Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836794 times)

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #6045 on: August 04, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

They seem to develop this weakness over time, they were perfectly fine the first few fights. I have a save, 7 megs, not sure how to send it to you though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6046 on: August 04, 2012, 02:46:13 pm »

Mediafire or Dropbox would be easiest. Or DFFD ^^ But that sounds really strange, because they do use the normal dwarf body, with the same boosts as a legion dwarf, plus their special interactions. Nothing that could cause bleeding, no changes in body composition or materials... sure they dont have a syndrome/sickness that causes bleeding ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: August 04, 2012, 03:06:31 pm »

Here, hopefully this link should work:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39505436/region1presiege.rar

There will be a siege arriving almost immediately after you unpause, just send the first squad (axemen) to attack them. May take a few tries, occasionally they will kill the enemies too quick for anything to happen, but I normally loose 1-2 of them.

It's not a syndrome, they only die when they have to fight. But the enemy doesn't seem to really matter, I've had them die against macaque's. I'm guessing there's some sort of exertion when they use their spells. Also, a few of them seem to get permanent wounds (one of them is missing fat, another guy's hand has melted), but they never seek medical attention for it, and it doesn't seem to bother them outside of combat. Although, it's not just these wounded ones that die. This has been going on for the last 2 sieges, just getting worse. The only one who doesn't seem to have any trouble is my legionaire, which is why I'm guessing it's something to do with the spells.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: August 04, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

Fun fact: the chosen one I've written about a while back is hostile. And, as the necromancers, he's in stealth mode. So he just ignites random dwarves from a distance. That's massively FUN, but since this curse was supposed to create a zombie-killer, I start to consider it a bug.

Oh, by the way: stonebound vs war sauropod: 1-0. The beast couldn't even move, the stonebound paralyzed it with the first attack. He seems to be way more powerful than magmamancers and shadowmancers - those are the other transformations I've tried. May be balanced enough though: since you have to research/trade a new rune for each transformations, this looks like a nice buff, not completely overkill (just moderately).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:18:28 pm by Ishar »
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: August 04, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »

A lot of crashes in worldgen. Must be my setup...

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: August 04, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »

Best way to unfreeze ice with little supllies. Go!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6051 on: August 04, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »

@ioi101: Thanks I will have a look.

@ishar: stonebound shouldnt be very good against groups. There the magmamancer should be better. It also heavily depends on the skills and gear the stonebound has, while the magmamancer will always fight the same, if kept safe.

@firons2: Why the double post ? Did you gen the world without Illithids ? And water unfreezes when dropped a few z-lvl underground. 
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: August 04, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

I can speak from experience in my current game that stonebound aren't much better than normal dwarfs against groups. With no instant kill or aoe type attacks they have to rely on paralyzing one at a time and occasionally knocking down a bunch for a combat turn.

Shadowmancers are a bit more range oriented I've found, they don't do much in melee either but their ranged abilities are pretty darn good, the problem with them is you have to keep them away from your refuse stockpile as they animate the dead. I also found they animate body parts used to build things, like the Church of the Dark Depths.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: August 04, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »

Meph, I love what you've done with mining. It feels more spontaneous and dangerous, but with more of a risk/reward value. I was mining out a collapsed brick wall when I found a hidden case, whch was exciting. Unfortunately, said hidden case was cut and claimed by a fey dwarf, and now survives as a galena mug that menaces of **Hidden case spikes**. I also ran into a deadly trap when mining out more bedrooms, which manifested as a 7/7 tile of boiling magma. !!FUN!!.

Quick question, will weak warpstone work as a warpstone substitute? Or is it just there to be deadly?

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: August 04, 2012, 08:06:32 pm »

Question: What did the blast furnace do?

Also, I never really got to the research stuff. I'm curious what merging even does.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6055 on: August 04, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »

I also found they animate body parts used to build things, like the Church of the Dark Depths.
Sounds like a bug, thanks for the report. And yes, all "-mancers" are ranged, all "-bound" are melee.

@ggamer: Thanks :) But... 7/7 magma from a deadly trap ? That is... impossible. it does boil away though, and affect miners.

Warpstone comes in 3 types. Weak one you can mine, slight sickness, miners gets fever and becomes drowsy. it only slows you down. Unstable one kills. Stable one... now that is the one you want for warpstone mines and turrets.

@rabblerouserGT: Blast furnace smelts batches of 6 bars (old version) since the new update with all ores giving 4 bars, I raised it to 12 or 16 bars in one go. That feels like too much, and not that useful to me. Especially anthracite, it has a 36 coke batch reaction. Thats just too much.

Merging ? Just making one "Research Building" instead of 2 or 3 different ones. It will have less flavor, but also less buildings to scroll though.

EDIT:Oh, and I know it has nothing to do here what so ever... but I will still post it.

I would like to officialy vote the USA to be my least favourite country for bike riding.

Just came to Detroit. 3 Bordercrossings to Canada. 2 Bridges, Interstate, no bikes allowed. No pedestrians either. 1 Tunnel. No bikes allowed. It does have a shuttle service, 4 Dollars. No bikes allowed. How do I get my bike across the border ? Well, I cant.

Next bordercrossing ? 100km north. No bikes allowed. Next after that ? 550km, no bikes allowed. The other direction ? About 660km. No bikes allowed. -.-

What I did ? I managed to get an employe who works for the tunel service to take my bike across. Mind you, JUST MY BIKE. I was not allowed in the pickup. I then waited for 1h for the next bus, paid my 4 dollars, and found my bike and bags leaning against a wall outside the canadian customs. The officers had no idea, the guy just dropped them off there, anyone could have taken all my gear.

It is now 22:35 and I am in Canada. YEAH. Only road to the Niagara Falls from here ? Highway, no bikes allowed. (as if I care) and then ? Bordercrossing at Niagara Falls back to the USA. A bridge. with no bikes allowed. Will be fun.

I will now drink my XL-French Vanilla coffee and ride all night...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:55:09 pm by Meph »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: August 04, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

Damn, that sucks on the border crossing. You have to come further west to get foot crossing and such as it's not as crowded/developed over here.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: August 05, 2012, 01:25:49 am »

Finally got my volcanic junk... after I've discovered candy. Both the magma vein AND the candy vein revealed one RIGHT after the other.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:48 am »

How am i supposed to get the ice underground...

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: August 05, 2012, 03:06:27 am »

How am i supposed to get the ice underground...

Cave-in, or simply mine it, it sometimes leaves an ice boulder.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 749