Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835901 times)

PierceElliot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7170 on: October 11, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

why wouldn't you just build a stone anvil?

Are you aware of how many lives have been lost because this knowledge was never properly documented? That's right, I'm blaming someone else for my mistakes. Here's a bridge, now get over it. He's a straw, now suck it up. Here's a full cup, now shut the fullcup.

In all seriousness though. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:45:55 am by PierceElliot »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: October 11, 2012, 09:57:51 am »

why wouldn't you just build a stone anvil?

Are you aware of how many lives have been lost because this knowledge was never properly documented? That's right, I'm blaming someone else for my mistakes. Here's a bridge, now get over it. He's a straw, now suck it up. Here's a full cup, now shut the fullcup.

In all seriousness though. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.
In addition to crafting stone anvils at stonecutter's workshop you can also use a smelter to form metal anvils. (instead of needing a forge)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:02:44 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: October 11, 2012, 12:33:12 pm »

Just started up a game with this mod and like it so far, but how to import gems?
Also, How to write essays/tomes? I can make book & textbooks but the rest is marked red.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:06:24 pm by Ivefan »

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

Did the mind-flayers get fixed in worldgen?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:39 am »

Did the mind-flayers get fixed in worldgen?
Meph tried something but it didn't work for some people, so they were defaulted turned off.

We successfully used them in the test fort. It took a  few tries to get through world gen though.

@stone anvil talk.

I think losing a fortress due to lack of alternative anvil knowledge is a masterwork rite-of-passage ;) Everyone *knows* anvils can only be made from other anvils, and the first anvil was handed up to the dwarfs by the hand of armok directly back in the legendary days of the first forge. To teach otherwise is blasphemy.

I think stone anvils need to be nerfed somehow. you shouldn't be able to use them for the stronger metals or something, but I don't know if that is even possible.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:57:22 am by zenerbufen »

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #7175 on: October 12, 2012, 06:02:08 am »

Fast question!

7 year of my fortress. ONE WAVE OF IMMIGRANTS, NO TRADE CARAVAN, NO LIASON, NO SIEGES, Surroundings Neutral-Neutral, Depot Avaliable, Wealth 11117, Pop Cap 500, Child Cap 40.

Still my fortress is diying of a dwarvens shortage!

help!... i menan... HELP FOR ARMOK SAKE!!
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: October 12, 2012, 06:42:03 am »

I'd imagine the same reasons as in vanilla. Dwarven civilisation has been wiped out, although you should still get the first two hardcoded immigration waves. Or you're on an island and nobody can reach you which may sound more likely if you haven't had any sieges by now. You could copy your DF folder and check legends to see if all the dwarf civs were wiped out. Sucks when you only find this out after you've built a fortress though   :'(

Although I haven't really had many aboveground sieges in MW either, one warlock siege, a few automaton and warlock ambushes, one goblin ambush of six goblins this year and that is it after around five years. Had loads of underground sieges, although those were mostly ignored until I had an awesome military in plate gear who have torn apart several antmen sieges now.

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #7177 on: October 12, 2012, 07:38:50 am »

I couldn`t read leyends.. its too strange, i checked civilizations but could not find out how to read that, and don`t found anything that says about Dwarvens wiping out... my fault tho
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:39:56 am by McClaude »
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:21 am »

I think stone anvils need to be nerfed somehow. you shouldn't be able to use them for the stronger metals or something, but I don't know if that is even possible.

One major change could be altering their properties to NOT be fire-safe/magma safe, and restricting the bigger buildings to need proper metal anvils. Mithril forge, great magma forge... does the metallurgist need any anvils now? Kicking all alloy-making in the balls with the need of a real anvil should do the trick.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Imminent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: October 12, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

How do you obtain rough gems if you have the simple stones option turned on?

One of my moody dwarves demands rough gems, but there are only about 4-5 stone layer types, and none of them seem to be able to produce rough gems. Using reveal on DF hack shows that there are no gem yielding walls in the entire map.

Scrangos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: October 12, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »

A workaround is making glass rough gems.

Not sure if this is fixed but I'm getting large gems when trying to make wicker crafts.

Solarion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:14 pm »

Does Masterwork also edit the occurrence of royalty? Because I just became a mountainhome, and along with the king came thirty dwarves with the title of 'lord'. I can't find this title in the DF wiki, but the seem to have no demands, are not lazy, but they can pose mandates (suddenly! 30 mandates! *sigh*)...Also, I now have a couple of dwarves with somewhat unusual titles, such as 'exalted abyss' which can also make mandates but don't show up in the nobles screen. What gives?

Also, is it intended when setting up a guardian of Armok at a spawn location that it just creates gas that boils off harmlessly?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:23:11 pm by Solarion »

Sarthor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: October 13, 2012, 02:38:56 am »

Am now over 10 years into my first MW fortress. Great mod and thanks so much for creating it. Just wanted to post some feedback (v1.9.5)

The scriptorium seems to be broken. See my reply to Ivefan below. It would also be nice if the pages, essays and tomes were classed as books and not tools. Would really help in stockpile management.

The Great Magma Forge. Seems an odd way to have done things in that all items are made directly from raw ingredients. If you melt down volcanic items you end up with volcanic bars which you can't make anything out of. It would make more sense to add a smelting reaction to the forge to make bars and then use those to make the items.

Volcanic is not a material option available when setting up military uniforms.

Some magma buildings do not have any blocked tiles meaning there is an open magma pit for dwarves to fall into. It also causes some confusion about where you should dig the pit so that the workshop has magma access.

Some children have some labors enabled. I queue up items to be created and my legendary crafters sit around because a 3 year old decides to pitch in. They can be turned off by the Dwarf Therapist cheat mode or you can restrict the workshops to specific dwarves, but still..

Slade Clothing. It's worn by invaders from time to time. The invader gets killed and a dwarf likes the look of it and puts it on. Cue the dwarf moving at a fraction of his normal speed and short of using DFhack to unassign everyone's clothing or putting him in the military, I know of no way to get it off of him until it wears out.

Few other problems that I can't remember right now but overall I really like what's been done.

@Ivefan I had the same problem with the scriptorium not being able to write essays or tomes. They did become available to make early on. Looking through the raws there was some sort of tool involved in the process that had no name and sure enough my stocks included some items called '  tool'. These were quickly used up and then I could not write anything else. Nor could I find any way to make more. So I edited the raws to remove components from writing essays. It works, however writing a single essay now creates 750 in a single go. I can probably fix that by adding a reagent like a log.
There is also the problem with the new hauling changes that if you need an item in a bin and some dwarf picks the bin up to haul something, that item is now unavailable until the bin is returned..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:50:23 am by Sarthor »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: October 13, 2012, 05:31:24 am »

A moody dwarf (possession mores the pity) just made a bone meteor hammer; should I be looking to give it to a military dwarf or put it on display as useless?  *a little confused*
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

PierceElliot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:38 am »

Slade Clothing. It's worn by invaders from time to time. The invader gets killed and a dwarf likes the look of it and puts it on. Cue the dwarf moving at a fraction of his normal speed and short of using DFhack to unassign everyone's clothing or putting him in the military, I know of no way to get it off of him until it wears out.

Yeah one of my dwarves I have scouting the valley I'm in (Who wear Leather armor, Padded Armor, and mail armor so as to keep light but still have some protection.) picked up slade clothing from some invader (Which was the shortest siege ever, two ballista bolts and then they fled.) he eventually turned into target practice for some ambush because I didn't realize he had slade clothing until I tried to get that scouting force to flee and he was just slowly chugging along. Poor Urist McTarget always made bad decisions.
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 749