Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833951 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen Fortress Defense races come with other mods too .-. When these mods include the FD races, are they only including the races? Are there some difference from original Fortress Defense mods and mods that come with FD races?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I cant tell you what other mods do with FD. But FD is only races, it adds nothing else, that is the reason it is so easy to add to a mod. no compability problems.

The original one adds 18 races, you can pick them by changing the raws. Nothing else is changed.

I include all 18 races, you can pick them by clicking a button. Nothing else is changed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

Not quite, but almost. They have a custom plant added, with no natural occurence, and the properties of stone.

Ah, didn't see your edit. I suppose that way works too, though!
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant tell you what other mods do with FD. But FD is only races, it adds nothing else, that is the reason it is so easy to add to a mod. no compability problems.

The original one adds 18 races, you can pick them by changing the raws. Nothing else is changed.

I include all 18 races, you can pick them by clicking a button. Nothing else is changed.

Oh, I see... That explains why its so commonly added.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

with the silk thing would CAVERN:YES be the spawning the spiders? or is that just the blobs?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Cavern:Yes adds everything in the creature_cavern_masterwork.txt. That includes Webbers and Spinners, two webbing vermins, that I think are the problem. No testing done though.

I will go and sleep a bit as well, for a change ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok... I tell you what just happened: I went to sleep... was almost asleep. Then jumped up, grabbed the laptop that was on standby, opened the df raw/objects folder, spent less then 1 minute editing the plant_standart.txt and behold:

GENERIC WOOD.

Run a quick test in fortress mode, all trees are still there, but all logs are made of a generic wood material, that can be used exactly like normal wood types. This reduces the list of building materials you have to scroll through extremely. OMG, aweseome. Dont know how I just jumped from A to Z without anything in between, but I will add a new system for wood to the mod. It will be non-optional, and feature the same 3 kind system as leather, 3 different kinds, no more. (plus special ones, like nether cap and similar)

The kinds will be: (names undecided)
Wood (normal)
Fairwood (higher value)
Toughwood/Hardwood/Goodwood (better weapons/armor/ammo)

Plus maybe the Iron/Steelwood I want to add to elves. (this might be a metal though, so you can use their armor, melt it down and so forth)

Anyway, I will fall back into the bed now.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One small thing has been bothering for me for quite a while. I know you're not a native english speaker meph, but can you take note of these please?

First, "standart" as you say it should be "standard" and "treasury" should be "treasure."

Now that that is out of the way, nice job with the generic wood. I've thought of it before, but generally I've liked the flavor and variations of wood. As long as you have some common wood and more valuable wood it'll be fine though. And I totally dig the gem armor idea. Who needs to encrust armor with gems when you can just make armor from gems ...

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He ? You dont seem to know what Graphics on/off means. It only handles the creatures graphics that are added, the custom sprites. If turned OFF, you have characters or tiles.

About the Ascii thing: You can change it from phoebus to ascii, but the tilenumbers are wrong, and everything looks a bit different. I have a Ascii Version lying around, sponsored by "teh zip file" but another user, admiralawesome, is writing a tileset changing program. He uses my mod for testing, and when he is done I will add Ascii, Ascii+ (vherid), Phoebus, Ironhand and Mayday, as optional settings.

Till then, Phoebus it is.

I really hope he finishes that soon.

war_man333

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My game seems to crash after orcs+trolls lay siege to my fortress. I tried exterminating them the second they pop on the screen but regardless, the game still crashes.
It doesn't crash the instant they show up though, it takes a few seconds, then it crashes. There's nothing in the error log.
Any idea how to fix this?  :D You can get my savegame if you want.

Could it be because I've used DFHack?
I've used autodump, fastdwarf, and reveal... it's really tempting to use that crap when it launches along with Dwarf Fortress in the 'settings' program

Oh and one more thing, how do I get my dwarves to pray to Armok? I can't get the Altar or the other Armok building to work, and I got both a priest and a preacher, what am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:29:40 am by war_man333 »

Starhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-SNIP- Answered my own question.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:34:35 am by Starhero »
Dwarf Fortress, a great game with an even better community!

admiralawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... another user, admiralawesome, is writing a tileset changing program. He uses my mod for testing, and when he is done I will add Ascii, Ascii+ (vherid), Phoebus, Ironhand and Mayday, as optional settings.

Till then, Phoebus it is.

I really hope he finishes that soon.
The script is functional now.  I just have to add proper support for command line parameters before it's ready for a public release.  I'm hoping to finish that today.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My game seems to crash after orcs+trolls lay siege to my fortress. I tried exterminating them the second they pop on the screen but regardless, the game still crashes.
It doesn't crash the instant they show up though, it takes a few seconds, then it crashes. There's nothing in the error log.
Any idea how to fix this?  :D You can get my savegame if you want.

Could it be because I've used DFHack?
I've used autodump, fastdwarf, and reveal... it's really tempting to use that crap when it launches along with Dwarf Fortress in the 'settings' program

Oh and one more thing, how do I get my dwarves to pray to Armok? I can't get the Altar or the other Armok building to work, and I got both a priest and a preacher, what am I doing wrong?

strand extraction has been renamed 'apostle of Armok' do the math.
so your priests will write your books, pray to Armok, and extract from adamantine, quite fitting the new skill name i think.

alchemy is for... alchemy. and wheelbarrows utilize the hauling labor corresponding to the item hauled.
i may have missed soem but im still figuring some stuff out myself.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

GENERIC WOOD.

Interesting.  Are you thinking that you would leave the cavern trees unique but make the topside trees generic?

re: materials for the elves' armor: I liked the idea of being able to burn the elves' armor for ash

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@ashnal: Some wood variations will remain.

@warman333: upload the save, I always want to have a look at crashes. Strand_extraction is the skill you are looking for. Priests are for morals support, and meet with angry/sad dwarves and help them get better.

@bombzero: Close. Book-writing uses the teacher skill, so everyone can do it. But good idea with the religious dudes doing the writing, it fits historically. Sadyl I cant add it, since you can turn libraries and religion ON/OFF independently.

Carts use Mining, Woodcutting and Butchery, since hauling-tokens are labortokens, and I needed skill-tokens for the reaction. Otherwise I would of course use a hauling skill, but they dont exist.

@admiralawesome: Good work. I am curious about how well it performs and cant wait to test it :)

@smakemupagus: Dont know yet. I will add several types of wood, see my tech tree thread. And elves get two metal grade "woods" that you might even melt and reuse. OR wooden ones that you can burn. Must test what is possible.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 749