Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835938 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6675 on: September 02, 2012, 10:14:41 am »

I dont know why your dwarves drink in the still
That happens to me all the time until I have several hundred barrels of alcohol.
I think it happens because you have about the same number of barrels as dwarves who are thirsty so they have to drink the one in the still.
They may also prefer higher value booze since I always catch my brewers sneaking a little bloodwine from the barrel before the other dwarves swarm the still.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:38 am »

@random experiement: Yeah, someone uses it :) I want to make it even more random and add it to the temple next version, because the research lab will be removed.

I once got an "Untranslated Dwarven Rune Greataxe". Was worth like 100k dwarfbucks...

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: September 02, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »

Is InkMans ink intentionally deadly? Weird question but strange things has been happening to my fort located in neutral savage part of the map.

There was a single wild Ink Man in the wild some time ago and he tried shooting some of his ink at my newly arrived immigrants, for some reason his ink was frozen in projectile form, he missed all of his shots but some of them landed on the 1 tile wide bridge that was leading to my fort. Nothing scary happened at this point.

As seasons changed Ink Man went away but his projectiles melted and left a puddles on my bridge. Before next caravan arrived I had placed some traps just behind the bridge and when elves came I just saw my dwarves rush to the trap line to pick up a caravans worth of free stuff as all of the elves were dead, no combat log whatsoever.

Other caravans came, results varied, but most of the time at least one of the traders ended up dead, my dwarves were safe up to this point. Finally a Mountainhome guys came so I watched them carefully, they crossed the bridge, then the traps, unloaded their goods... no causalities. I was finally able to trade and didn't want to miss the chance, sold a bunch of stuff, bought some.
Finally the caravan packed up and was on their way to leave the map when one of the traders dropped dead. My greedy dwarves didn't wait even 5 frames before rushing to collect free loot, put the stuff in stockpiles and suddenly I saw reports of my dwarves suffocating in total 6 of them, all just by the well. They were probably the ones that did the hauling.

Not sure if I was just unlucky or is the InkMans Ink this deadly in general.

EDIT: Update: Unlucky dwarves left two pools of ink and an ocean of vomit on my main staircase, had some more casualties soon and tantrum spiral kicked in. Mighty fort destroyed by a single Ink Man.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:31:20 pm by Labraid »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: September 02, 2012, 04:58:54 pm »

I just found a chosen one demon god in adventure mode. The bastard desintegrated me without any provocation (I even save scummed
and certified that i could talk with him before he atacks.

The thing that bothers me most is that i had the antimagic effect active over me. I am not sure if the chosen ones can intentionally
surpass that or not.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6679 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »

To both creatures, Chosen One and Ink Man, I have to say this: Both are features of the Dwarven Chocolate/Wizards Tower mod by SethCreyid, who apparently does not balance creatures, or at least interactions and syndromes well. I will not inlcude any of this in the next release.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »

@ zenerbufen
Are you still away from your home computer?
Have you had a chance to look at the new color pallet I posted?
I adjusted the colors so you can see everything now.
I posted some screenshots you can look at if you can't test the file right now.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: September 02, 2012, 06:51:09 pm »

Knuckle dusters, even slade ones, are less effective than bare hands, since the knucle dusters have a large hit area and glance off of armour frequently. I would reduce the contact area to 10, and increase the velocity. Slade knuckles shouldn;t be deflected by copper, and even a steel helm shouldn't offer much protection from bludgeoning hits.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6682 on: September 02, 2012, 07:18:03 pm »

Ok, thanks :) Is fixed.

I also made a few changes in the tanner. You can now dry gut to thread, clean feathers, clean skin, chitin or scale. Skin gives 2 leather and 1 fur, chitin gives carapace and scale gives scalemail.

You can harden leather, carapace or scalemail by boiling it, using a bucket and coke.
You can make llamelar versions by using 2 hardened types and 1 thread.
Fur is only an extra leather so to speak, weak, but can be used for clothing.

Leather manufactur can now make armorsets and padded armorsets from each type. Fur, Leather, hardened leather, llamelar leather, carapace, hardened carapace, llamelar carapace, scalemail, hardened scalemail, llamelat scalemail. Hope this lowers micromanagement a bit (lot)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:31:03 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: September 02, 2012, 09:21:14 pm »

Hrm. I have an idea. To make transformations more reliable, would spawning, say, 10 boiling rocks as a product improve the odds of it working?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6684 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:58 pm »

No, it sadly wont have an effect.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »

No, it sadly wont have an effect.

Unfortunate. And jacking up the severity won't help it overwhelm a dwarve's immune system either, will it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6686 on: September 02, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »

The severity has nothing to do with it, I think it is the probability and size_dilutes and resistable. As long as the last two are missing, a prob:100 should always trigger.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: September 03, 2012, 12:05:32 pm »

Meph, in your "secrets of disease and blight", the foul lung spell uses FACE_ROT_CURSE, which should be FOUL_LUNG_CURSE.

It's in "interaction_dwarfchocolate.txt", 548th line.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Upuaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: September 03, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »

Just a short note. One of the Letīs Players Iīm subscribed on youtube started a Letīs Play series of DF with the Masterwork Mod. For those interested here the link to the first video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id9x8iTER-c

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: September 03, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »

Awesome, thanks for the link.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 749