Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836074 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6615 on: August 29, 2012, 11:42:04 am »

Fireball inorganic mats is a problem with duplicate raws. Not his fault, I did upload it with 2 entries for bone_block. I did fix it quickly on DFFD, added a hotfix-download in the thread, but that is already 3-4 pages ago. Just redownload and all will be good.

Poll: Wow, that one is super clear. All requested changes are done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also have 3 designs here.
Crematory: Unsure about this... should I keep the old one?

Warbeast Kennels: (previously creature armory) Should look like a buffed up version of the kennels.

Screw Press: I always loose track of these 1tile-tiny workshops in vanilla. So I made it 3x3, keeping the style the same.

And... kind of 10 new buildings, but not really. Just look at the screenshot, this is how you see it ingame: left is first page workshops, center is second page workshops, right is furnace page. All with unique hotkey and sorted in groups, as people requested. The category-titles can actually be build ingame, and spell out the word. I think this is kind of neat for successionforts etc. It is also a feature that I can easily toggle ON/OFF, so it is up to you, but wow, even I was impressed how much it helps in the actual game.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: August 29, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »

Once you release this we are going to have to start a new succession fort I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6617 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »

For sure. And I will play a few rounds then as well. Like I said, this is my timeplan:
2 weeks from now: Alpha Release. (11th September) - Testing.
3 weeks from now: Beta Release. (18th September) - Bugfixes, Balancing, Manual.
4 weeks from now: MDF2. (25th September) - Full release with GUI.

I actually like having a deadline, I work better that way. Pressure is good. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:56 pm »

I'll go with "keep some" although I would have voted actually to keep the throwing hammers and axes, as the most dwarfenly of weapons

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: August 29, 2012, 02:43:31 pm »

The only tweak i would make is to possibly darken mainframe to completly black so the dwarf blends in better, or I guess I could edit that image to have a dark grey instead of black background. Whichever looks better.
I tried making the black background on the image transparent so it would look fine on any color.

I can do better job on making it transparent if you like that.

I started trying to hardcode the colors and I have been unable to get the tabs to use anything but the system theme.
Do you have any idea why that is?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:33:23 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: August 29, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »

- snip -
hold on, maybe this bug report was my own fault, sorry ^^
-edit-

nope, it's legit
The "refunded" oil from REACTION:BOIL_LEATHER does go nicely into the barrel now, but is unusable "liquid" not "oil".

Yikes, the barrels are XX-tattered-XX too.  I hope it's just coincidental damage from some other source, and not that they're burning away from the inside since they're full of molten hot LIQUID_MISC

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:08:17 pm by smakemupagus »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

4 weeks from now: MDF2. (25th September) - Full release with GUI.
I actually like having a deadline, I work better that way. Pressure is good. ;)
A deadline! OH NO! You know.. when I said I could (maybe, I remember telling you maybe!) meet that deadline it felt so so far away. Now this is reminding me of every college class ever where I procrastinated everything and stayed up the day before and worked furiously to turn in my assignment minutes before the due time. Seriously you are an evil evil man, but without deadlines I'm afraid I would probably get nothing done.
I started trying to hardcode the colors and I have been unable to get the tabs to use anything but the system theme.
As far as I can tell tabs on OS X are hard coded by the system and can't be overridden anyways, it will have blue/clear regardless so I havn't even had a chance to try to change them on lin/win yet. I'm working on the font issue right now.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: August 29, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »

@Meph: The new designs look really good for me, except the press but only because i have most roomlayout's of 3x4/4x4 and dont problems with 1-tile-workshops. Anyway make it as you like it. :D

Looking forward to the MDF2. 8)

Edit: Oh and the workshoppage looks great.  :)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: August 29, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »

As far as I can tell tabs on OS X are hard coded by the system and can't be overridden anyways, it will have blue/clear regardless so I havn't even had a chance to try to change them on lin/win yet. I'm working on the font issue right now.
Okay I had basically got the everything but the tabs hardcoded though the buttons were pretty plain.
If you don't know how to hardcode the tabs I won't spend any time on that for now.

What did you think of the transparency I added to the dwarf image?
That should make the image look good with any system theme.
If you like that I can spend more time editing the image to make the edges look better.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6624 on: August 29, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

Well, zenerbufen, that deadline is for me releasing a finished GUI, not you giving me the template so I can add the metatags and raws and test everything. Of course you have to be done with this earlier  :P

Diving into megabeasts next... griffons, manticores, balrogs anyone?

thanks smake, yet again. I know why all this stuff happens, because I have a butchered 1.9.4 version, a modding/dev version, the 1.9.5 release version, a clean 2.0 version, and the modding/dev 2.0 version. YEAH for mixing up raws.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:26:44 pm by Meph »

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: August 29, 2012, 08:03:43 pm »

More megabeasts sounds good. It will be good to actually have griffons and manticores instead of simples engravings.
I just hope that if you implement balrogs, they'll appear underground. Maybe... Maybe they would spawn in the circus, like

MoreAxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:54 am »

I made an attempt at the settings backend: http://pastebin.com/3qjUVsXe

Supports writing/reading options to JSON (with minimal user effort required), it's also documented so you don't have to read all the code.
Works fine with my tests, but I would appreciate if someone could play around with it and maybe spot some bugs.
edit:
Note that, in the current state, the script doesn't look for raws in the right directory, but this is trivial to fix. The commented out example at the bottom of the file shows how to change the raw directory to where the raws actually are, which should be enough for now.

On another note, has anyone considered making a github repository for all this?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:24:16 am by MoreAxes »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: August 30, 2012, 06:38:18 am »

@moreaxes
We already have a javaforge site, but it kinda fell into disuse.

http://www.javaforge.com/repository/5841
http://www.javaforge.com/project/mwdf

after you crete an account I can add you to the project, it's a mercurial repo. I tried git but couldn't make it work. mercurial is more newb friendly :)

I uploaded an updated version of the gui to the repo. I made some small tweaks, embeded fonts not done yet, but I included the fonts.

@arclance, I added an option to change the builtin style, tryout the different ones to see which work the best. it's at the top of masterwork_launcher.py3 , feel free to try out stylesheets if you want as well, they should work on all platforms.

@lp_228 yes, they steal/hoard. Vanilla bug.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:10:35 am by zenerbufen »

lp_228

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: August 30, 2012, 08:03:25 am »

Is there a known bug with hospital? My dwarves just can't stop hauling stuff to the hospital despite the fact that i set limit to the lowest possible.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: August 30, 2012, 08:40:59 am »

Is there a known bug with hospital? My dwarves just can't stop hauling stuff to the hospital despite the fact that i set limit to the lowest possible.
It's a DF bug, dwarves will haul cloth, sopa, etc. until all the containers in the hospital are full.
BTW can turret's shoot through fortifications? Probably yes
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 749