Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833952 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Logged in to post a couple small comments, like about burning skulls having pancreas, but looks like you caught most of them already.  There is some strange mixing between the Economic and Other stones.  Eg. Raw mithril and raw adamantine is Other, but gabbro and Basalt are Economic?  I don't remember how raw adamantine was in vanilla but I assumed it was economic.

I don't think a sling is really needed.  You can make a Bowyer and wood bolts immediately on embark, and Stone-tipped bolts from the stonecutter.  (... Did you incorporate the fix that treated Stone-tipped bolts as "wooden" material so that they can go in ammo stockpiles?) 

Thanks for posting about Macros.  Wow.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph: Did I see something about making weapons and armor from gems in the Genesis thread? Sounds pretty damn awesome. Not sure but I could have sworn I suggested that to someone at some point, maybe it was Deon since I can't find it in this thread ...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

edit.  Did you do something about spiders in caves?  both my 1st and 2nd caverns are just coated top to bottom in webs.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:46:45 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I have the epic web-caverns as well. I guess it is the addition of several webbing vermin. They never get killed by random world-gen creatures, so they live forever and spam webs.

Did you incorporate the fix that treated Stone-tipped bolts as "wooden" material so that they can go in ammo stockpiles?

What fix ? Tell me :)

@ashnal: Yes, I have all kinds of gem warfare ;) 3 types of quality, linked to the value of the gem. Currently I only have the problem that fossils are also accepted. You can make a treasury chest breastplate, what makes no sense. But I know how to fix that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

about stone bolts, is the way the Stonecutter was originally designed, the bolts' material was considered stone, and then ammo stockpiles don't accept them properly.  The bolts would build up as clutter and you had to deconstruct the workshop to get them out at all.  The fix was to make the bolts to be considered "wood".  If i understood correctly it was about getting the material type for the product to come from the wood reagent instead of the stone reagent.

I can't tell how it works right now in your mod because as I was in the middle of testing it i broke into a spire.  Praise the miners my @$$, lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:49:34 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Wouldnt that defeat the purpose of stonebolts ? They would be the same as wooden bolts, just more expensive to make. If they ignore the stone material (which might be heavier, sharper, whatever) and just rely on the wood, they use the wooden material (which is lighter and not as sharp) for the attack.

Fix:    [PRODUCT:100:50:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS:PLANT_MAT:ROCKTIP:WOOD]
My version:    [PRODUCT:100:50:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS_ROCKTIP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Seems you are right, deon applied some kind of patch. Hope I am wrong about the attack rating though.

EDIT: Aha... he uses a fake plant mat that is as strong as rock for this.
Here the code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:53:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

That's not how it works - they use a custom material that has the properties of stone with the [WOOD] token (I think) added, so they can be stockpiled properly.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not quite, but almost. They have a custom plant added, with no natural occurence, and the properties of stone.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Cool, glad you were able to figure it out, that I didn't lead you too far wrong
".. likes Rocktip for its sharpiness"  8)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

If you wouldnt have mentioned it, I wouldnt have found out about it, so, yeah, thanks :)

Updated list:

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silk industry can be a ridiculously lucrative business for a dwarven fort. collecting the rare webs down in the caverns and processing them into fine goods to sell to the world. buying whole caravans with one bin on cloth...

just one little problem

kind of removes the 'rare' part of silk dont it?

off topic, sometimes i think DF is psychic, this artifact was made after i spent an hour cleaning up after some stupid fire griefer i banned on my minecraft server... fucking RNG...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:45:47 pm by bombzero »

Rotinaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really want to play, but I can't seem to disable graphics. All the other options seem to work fine, but toggling graphics between on and off doesn't seem to have a result. Any help would be appreciated.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really want to play, but I can't seem to disable graphics. All the other options seem to work fine, but toggling graphics between on and off doesn't seem to have a result. Any help would be appreciated.

if you prefer ASCII or have a small monitor than youll have to wait as the current version is phoebus only, kind of sucks for people who cant/dont want to run with phoebus but meph has forgone textures for a update right now.

Rotinaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A mod not compatible with ASCII? Isn't that a little backwards?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

He ? You dont seem to know what Graphics on/off means. It only handles the creatures graphics that are added, the custom sprites. If turned OFF, you have characters or tiles.

About the Ascii thing: You can change it from phoebus to ascii, but the tilenumbers are wrong, and everything looks a bit different. I have a Ascii Version lying around, sponsored by "teh zip file" but another user, admiralawesome, is writing a tileset changing program. He uses my mod for testing, and when he is done I will add Ascii, Ascii+ (vherid), Phoebus, Ironhand and Mayday, as optional settings.

Till then, Phoebus it is.

@bombzero: about the silk: See my post:
I have the epic web-caverns as well. I guess it is the addition of several webbing vermin. They never get killed by random world-gen creatures, so they live forever and spam webs.
I will work on the vermin and the Flora Fauna creatures... giving them generic materials, sprites and reducing the count, so the (boring) (real-world) animals dont spam out all the (interesting) (fantastic) monsters.

These are the culprits:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:33:07 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 749