupagus »

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, Im having a problem with this amazing looking mod and all its bells and whistles within.

Everytime I generate a world, it crashes after it finishes and I hit enter. When I goto the error log, it has a bunch of errors looking qiute like this.

Unrecognized entity weapon token: ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_THROWING

Its mostly several throwing weapons and ammo for them. I was wondering if I could obtain some help on overcomming this little issue, so I may enjoy this mod.

Thanks in advanced!

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why were the upgraded brew reactions removed from the latest couple of releases? Paired with a solid farming mod (1200-2400 dur avg) it really made growing your own plants worthwhile when you put in the work.

Was playing around with reactions and added water and sugar requirements to make them just a bit more realistic. Wouldn't mind seeing something along those lines in the mod.

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This new update looks promising..... keep up the good work!
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, this is fantastic. I got so excited working with the new stuff that I forgot to build a military and almost died to an orc siege  :o

Two questions:
 - In the orders queue, some tasks appear multiple times (eg, make steel bars).  Are the different entries different in some way?
  - Is there any guidance on all the new weapons? I'm not sure how to compare bearded axes,e tc.

Thanks!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

possibly as those tasks take multiple items? not sure...

are you doing it at the blast furnace?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not much time, so here some answers and new ideas.

@:bombzero: I think he means the manager

@zeebie: Thanks for the praise ;) The duplicate entries in the manager screen (?) are because you can make steel in different buildings. See crucible and finishing forge, both have a reaction with the same name. The blast furnace makes batch steel (6) from ore or bars as well.

The new weapons are not sooooo different. Almost unnoticable for some. Less penetration, better against armor, more or less slashing... When I do the weaponry and the armory I will add more detail to the manual, till then it is mostly flavor.

@dawnofdarkness and ishar: I will ;) Especially with the feedback I get here 8)

@dragonly: Because the are moving to a new home, the brewery. I added the specific plant/drink reactions and noticed that the sill is quite full. I want to add a bigger, better still called brewery  that upgrades existing drinks, or makes batch drinks. I guess these were the reaction you miss, Royal drink (50) ?  I found it too easy to just make them in the same building, with the same ingredients as normal drinks. Next time, better drinks will be harder to make. If you post the water/sugar, I will see how balanced it is ingame and add it, it is a good (and realistic) idea.

@angel-of-dusk: The errorlog is because you turned throwing weapons OFF in the settings, but I am not sure if this causes the problem. with over 100 Settings I have over 5000 combinations, and I cant test all of it of course. If you found a crash that is settings related I want to see it. I only test ALL:ON, ALL:OFF and my default settings the mod comes with. What changes did you do ? Otherwise, turn throwing weapons back on, and try again, or play with the default settings. (might have to download it again, sry. Maybe I should add a "Default" button ?)

@smakemupagus: Tested it by now, same here. The stockpiles do not accept it, since it is no ANIMAL_MAT, but the generic, inorganic bone mat I added. I will add a fix for it, no problem. I just have to figure out into which stockpile they go then ^^ I know how to do plant and ammo, but havent worked with bone stockpiling. The actual bones are stockpiled correctly though, it is only bone items that lack the stockpiling. Nice little quirks the game develops, when you use generic materials. ^^

@mysterius: In time, ascii (and others) will be aviable. Next version probably. I had some before, but got tired of modding every raw 4 times. Waiting for a nifty little program that does the converting for me ;) (lazy me)

@maklak: I am not very fond of exploits. If you want to cheat, feel free, but I wont include it by default.

Once You have generic wood, leather, less gems and stones, maybe it is time for generic meat and organs and bones too?

I already did that. All animal materials are generic. Cartilages dont work for some reason, and I left the bones as they are, for proper stockpiling. All bone items are generic though. Which of course, generates a problem with stockpiling those... ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bit of work I got done, since I last posted a changelog:
Raised adv. golems price to 10000. One zero was missing before.
Added new tanner reactions.
Added generic wood.
Added timberyard. A building to refine wood, needs a lot of resources to be build.
Fixed [REACTION_CLASS] for chrome/slade/mithril/cobalt
Added the ability to extract silver and gold strands, for fancy clothing.
Added blueprints to humans. Expensive trade objects.
Added weaponry and armory, needs blueprints building mats.
Added blueprints to javeline caster building mats.
Added edible and brewable fungiwood tree bark. Can be split from fungiwood at the timberyard.
Made the brewery building. NO reactions finished as of yet.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 749