Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836031 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7230 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06:34 pm »

Trying to build a magma metallurgist but it complains about me not having the blocks for it.
The only magma safe non-economic rock i have is basalt which i have a bunch of now but it still wont accept it.

also, it seems my still tends to spill if i use the brew specific drink options. might be when i run out of barrels though.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: October 18, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere in the past 500 pages, but the MDF2(alpha) does not seem to have a GUI to customize the settings included. Is it intended to copy over/patch the latest, previous version, or is it just not packaged with a customizer yet?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »

An issue with one of the Dragons..

One of them died earlier from drowning without a fight and I encountered this one that's drowning as well; during adventure mode... D:
I assume I should disable it's ability to breathe with [NOBREATHE] token.

From previous experience with MW Adventure mode literally everything non-mundane I was tasked to kill somehow managed to kill itself before I could enter its lair, since then I stayed clear of adventuring in this mod.

Trying to build a magma metallurgist but it complains about me not having the blocks for it.
The only magma safe non-economic rock i have is basalt which i have a bunch of now but it still wont accept it.

also, it seems my still tends to spill if i use the brew specific drink options. might be when i run out of barrels though.

Not sure what could be the issue with metallurgist, in 1.9.5 I've build it many times with no problems, while it may sound a bit silly, try to make sure you've actually cut basalt boulders into blocks as I did experience some weird misinterpretation of manager-issued production orders before

Also your still will spill if you use custom reactions, not MWs fault, just a standing bug with DF. You have to use standard Brew Drink reaction to avoid spilling, its still possible to produce specific booze but it requires quite clever stockpile management like making separete stockpiles for each of your main booze ingredients and feeding only one chosen stockpile to still when giving production order.

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere in the past 500 pages, but the MDF2(alpha) does not seem to have a GUI to customize the settings included. Is it intended to copy over/patch the latest, previous version, or is it just not packaged with a customizer yet?

GUI for alpha is WIP, as far as I'm aware of some versions exist but are not included. You would have to ask/await response from someone more versed in alpha.

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 19, 2012, 05:51:15 am »

Could somebody please tell me how to identify carp god cultists? I don't even have my bedrooms ready and they're slaughtering my dwarves.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7234 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:39 am »

Forget it, they shouldnt appear that early. You must have had horrioble luck and one of your embark dwarves is one. Sorry but I dont think you can do anything about it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 19, 2012, 08:19:53 am »

Still, is it possible? I'd like to avoid this happening again.

kääpiö

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: October 19, 2012, 11:56:21 am »

Could you possibly add Mayday's Graphics Set to this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7237 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:54 pm »

You can disable them with the "secret" button in the GUI, or buy a ward of armok/transform a ward into a ward of armok at the temple. This will reveal the carp cult leader, but wont kill him, your army will have to do this. So, yeah, it should be something that happens lategame, not early.

Mayday himself isnt active anymore, and it makes no sense to add his tileset if it wont be updated for the next version (the multitile trees) so I will wait till both DF and his tileset are updated.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:36 pm »

How do you get turrets?
Beside buying or embarking.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 19, 2012, 11:29:34 pm »

You name it, spawning is borked right now, doesnt work properly, so buy the damn things and rain some hell bullets FUN at your enemies!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: October 19, 2012, 11:36:04 pm »

I was playing in aventurer mode earlier, as a beserker necromancer dwarf, and was in the middle of massacering a village so I could bolster my army, when suddenly my right lung tissue and left lung tissue both stopped working.  What is it that causes that?
And when you play beserkers in adventure mode, it isn't showing the hungry/thirsty/drowsy signs at the bottom. 
Lastly, after drinking vampire blood and entering a fort, I was hit with divine light and turned into molten slag.  An it wouldn't let me go down the stairs.  What's up with that? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: October 19, 2012, 11:42:46 pm »

just as a note, meph only designed/tested this mod with fortress mode in mind. adventure mode probably needs work. ( I have never played in that mode myself, So can't help. sorry.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 20, 2012, 10:40:00 am »

Yet another bug occurred. I have over 100 sweet pod and pig tail seeds but they refuse to plant them.
I have 4 fields for each of the basic types where they plant wheat and plump helmets but not the others, so i switched the fields around if maybe the fields were bugged but that didn't help either.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 20, 2012, 12:48:34 pm »

I would check where the seeds are via the stocks menu, as I have managed to use a bag containing something to build my archaeologist's workshop. Or maybe the bag that contains them all is on the move as a hauler is putting seeds in to it and your farmers can't get to the seeds. I have had no farming problems so sounds like it's maybe a problem in your fort somewhere rather than a bug.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 20, 2012, 01:18:01 pm »

Yeah. It worked before i relocated my farms to the first cave layer. All the seeds is in a barrels next to the farm plot and has been there for a few years, but i think that they did plant the seeds on the plot when it was new, a dozen years ago or so.
Not sure how i would "unstuck" the seeds if thats it.
Same thing seems to happen to my scriptorium in my last fort as i was able to write a few empty books and then nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 749