Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836072 times)

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7260 on: October 22, 2012, 10:50:46 am »

Hi guys, im new to modding but im going to try and create a sub mod for Masterwork and LFR at the same time using the Voidwalker from LFR.
Im not sure weither to make it souly for Masterworks since it has alot of stuff in it and could be easyer.
BUT
LFR has all the religion done to a spectacular level, i know i might get a Bias view since this is after all the Maskerworks forum page BUT should i make for Masterworks or LFR.
Note i could port some of the things over BUT i will ask for permission.
Thanks guys let me know soon!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:57:39 am by fire1666 »

cobaltness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:31 am »

Hey you guys it hasn't really been a long time since I asked a question, but I'm really desperate. Here are some of my questions:

1. Where's the fish farm? (I can't find it in any of the menus)

2. I still cannot make golems. (I am currenty playing on a fortress where I am being hit wave after wave of constant seigers)

3. For some odd reason I can't build the church of the dark depths (it says I don't have 10 bone blocks. I have well over 30

Number 2 is my biggest problem and would be so grateful if somebody would be able to help.

Thanks                                       p.s. I had 3 golems earlier, but some white tigermen decided to be cheeky bastards brought 9 DRAGONS!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:41:29 am by cobaltness »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7262 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:14 am »

I am working on it, but to answer your questions: Bugs.

Fishfarm / Fishpond naming error in the entity file.
Golems should work, just station one full squad on the workshop when you run the reaction.
Build mat asks for "bone" blocks, while the workshop makes "inorganic_bone" blocks. I fixed the stockpiling for the blocks, broke the buildmats with the same update. It is just me being too hasty, because the latest update is still from on-the-road, while travelling. Now that I am home, I should really put some more work into it.

@fire1666: You can make any plugin you want for MasterworkDF, but ask narhiril about the voidwalkers. They might be vastly overpowered, and I personally think that people would rather play a race they have a conntection too. Voidwalkers sound too badass, Voidwalker Beekeeper... it just doesnt fit, but thats just me.

@cobaltness: station a squad of dwarves on the workshop, you should get better results.

@Dox: Havent checked yet, but I am fairly certain that it is the same stupid mistake again. I fixed the stockpiling for them, but didnt redirect the buildmats to the new material. Again, sorry. I am slowly chipping away at the next update.

@obivonknobi: Maybe a loyality cascade ?

@pikdome: Yes, I have thought about slings, but with crossbows being aviable from the very start, wood, bone, metal... considering that there is simply no reason for a more low tech ranged weapon, because I cant even make it more low tech.

@ivefan: transformed dwarves, mages, all those will still act like normal dwarves. Golems are different though, more like pets, I wanted to avoid these guys to do labor. Otherwise people would transform all their dwarves into golems. I might even reconsider this stance, because historically speaking they were designed to do labor.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: October 22, 2012, 12:02:01 pm »

@fire1666: You can make any plugin you want for MasterworkDF, but ask narhiril about the voidwalkers. They might be vastly overpowered, and I personally think that people would rather play a race they have a conntection too. Voidwalkers sound too badass, Voidwalker Beekeeper... it just doesnt fit, but thats just me.
Trust me they are a bit OP but i think i can work around that possibly, but even narhiril thinks there OP he him self says.
Fear the Void energy Projector.
Basicly i THINK it could be done btu with ALOT of balance and i might have to dsable beekeping along with milking XD
Oh well nvm, thanks anyways but ill see what i can do.
I had a squad of 10 adamantine armoured axe dwarfs at legendary + 5 *ta da danger room* and they got curb stomped by a voidwalker siege LITERALY
I think rember the void walkers leaving afterwards leaving one dwarf with no arms in the field, so I did the most sane thing and the nicest thing possible.
I had him shot for inadaquate combat skills.
TRUST ME they can be nasty but ill do some balance for them tune they downa  bit but i have a gut feeling thats the point of the void walkers possibly?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:08:05 pm by fire1666 »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:53 pm »

Is it possible to use this mod with just the RAWS and without the other complicated stuff that comes close to crashing my dinosaur of a computer? I remember trying to play this once and I couldn't do anything because the tileset was eating up all of my resources.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7265 on: October 22, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »

Sorry to say, but: False. Tilesets dont use more CPU. The entire mod is actually faster then the unmodded game. And for specifically this, I did write this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0

But really, MasterworkDF has higher FPS then the unmodded game.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mo3636

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »

So I started playing this mod recently but when i save my games they dont svae and it is really annoying

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: October 22, 2012, 12:48:21 pm »

@Dox: Havent checked yet, but I am fairly certain that it is the same stupid mistake again. I fixed the stockpiling for them, but didnt redirect the buildmats to the new material. Again, sorry. I am slowly chipping away at the next update.

No rush Meph my man, you're doing a phenomenal job.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7268 on: October 22, 2012, 12:52:45 pm »

@Mo3636: I honestly couldnt say how my modding could have affected how the game saves files. Is this Win, Mac, Linux ? Does the autosave feature work ? Maybe your saves are in the wrong folder...

@DoX: Thanks, but honestly I dont feel like it. If you check, I havent done anything for DF in 6 weeks. Besides looking into the forum now and then. But I think I am slowly getting back in ;)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: October 22, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

I'm trying to make a Great Bifrost Forge. It's asking for five non-economic building bifrost bars.

I've killed ten frost giants, and have ten bifrost bars. I've tried enabling them as a building material in the stone menu. Nothing.

Do I have to process them somehow before I can use them for the forge?
I have made one in my current fort but had the same problem where it was saying I didn't have the bars. You don't need to process them but I think mine were being hauled between stone stockpiles a lot. I think in the end I forbid all the bars through the stocks menu, let the game run for a few seconds then paused it, un-forbid the bars and immediately built the forge so that all the bifrost wasn't tasked for any other jobs.

There is one problem with the bifrost forge at the moment where it auto runs making all stone in to essence containers that are used to clean up after using an aether. I ended up forbidding the forge most of the time until I had aethers or loot bags etc to use, otherwise all my stone got used up. So much flux wasted :( Managed to make Frostbrand though! But my militia commander wielding it with legendary shield and sword skills just got struck down by a floating brain in the third cavern, those guys seem quite strong.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: October 22, 2012, 02:44:54 pm »

I'm trying to make a Great Bifrost Forge. It's asking for five non-economic building bifrost bars.

I've killed ten frost giants, and have ten bifrost bars. I've tried enabling them as a building material in the stone menu. Nothing.

Do I have to process them somehow before I can use them for the forge?
I have made one in my current fort but had the same problem where it was saying I didn't have the bars. You don't need to process them but I think mine were being hauled between stone stockpiles a lot. I think in the end I forbid all the bars through the stocks menu, let the game run for a few seconds then paused it, un-forbid the bars and immediately built the forge so that all the bifrost wasn't tasked for any other jobs.

There is one problem with the bifrost forge at the moment where it auto runs making all stone in to essence containers that are used to clean up after using an aether. I ended up forbidding the forge most of the time until I had aethers or loot bags etc to use, otherwise all my stone got used up. So much flux wasted :( Managed to make Frostbrand though! But my militia commander wielding it with legendary shield and sword skills just got struck down by a floating brain in the third cavern, those guys seem quite strong.
The point at the end also makes the voidwalkers seem BALANCED XD lol.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: October 22, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »

Erm Meph i think you might know about this but i have a few question...
1: Is it possible to make Custom fire and smoke? If so...
2: can you make flamerthrowing natural abbility???
3:with said custom fires and smoke?

cobaltness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: October 22, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Thanks Meph, but for the church of the dark depths should I just change the bone blocks in the raws?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7273 on: October 22, 2012, 03:09:25 pm »

Yeah, just go to building_magic, find the church of the dark dephts, find this line: [BUILD_ITEM:10:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] and delete the ANY_BONE_MATERIAL. You can take any blocks then. Be sure to do it in data/save/yoursavename/

@fire1666:
1.Custom fire and smoke, no. Both are hardcoded and linked to temperature. You can easily creates fire and smoke... just check the bonfire.
2.Flamethrowing natural ability. Sure... check the raws for fire imps, magma crabs and dragons, all easily done with interactions.
3. Kind of. Search my raws for a inogarnic mat called dragonfire. My magmamancers use it, see their raws in creature_standard as well. It is a bit more deadly then normal fire/dragonfire, bit in reality it is only a super-heated inorganic dust. But like plasma.

cobaltness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:28 pm »

I have just tried to create a golem. I have a steel long sword and a steel golem cast. Meph I took your advice and placed a squad of dwarfs on the workshop (golem forge?) and have yielded no results. It is still the same I only get a flash of blinding light and my dwarf comes out the same. I put it on repeat and my dwarf working the golem forge became an apostle of armok. What should I do to get golems? Meph, is there by any chance something you can say about this. Also for the fish farm how do you recommend I change the entity file (I don't want to mess anything up)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:48:25 pm by cobaltness »
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 749