Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836180 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6570 on: August 27, 2012, 05:21:02 am »

Quick question.

My resolution seems to be very low, and changing the init.txt doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
You can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: August 27, 2012, 07:00:58 am »

A problem I encountered in the 1.9.4 (downloading 1.9.5): for some reason my crossbow dwarves pick a crossbow/javelin thrower, a quiver, and a backpack with some food, but don't take ammo with them.
Correction: one of the javelin throwers put some knives in the quiver. They do not, however, pick their ammo (got enough in the fortress. When hunting they do not seem to have a problem).
Should I build a barracks? Will it help?

Edit: ok, using 1.9.5. The dwarves  are using an assortment of ammo for their weaponry: crossbow with javelins or axe heads, javelins with knife blades, and (!) javelins.
Can they actually use the ammo they got in their quivers?
Also, in my saved game it seem to keep requiring bronze instead of copper to make metallurgist...

Any idea how to solve these crossbow dwarf issues?
Another small question, I heard that moving over tiles with clutter (or generally some stuff on them) will slow dwarves. Is this correct or only applies to workshop clutter?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:19:52 am by raledon »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6572 on: August 27, 2012, 07:12:49 am »

....WHY?!

Suddenly two of my dwarfs are caught in bursts of flame, and now I only have 5 dwarfs.

...Why? Above ground, too...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: August 27, 2012, 07:23:46 am »

....WHY?!

Suddenly two of my dwarfs are caught in bursts of flame, and now I only have 5 dwarfs.

...Why? Above ground, too...
Did they have any brimstone? Did you turn temperature off and then later back on?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6574 on: August 27, 2012, 07:26:30 am »

No to both. :/ It's a fledgling fort. Though there were a number of coal scattered around.

I wonder if faedogs are butcherable? I'm trying to right now, but the dwarves ignore him xD
Anyways, great fun.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: August 27, 2012, 07:58:13 am »

A problem I encountered in the 1.9.4 (downloading 1.9.5): for some reason my crossbow dwarves pick a crossbow/javelin thrower, a quiver, and a backpack with some food, but don't take ammo with them.
Correction: one of the javelin throwers put some knives in the quiver. They do not, however, pick their ammo (got enough in the fortress. When hunting they do not seem to have a problem).
Should I build a barracks? Will it help?

Edit: ok, using 1.9.5. The dwarves  are using an assortment of ammo for their weaponry: crossbow with javelins or axe heads, javelins with knife blades, and (!) javelins.
Can they actually use the ammo they got in their quivers?
Also, in my saved game it seem to keep requiring bronze instead of copper to make metallurgist...

Any idea how to solve these crossbow dwarf issues?
Another small question, I heard that moving over tiles with clutter (or generally some stuff on them) will slow dwarves. Is this correct or only applies to workshop clutter?

Did you have different ranged weapons in the same squad? That confuses the hell out of dwarfs and they start putting things in their quivers which dont need to be there.

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: August 27, 2012, 07:59:15 am »

Umm yeah, I made it an "archer" squad and let them pick whatever. I'll try forcing them to use a specific weapon, and see if it helps.

Edit: this solved the problem, though something interesting popped with it- my dwarves are equipping two weapons in the same hand (2 javelin throwers, a crossbow and a javelin thrower). Does this have any positive effect, or just encumbers them?

Edit2: some of the dwarves stopped picking up ammo for some reason. Tried giving them both crossbow and javelin, one of them picked a couple of bolts, but not shooting them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:02:17 am by raledon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6577 on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:52 am »

Ranged squads should only get one type of weapon, dwarves are too stupid to realize that they have a bow, and bolts instead of arrows. And full quiver never get emtpied out by them. Just make one bow-squad, one crossbow-squad, one javelin-squad, and to on...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:17 am »

my dwarves are equipping two weapons in the same hand (2 javelin throwers, a crossbow and a javelin thrower). Does this have any positive effect, or just encumbers them?

No, no positive effect, but no big problem either if they're all the same type.  So at the beginning of the game you can set your xbow squads to use all three

crossbow
bladed crossbow
mechanized crossbow

and just remove the lower tech 'crossbow' from individual's equipment once they get of the advanced types.

No to both. :/ It's a fledgling fort. Though there were a number of coal scattered around.

I wonder if faedogs are butcherable? I'm trying to right now, but the dwarves ignore him xD
Anyways, great fun.

Mutant faedogs can spontaneously combust your dwarves, maybe that's what happened.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: August 27, 2012, 10:29:25 am »

Mutant faedogs can spontaneously combust your dwarves, maybe that's what happened.
The unique bland of randomness found only in Dwarf Fortress and mods.

My resolution seems to be very low, and changing the init.txt doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
Using the scrollwheel works, but may distort other areas of the game. Some graphics packs change the tile size, you should experiment with that.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: August 27, 2012, 10:30:40 am »

@zenerbufen
I ran the gui in linux (Debian Sid) and it runs fine, no errors, but there are some font size and color issues.

That might be due to the incomplete port to python3, I don't know how far you have gotten yet.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: August 27, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »

oooh did I see frostbrand? how about firebrand or magicbane? hell sure throw in all the nethack/slash 'em artifacts for fun!!! :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: August 27, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

The Candelabrum of Invocation could be a 'sink' for the tallow candle industry at least :D

@Meph:  Just FYI, Chaos Dwarves entity lacks Progress Triggers.   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:24:35 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6583 on: August 27, 2012, 03:00:55 pm »

Thats why they never attacked ^^ Is noted.

I think with Deon back on Genesis I will put in some extra-hours into MDF2... mh... competition. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: August 27, 2012, 03:50:46 pm »

Pretty clean error log for world gen in the new version, just this tiny bug report.
Probably just missing its case-handling tags for NO HARDER MINING option.

Looking forward to actually play later, but off to work now  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 749