Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833863 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, if you haven't done so already, and if you have access to the appropriate parts of the code, can you do some cleanup on the structure and naming conventions of save games?

I suspect the naming convention is out of reach, but if you can actually create a sort and display that will always indicate what it really the most recent save, that would be great :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I have the custom names for worlds, which should make it easier to identify saves.

You can also rename the folders (region1, region2....) to whatever you like. For example: Waterfall-Volcano Fortress or Bridge Megaproject.

But I cant change the way autosaves are named, as far as I know. If I am wrong, please correct me ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Newest madness: Metal clothing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also noticed that the new hauler caste is noticably faster then normal dwarves. As it should be. And this plus vampires, that you can spot because they move faster...  should be fun.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:41:48 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if its possible to teach haulers to fight, they would be more epic than any other dwarf because of their speed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

They have slow_learner tag, so they can learn, but take a long time... they would also run ahead of the rest of the squad and arrive first, all alone... but thanks for the tip, I might remove the ability to learn combat skills from them, to avoid possible exploits.

Also made 3 new reactions for the kitchen. It looked so sad and empty, after stills, querns, craftsman, and millstone got new ones.

The reactions are:
Grind meat (takes 1 animal mats (even inedible, like some organs) and procudes ground meat)
Make sausage (3) (takes 2 groundmeat and makes 3 sausages)
Grind bone to bonemeal (flux) Takes any bone, and makes bonemeal, a flux stone. :)

This allows to use even inedible animal parts for food (after 2 refining steps) and adds regrowable bio-flux. The bonemeal thing is even realistic :)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im geussing from its presence in stockpile options, that toady was thinking along the same lines.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

My favourite thing about this mod is just how regularly it gets updated, fixed and toyed with. I'd personally like to see more megabeasts (and is it possible to make the current ones survive gen better and invade more often?)
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I don't know if these have been fixed, but I'll mention them anyway.

1: Landmines don't die after detonating. I know this is likely a DF issue, but it can be rather strange at times.

2: Making somebody an axe legend requires no skill essence.

3: Essence residue cannot be cleaned.

4: The altar to Armok crashes the game when used in a sacrifice.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The smelter accidents are brutal, I've filled whole tombs with Dwarves killed in fire related accidents and half my fort have lung issues thanks to arsenic. They walk around vomiting blood randomly, its glorious.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im sorry, but can someone awnser a question i have...?

Why on earth havent i ever heard of this incredible mod before now?

the Masterwork title is truly deserving.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@angel of death: I fixed the axe legend reaction, will check the rest. But I doubt the claim about the landmines, the explosion is caused by their corpses, no way they can do it twice. only exception is the dust landmine, and it says in the description that it might fire several times, since it is an experimental dwarven device :)

@demiurge: Wohooo, someone who actually likes that feature. Still, next update and it is optional.

@jimmybobJr: Thanks 8) Probably because it is new. My first mod, today one month old.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

@angel of death: I fixed the axe legend reaction, will check the rest. But I doubt the claim about the landmines, the explosion is caused by their corpses, no way they can do it twice. only exception is the dust landmine, and it says in the description that it might fire several times, since it is an experimental dwarven device :)
That makes sense. I had a dust landmine next to others that must have been going off. Sorry for wasting your time.

[EDIT] The archeologist's workshop can only open up rough chests, not bought ones. Is this intentional?

[EDITEDIT] It appears as if plague bearer blood does nothing. I made a human in the arena crawl through it and he had no symptoms at all.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:44:07 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

And again, nice feedback. All fixed btw. :)

The Altar (and Temple) does not cause crashes anymore. Still dont always kill though. In testing showed this:
First guy: Died
Second guy: Died
Third guy: Died
Fourth guy: Survived Survived Died
Fifth guy: Survived Died
Siths guy: Surviced Survived Survived Died.
Sevenths guy tantrumed.

Residue can (and is automatically) cleaned.

Axe legend needs a reagent now (was turned off for testing)

Plaguebeares have this in addion now and kill for sure.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That fossils can only be used rough was intended, because of the random big gems you get at the jeweler. These would be useless. BUT with the addition of the gem workshop you can now split them into 2 small ones, so I did change it. Fossils (and treasure chests) can now be used as smallgems (the ones you get at embark) and the biggems can be cut into two. So if you are lucky and the jeweler makes a big gem, you have twice as many items in the end.

EDIT: Arena testing lead me to another bug, dwarves had bodys on their bodys. Every bodypart had a full body on it, because I added the bodyplan to default dwarves and all castes. Is fixed.

I also noticed that Frost Giants are way too strong. I used full steel equiped grand master dwarves against normal giants, one on one. It took about 10 dwarves, one after each other, to kill one giant. I made following changes:
Natural armor is iron, instead of steel.
Bodysize is 400.000 instead of 600.000
Tissue thickness of armor is 1 instead of 3.
Natural combat skills are lowered to 3.
Breath attack of freezers now causes actual Frostbite (due to temperature) instead of syndromes.

IMPORTANT

Do you want the fixes and little patch now ? I now that a lot of people just downloaded it, and will lose their fortresses, but I am concerned about the Altar/Temple Crash. I hate crashes. I also fixed about 10 bugs, the beast research works as intended, added bonemealflux, sausages, made the smelting accidents optional and weaker, added one new metal for clothing, added 6 new high end alloys, made the caste system, and wrote a custom Dwarf Therapist file that reads them out.
Changed marco time in init from 15 to 5 milliseconds.
Added adv. golem. Breathes cold, dont ask me why or how.
Added 30 new creatures, credit goes to deon and tomitapio

That should be about it. ^^
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:37:09 am by Meph »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I have a suggestion. Make cavern creatures much more common. I've had my caverns opened for a few ingame years now, and I've only seen 4 helmet snakes all up. Nothing else.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

This is weird. I just genned 3 standart worlds and checked the caverns, the seem fine.

Usually new animals arrive when you kill all old ones.

How old is your world gen ?

How many caverns did you breach ? Many creatures are only in the second or third level.

How high is your savaregy ? Many monsters only appear in savage areas. Same goes for good/evil regions.

How many biomes do you have in your embark area ? The more biomes, the more diverse the creature selection.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 749