Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836112 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #6900 on: September 18, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

A sea lamprey

Not a vermin, even in vanilla, it lacks VERMIN_FISH or etc.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Sea_lamprey

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: September 18, 2012, 05:25:10 pm »

I know, I checked the wiki, but it doesn't appear as a unit.
Sometimes, my dwarves fish sea lampreys, and this one has the same tiles as the vermin ones that swim in the rivers (it's { I believe).
The most interesting is that it was affected by the biome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6902 on: September 18, 2012, 06:50:41 pm »

Mh... very curious. 160 downloads, no bugreports. Yes, there is not much in there, and big parts are unfinished, but I expected more. The double body description is barely an issue, and the tree frequency will be lowered for good/evil/savage versions, currently every plant/tree has 100, default number. I will leave the alpha up a few days more, then do some more work on it, lets see if anything turns up in the meantime.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 18, 2012, 11:50:29 pm »

running into problems getting settings to even start.  says its a .py file, presumably python. 

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 19, 2012, 12:10:31 am »

running into problems getting settings to even start.  says its a .py file, presumably python.
Yes you need Python3 to run it.
We will be compiling the GUI into a executable so you won't need Python installed to use it once the GUI is out of the alpha stage.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:12:25 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:24 am »

Indeed Meph, never ran into anything strange!
I'm still playing, so if I find something, I'll tell you.
Anyway, good job, first time I see an alpha without real bugs!

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:56 am »

I was happily playing masterwork and I came across 2 things in my young fortress.
1) Xen Infectors. I dont know what they are but they seem dangerous. (I want to know what they are)
2) An acolyte of the carp god thingy. It said i was screwed and its too late. Is it really? Because Ill be (sort of) sad.

EDIT: The acolyte single handedly killed all my dwarves. -.- (I also now know that I AM screwed)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:19:35 am by Purgatory »
Signature Is Here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6907 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

@Purgatory: Please, was that the Alpha? Otherwise that sounds perfectly normal, but the cult shouldnt be in the alpha yet. You had no military, right?

Just got a random idea, maybe I could use the soapmaker profession as chemist. I dont want to use alchemy for everything, and this way I would have a chemist and an alchemist. the soapmaking is in the chemistry lab anyway. :) To bad I can only rename the profession, and not the labor itself.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:05:54 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:32 am »

Im playing this one > http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5315 . Im too nooby to know whats what :(.
Signature Is Here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6909 on: September 19, 2012, 04:15:03 am »

Ah, perfect, thank you. When you look at the first post, you will see a new downloadlink above the others, stating in very big letter: ALPHA. The other version are older, I plan a lot of changes. I hope dying to the cult was at least a bit fun, and it did not appear too early in the game.

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:12 am »

For me, it was a bit early, but at least it was fun (both types of fun). Also, is there supposed to be a ward or something for it?
Signature Is Here.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: September 19, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

Is there a way to duplicate the blue prints for armories and such? It seems a little weird what with the scriptorium there and all that my dwarves can't copy the blue prints instead of blasting themselves in the face with incendiary vapors all over again.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:35 am »

Even though i am late i give this  a 10/10 very great job  8)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 19, 2012, 07:31:11 am »

Mh... very curious. 160 downloads, no bugreports. Yes, there is not much in there, and big parts are unfinished, but I expected more. The double body description is barely an issue, and the tree frequency will be lowered for good/evil/savage versions, currently every plant/tree has 100, default number. I will leave the alpha up a few days more, then do some more work on it, lets see if anything turns up in the meantime.

Well there were a couple of things in the succession game:
- Drow dominate worldgen, they have settlements EVERYWHERE. Balance issue maybe.
- There are stones and ores that should be vanilla only (microcline and things like that)
- Huge veins of supposedly rare minerals (mithril, anthracite) - comparable to hematite supply.

That fort uses the default settings, no tinkering with options.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6914 on: September 19, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

thanks ishar. Will be rebalanced. :)
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 749