Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835844 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7035 on: September 27, 2012, 08:19:36 am »

Yes, you can. But previsouly you should have seen some hints in the combat logs. Build a temple, get a armoks ward/ward of armok, it can unveil the cult master. Again, sorry for the missing documentation on it, next manual has it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: September 27, 2012, 11:08:39 am »

How do I crack open medical supply crates and bar crates? I tried just building with their materials (say, having a crate of copper bars, and trying to make a copper pickaxe at the forge), but it says I don't have any.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:12 am »

Also, more like 250% faster, atleast on this computer. nice job :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7038 on: September 27, 2012, 11:39:31 am »

Build a storage unit :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

schiad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: September 27, 2012, 07:41:44 pm »

i cant seem to make any ink with the scriptorium.  the ash, blood, and graphite is used up and is left with an empty jug after the reaction is over.

EDIT: after looking at the reaction, the reaction for making ink looks correct, but the inorganic:ink in the item raw seems to be missing a melting point.  not sure if that would fix it if a melting point was added.  I dont think it can be a liquid without a melting point but i'm not positive.

EDIT2: there seems to be a huge list of materials for making armor and weapons on the forge, i'm guessing that a lot of the newer metals are designed to be made into alloys? is it possible to remove the [item_hard] and [item_weapon]tag from some of the not so strong metals like chrome, gold and gold alloys, silver and silver alloys, electrums, pewters, etc? This should dramatically clear up a ton of spam on the forge so i dont have to scroll through 3 pages of junk alloys to make a copper gauntlet.  Although rose gold armor and stuff would be cool, seeing a siege wearing silly combinations of equipment like rose gold swords and zinc breast plates is just silly and seriously limits their deadliness.  Although all of them would be taken care of by just melting them, having a ton of weird armor types really adds up a lot of clutter to the stocks screen.

also, i noticed that a lot of the buildings have their own forge weapon/armor thing, you could probably streamline a ton of your reactions by just letting the forge handle the creation of weapons/armors for all metal bar type objects.  Adding [barred] tag to weapon/armor will allow the vanilla craftdork workshop to make bone stuff, which should free up a lot of the boneyard clutter.

I do love the grind meat option for the kitchen, could something similar be done with fishes?  Perhaps process all fishes into fish paste to clear up even more junk?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:57:08 pm by schiad »

uberlalzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: September 28, 2012, 01:02:41 am »

I can't be entirely sure but i think something may be destroying the stats of my dwarves (STR AGI) because i'm pretty sure they weren't unfathomably weak and incredibly clumsy when the arrived of course the game gives me no clue as to why this is happening.

Solarion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: September 28, 2012, 01:48:38 am »

Hi. I'm not sure whether this was answered before (sorry if it was, couldn't find it with the search function), but the military equip screen still has insanely long lists of materials when selecting cloth or leather armour. Also, the generic, unspecified leathers (tough, studded, lamellar, etc.) seem to be in there multiple times, leading to confusion which is the correct one.

Is this intended, and if not, is it fixable?

Shaft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: September 28, 2012, 03:55:28 pm »

Hi, first I would like to thank you and the MW team for developing and maintaining this awesome mod!

I've been playing the alpha version of MW2 and I really like the changes. I've made a minor modification/fix in the custom furnaces raw to include some impassable blocks in the magma buildings that didn't had one. This is useful for placing the blocking tiles in the magma tile, so monster that are in the magma can't go up to the workshop area. Hope this helps, and thanks again for all the hard work.

The modified building_masterwork_furnace.txt: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1ful0p68e5owafc

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: September 28, 2012, 07:54:03 pm »

I'm really enjoying this mod so far, I don't think I can go back to vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

I'm playing 1.9.5 and there's a few bugs that I've experienced (that you're probably already aware of). Like warlocks fighting their own undead minions, boiling leather leaving behind a useless pot filled with a generic liquid, golem repairs not working, and producing vellum from the tanner crashing my game.

Should I be playing with the Alpha? Or should I just wait until the workshops and reactions are all finished for the next release?

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: September 28, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »

Maybe I'm out of line, but I'd say stay with 1.9.5 unless your looking to really help test the new redesign.  I just switched today myself and I couldn't even find the GUI (on the GUI fixed download), so Alpha is certainly not bundled for release yet.  It's playable, but I'm worried I don't understand what is missing or not.  (Fire clay is back?, marble graphics changed back?, I could only embark with pig tail, sweet pods, and dimple dye seeds and no other seeds nor any plants?)

On the other hand, 1.9.5 just had my best fort ever with amazing multiple industries running and smooth organization (now that I got a great collection of dfhack workflow commands) with very few bug issues to find.  It certainly feels like a complete game and not just a test version.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

schiad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »

not sure if this is suppose to happen, but it seems that the dorf caravan was carrying a bag full of magma? and that caused their entire everything to burn.

A similar reaction happened when i did the make warpstone powder reaction in the chemistry shop.it made a bag of magma instead of the warpstone so i think it might be related?  I have the harder mining turned off, so i think that may have something to do with it.

Shaft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: September 28, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »

Bug report: The Grind Boulders to sand reaction is not working properly. It don't use any boulders in the reaction(they're not even taken to the workshop), so it effectively gives free sand.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: September 29, 2012, 04:12:26 am »

Bug report: The Grind Boulders to sand reaction is not working properly. It don't use any boulders in the reaction(they're not even taken to the workshop), so it effectively gives free sand.

Beach party!
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: September 29, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

Just started playing with Masterwork (1.9.5) and still fumbling my way around.

Am I missing something?  I'm finding it very difficult to tell the difference between exceptional and masterwork items.  Enjoying it otherwise.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: September 29, 2012, 11:54:23 am »

You need to read the description most of the times to tell the difference between masterwork and exceptional item.

I don't really care about furniture and stuff (unless its for throne room) but as for weapons and armour I always make separate stockpile for masterwork and artifact quality
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 749