Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836002 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6765 on: September 06, 2012, 11:08:30 pm »

I think the 'tree' types in the tab are the plant-trees from Flora & Fauna, anyway, like olives and mangos , not wood trees.  could be mistaken on that one.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: September 06, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »

OK, I don't even begin to understand what just happened.

I'd started having trouble with the orcs. the regular Mastercraft ones, rather than the Taiga type. They have seem sending horrendously well trained teams of ninja (Actually Berserker Master Sneaks) into my fort. Trap avoiding, door opening lunatics, who will leap out of the shadows and behead a dwarf in a single strike without warning. They're a bit of a problem.

Well then, I thought. Lets give them something else to leap out on. It's time to build some decoy dwarves. So I had my stonemason whip up a few decoys, and built a couple of spawn points near my front door to set them up on.

And that's when things got weird:

Akrul Ullungcilob, Miner has transformed into a dwarf busy with setting up a creature!
Akrul Ullungcilob, Dwarf Busy With Setting Up A Creature Miner cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Too injured.
The Berserker Master sneak has become enraged!
The Stray war Dog is caught in a burst of constructor gas!
The Stray war Dog is caught in a cloud of constructor gas!
The Stray war Dog is caught in a burst of constructor gas!
Nako Ogurzongsmo, Berserker Master sneak is no longer enraged.
The Berserker Master sneak has become enraged!
Nako Ogurzongsmo, Berserker Master sneak is no longer enraged.
Akrul Ullungcilob, Dwarf Busy With Setting Up A Creature Miner has transformed into a dwarf!
The Stray war Dog charges at The Akrul Ullungcilob's mechanical kit!
The Stray war Dog bites The Akrul Ullungcilob's mechanical kit in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Stray war Dog collides with The Akrul Ullungcilob's mechanical kit!
The Akrul Ullungcilob's mechanical kit is knocked over and tumbles backward!
Akrul Ullungcilob, Miner cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Item inaccessible.

So, first up, poor Akrul is, herself, transformed into some sort of other creature, and is on my animal list rather than my dwarf one. She immediately drops everything she's carrying, including all her clothes.
Then there's an explosion.
"Akrul Ullungcilob, Dwarf Busy With Setting Up A Creature Miner" appears terribly injured, telling me that "It's mechanical kit is missing.". The mechanical kit is a few squares away, I think blown off in the explosion. She fiddles around with the spawn point briefly, then my guard dogs leap into action and bite "The Akrul Ullungcilob's mechanical kit"'s head off, making a terrible mess.
Luckily, it seems unrelated to Akrul Ullungcilob herself, who has also reappeared. She is now eight years old. She is seriously unhappy.
Of the decoy there is no sign, unless that was the creature my dog bit the head off. The chap he was supposed to distract, Nako Ogurzongsmo, Berserker Master Sneak, continues to rage stealthily somewhere.

I tried again. This time I do it away from my dogs, but the end result is the same.

Luckily I only saved recently. It appears that the spawn point system looks like it has the capability to ruin the dwarf who uses it. Bit of a shame as I just picked up some treant seeds of the traders. Not sure how I'm going to deal with these darn ninja without sealing myself off from the merchants.

Edit: Aha, wait. I see. That mechanical kit starts undergoing a transformation, eventually turning into the decoy. One of it's intermediate states in the process must not be marked as friendly, so the dogs attacked it.

Still, ended up with my legendary miner, Akrul, horribly peculiarised. As a child, she's now unwilling to do anything other than harvest plants and haul.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:49:05 pm by Arkenor »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: September 06, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »

The transformation effect, including the mechanical kit falling off, is more or less working as intended; that is the way spawn points work, which is rather non-intuitive and from a "technical" point of view involves necromancy of some kind. 

The war dogs biting the mechanical kit before it has a chance to be "raised from the dead" as a decoy is a bug, which I am pretty sure Meph knows about, I don't know whether he has a fix for it in mind though.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »

I think I understand now. I guess I could use the manager system to make sure only the same poor dwarf uses the spawn point. Oh wait, if they get turned into a child, you probably can't get the same one to do it again.

edit: OK, that seems to work, though Akrul seems entirely unwilling to actually mine any more. I guess I'll restart and pick some poor cheesemaker to deal with all this going forward.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:00:33 am by Arkenor »

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 07, 2012, 02:10:53 am »

One more tip. Don't use someone who is carrying a baby.

My waxworker kindly volunteered to take on spawn generator duty. However, upon using the building, it was her baby who transformed. Thinking her job was done, she wandered back into the fort, still carrying the now transformed baby, who exploded just as they were passing my bonecrafting studio, where a strange-mooding bonecrafter worked feverishly. This has placed another mechanical kit nearby, but rather than raising that into a decoy, it instead raised the bones that were being worked on. After a brief period of uncertainty in which the town guard were called, it eventually constructed itself into a decoy. The decoy was well-behaved, but it was accompanied by a less friendly animated bone, though it takes more than a single bone to put fear into the Jade Riddle guards!

So:

Don't operate while carrying a baby.
Don't do this with any raiseable remains nearby.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:18:18 am by Arkenor »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 07, 2012, 02:13:19 am »

Exploding babies have now been weaponized. Our refuse pile just killed an Orcish siege.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: September 07, 2012, 02:53:18 am »

Does your golem transformation work as intended, Meph?

I tried this:
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MORPHSTONE_DEMON]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL:dark magic]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL:dark magic]
[MELTING_POINT:9000]
[BOILING_POINT:905]
     [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:golem]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:wolf:MALE]
[MELTING_POINT:9000]
[BOILING_POINT:905]
[SOLID_DENSITY:55520]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
and it does not change dwarves into wolves. Is there something I am missing here?

P.S. Nevermind, it was my bad. I have "dwarf", not "DWARF" creature.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:24:10 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 07, 2012, 03:35:02 am »

Hmm, i've copied it too and it works for me (well, with ~50% success as these stone reactions tend to do).

Is it possible "wolf" vs. "WOLF" is case sensitive?

Do you have [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE] defined?

edit, oops, didn't see you ninja answered yourself :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:36:38 am by smakemupagus »

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:11 am »

Hey guys, reading back a few pages I saw how Meph was linking some building functions to DFHack commands and it gave me an idea.

I sometimes use the reveal command in DFHack to find stuff but I think of it is cheating so I like to avoid it if at all possible. In old ASCII games I used to play like Moria and later Angband they would have spells like Detect Treasure, Detect Monsters etc that would reveal certain types of things within a certain radius of the character (basically it was a D&D game similar to the DF adventure mode).

How about something like that if fortress mode? Would it be possible to do a spell via DFHack to reveal, say, all the gems within a certain radius of the building? All the ore nearby for a certain period of time maybe?

This could let you use some of the DFHack functions without it feeling too much like cheating. 

darkrabite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:28 am »

Dffd has been down every time i try to snag the newest version of Masterwork. Is there a mirror somewhere?

thanks ;)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: September 07, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »

Meph, was the bug where obsidian has no cutting edge ever fixed? If it wasn't, I would give it the cutting strength of glass.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:07 pm »

link to description of bug?  was this a MWDF or Vanilla bug? 

in MWDF1.9.5 it has [MAX_EDGE:20000], same as vanilla.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: September 07, 2012, 08:55:42 pm »

link to description of bug?  was this a MWDF or Vanilla bug? 

in MWDF1.9.5 it has [MAX_EDGE:20000], same as vanilla.

It's a vanilla bug, and I think Urist Da Vinci could tell you which one.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:10 am »

@arc, roses

I've got the fonts working, but I'm having encoding issues of my own. I can't use either .ui file (my own, or arcs) without encoding-related crashes. I'm working on a way to solve all our encoding-related woes once and for all, since we can't expect users/mod authors to worry about such a trivial thing as txt file encoding.

I'm hoping I'll have another beta release of the gui soon, including the work everyone has contributed so far.

MYSTICBADGER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
screensize problem
« Reply #6779 on: September 08, 2012, 09:12:36 am »

Ok, quite a lot of time since I played (version 1.5 I think) and I've forgotten a lot. My (only for now) problem is the screen appareance.
I explain myself : I play on my EEEPC (1024x600). It would work well but last year my elder boy has nearly broken my PC, and a third of the screen does'nt work anymore (to the right).
So I play in windowed mode, but when I resize the window, the size of the text is way too small.

I remember back in the days I played, with DF and mwdf, I was able to play with a reasonable screen size. I think it was a tweak in the init files but I can't remember it.

Could someone help me ?
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 749