Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836893 times)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #5970 on: July 29, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »

Fun tactic for dealing with warlock sieges:
Take advantage of the fact they bring necromancers.  And that they attack the corpses they raise.  Just little the front of your fort with corpses.  The necro will raise them.  All the other warlocks will attack the zombies.  Area attacks and zombies will kill more warlocks which will then be raised again...  Once those idiot spell casters are gone, kill the zombies and loot the metal eq.  Leave the corpses :)
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: July 29, 2012, 07:19:19 pm »

My archers aren't arching.
I have quivers, I have bolts, I have crossbows, but they just aren't.

maybe upload a save?  a lot of other people use crossbows successfully in this mod, so i don't know how folks are going to be able to help you without more info.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: July 29, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »

@rumrusher: in theory yes. Not currently, but I might be able to add this. No idea how the AI would treat them though.

okay how about this, you make the turret into a "sentient" being that you can talk to, and have the text all be computer talk.
and have their trait set up so that they will always agree to join you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: July 30, 2012, 02:54:50 am »

Also, you can't choose which metal type the reaction uses, unless you play with burrows of course.

DF can now link stockpiles to workshops, forcing workshops to take from that stockpile only.
That's how I prevent my carpenter from using rough wood, and make my masons make marble furniture while ignoring the rest.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: July 30, 2012, 04:07:13 am »

My archers aren't arching.
I have quivers, I have bolts, I have crossbows, but they just aren't.

maybe upload a save?  a lot of other people use crossbows successfully in this mod, so i don't know how folks are going to be able to help you without more info.

setting up an succesful archery range is incredible complex. You need to assign a barrack (armor stand/weapon rack), inside this barrack you need to build an archery target. Set the Archer Squad to train at both, carefully assign the correct shooting direction as well as room size so your archers  have a place to stand and shoot.

Furthermore, check if they have to correct ammunition in their quivers (sometimes they pick up a crossbow+quiver with javelins). Also, check if the correct ammo types are allowed to use (military screen, "f"). For example, you need to add Rocktip bolts to Hunters/Squads first and mark them for training/combat.

@Meph: Talking about ammo, I did not find an entry for rocktip javelins. Either I am blind, or there is no way to add them.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: July 30, 2012, 07:31:52 am »

You need to assign a barrack (armor stand/weapon rack), inside this barrack you need to build an archery target.

I've got an archery range in the next room, which works just as well. Usually, it's just ammo/quiver-related behaviour.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: July 30, 2012, 11:10:15 am »

Hey all, is it just me or do bone blocks from the boneyard not have a storage pile? I can't get them to go into any of my bar/block stockpiles, they just sit in my boneyard which is a pain.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: July 30, 2012, 01:54:19 pm »

So my last fort was destroyed by a simple mistake combined with unimaginable bad luck (I forgot that swords take three bronze and I was attacked by a **Giant brush titan**. After Torturing my battle miner for several days it killed two children and decapitated my militia commander and caused a tantrum spiral), and I decided to abandon and embark in the same world.

So my new fortress has a couple of odd issues. Firstly, fungiwood suddenly became ungodly expensive, secondly, boulders aren't turning to dust anymore. solution?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: July 30, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »

temperature on? And if you request Fungi, the traders charge extra for it.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: July 30, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »

Hmm, another problem, has some elves get killed and I melded their mithral root armour and guess what? Got like 6k mithral, guess that's not intentional. Suppose I'll be making mithral everything now!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5980 on: July 30, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »

But the melting is done automatically, as soon as a meltable object is there, the game just adds it. Hardcoded. This is nothing I could alter. You say elven stuff leaves tons of bars after melting ? Usually everything only leaves 1 bar...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:00 am »

Hi Meph, must admit it was just a guess that it was the root armour, all I know is that I was melting objects then suddenly I'm swimming in mithral and it's all coming out of my smelter not the arc furnace. If everything just leaves 1 bar; well I definitely didn't melt 6000 objects.

Odd, well, just chalk it up on the mystery board and see if anybody ever reports the same thing I suppose. 

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:01 am »

Hmm -- wondering if it would be possible to prevent "sick dwarf" from appearing in the embark?

It's Extra Fun to actually begin a game IMMEDIATELY with a syndrome. ;P

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: July 31, 2012, 06:53:16 am »

Out of interest Meph, it turns out that not everything yields 1 bar http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Melt is there not something in the raws about how much an item returns? I was also melting some instruments and stuff, guess I could have just got a random massive mithral object from the elf caravan?

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:50 am »

You need to assign a barrack (armor stand/weapon rack), inside this barrack you need to build an archery target.

I've got an archery range in the next room, which works just as well. Usually, it's just ammo/quiver-related behaviour.
This might be it.
By the way, I'm using the MW macro-setup uniforms, by the way.

I've done great in Vanilla DF, so I'm not I'm doing anything wrong.

EDIT: And my dorfs don't want to spar. Maybe I've forgotten something in my absence.
Or does sparring just not send out reports anymore?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:16:01 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 749