Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836898 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #5985 on: July 31, 2012, 09:32:27 am »

sparring highly depends on squad size and the minimum number of dwarfs assigned to train. Try smaller squads or lower the minimum to something between 2 and 4. That should help make them spar.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:17 am »

I managed to fix the sparring thing on my own. Turns out I hadn't set THAT particular squad to 4 minimum, though I thought I had.

The crossbowdwarves still won't arch.
I guess I'm forced to create equal parts javelins, equal parts bolts. :/ Lame.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:32 am »

Figured out the problem, I had simple stones turned off and only eight stones turn to dust.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: July 31, 2012, 10:19:38 am »

D: WHY CAN'T I USE THE SEIZE BUTTON?
It's grayed out. 3:<

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:13 am »

no cat people, no dragon people? i feel singled out =(

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:21 am »

Meph, i request firebreathing leopardpeople with wings.... And a really really hard skin.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

Just something new I found. I was under siege by serpent men (again... they come all the time...), in the process of slowly grinding them down, squad by squad, and then, something amazing happened.

Suddenly, the combat log was full of a 'chosen one' lighting serpent men on fire, and turning them into 'dying slag' creatures. Of course, all that fire ignited the grass, and the invaders soon scattered, the only surviving squad was the one trapped in my killzone - those were chopped to pieces by my volcanic-wielding military, but I didn't lower the bridge after that scene with the chosen one.

What the hell is that? Is he friendly? Will he burn my whole fortress down? Is it a dwarf at all? Considering he just killed more than a hundred serpentmen on his own, I'm reluctant to just let him in.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: July 31, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »

Wow, awesome.  Chosen One is a type of curse you can get from a deity in masterwork; he is cursed "[ to seek out and destroy the powers of evil]"

But I don't know whether he'll be safe.  If he blasted the serpent men I guess he isn't restrained to destroying the undead.  His attack spell looks like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notice, no brackets around REQUIRES opposed to life, so it's not really there.  So if he is hostile, it's quite possibly going to try to blast you.  If he looks like a dwarf, who knows, maybe friendly.  Send a lye maker out to greet him :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:17:13 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: July 31, 2012, 03:15:26 pm »

The crossbowdwarves still won't arch.
I guess I'm forced to create equal parts javelins, equal parts bolts. :/ Lame.

Oh -- are you allowing squad to mix javelins and crossbows?  I would recommend not letting archery squads "choose ranged weapon" on their own but rather tell them specifically, and don't mix within a squad.  Otherwise you'll have xbowmen with quiver of javelins and never use them up.  Same as in vanilla with bows.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: July 31, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »

This mod needs more adventure mode content

also, I don't want to run into him during the night

Wow, awesome.  Chosen One is a type of curse you can get from a deity in masterwork; he is cursed "[ to seek out and destroy the powers of evil]"

But I don't know whether he'll be safe.  If he blasted the serpent men I guess he isn't restrained to destroying the undead.  His attack spell looks like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notice, no brackets around REQUIRES opposed to life, so it's not really there.  So if he is hostile, it's quite possibly going to try to blast you.  If he looks like a dwarf, who knows, maybe friendly.  Send a lye maker out to greet him :)
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49:25 am »

I couldn't find him, but he is definitely still on the map. He's igniting random wildlife - birds, badgers, things like that. He doesn't seem hostile though, at least he hasn't attacked any of my woodcutters, and didn't attempt to come into the fortress. Seems like I just have a free Rambo in the surrounding woods, I think I can live with that.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:29 am »

Just wanted to tell you guys, the first thing that happens when drows are implemented will be a successsion game ;) Looking forward to it, as long as Meph makes them evil enough :D

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: August 01, 2012, 07:20:40 am »

About succession games, here is a little spam of the 'official' succession test fortress. We would appreciate a few more players.

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: August 01, 2012, 10:36:00 am »

Is anybody else having trouble making bullet turrets? My dwarves take the turret assembly kit to the spawn location, a gas comes off (the gas is called bullet turret) but then nothing. No bullet turret is spawned.
Am I doing something wrong? I only made 1 change to the raws themselves and that was to change wooden training spears to be safe for danger rooms again (hehe).

EDIT: This time the dwarf did transform into "dwarf busy setting up a creature" however still no bullet turret was spawned. I'm beginning to run out of clockwork parts.

Just thought I'd mention at the end of this that I love the mod. I got a demonic katana (!!!) by sacrificing weapons to armok. How cool is that?

EDIT2: my last clockwork parts successfully made a bullet turret! Hooray!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:49:14 am by KingFerret »

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: August 01, 2012, 11:05:49 am »

I have a little Problem, cave wheat wicker bale dont be stockpiled. ??? I have found the entry in the stone-stockpile but my stupid dwarfs dont bring the bales to the stockpile. :(
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 749