Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837071 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Playable Orc Race Plugin
« Reply #5835 on: July 25, 2012, 05:50:20 am »

Try adding to [INORGANIC:RUINS] tag [IS_STONE]. Might help. Or just turn the temperature on like it is supposed to be with Masterwork mod - they will boil and disappear.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: July 25, 2012, 07:20:18 am »

So I'm getting a plague turns my dwarves sterile.
How do I fight this? Never come across this before.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: July 25, 2012, 07:24:14 am »

sterility ward, for further informations, ask your nice dwarfen liaison to bring one or bother armok with your needs ;)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:23 am »

Thanks. Couldn't find anything about wards in the included Manual.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:02 am »

A few changes from normal DF that boggled me, and I'd like some help with:
Some creatures (such as werewolves and other new creatures) ignore traps. Is this intended?
Also, is there a way to properly stopping them without cheesing the game (bridge in, bridge out)?
Archers doesn't seem to want to pick a crossbow and shoot... might require some more testing by my part (lack of ammo? no barracks?)
Last question, why does my dwarves hate burrows? I can't seem to get them to properly unassign them via the alert tabs, since they keep themselves inside (solved by manually removing them from the burrow's civilian list...)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: July 25, 2012, 09:06:27 am »

I don't think I'm too fond of diseases.
ALL within the span of about 4 seconds. And it's spreading.

Do I lose any special features if I disable them?

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: July 25, 2012, 09:14:36 am »

Also, turns out I cannot create a world older than 50-100 years.... !Fun!  ???

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: July 25, 2012, 09:21:30 am »

Weirdness!
Elven caravan arrives and all of the sudden, my entire fort rushes to them and starts taking items!

And I can't trade most of them back because elves love to make stuff from wood (and doesn't like getting them in return, weird).
It's like this mod WANTS you fighting those pointy-eared hypocrite.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: July 25, 2012, 09:27:18 am »

You can even add evil elves - those will definately fight you:) About traps - many creatures have TRAPAVOID - meaning they are not affected by traps... ever. So army is what you need:) Or just get inside fortress and close thedoor until you got enough skillfull soldiers... and some golems.. and maybe a guardian of armok and mountainking. Then open up and make a gory mess of enemies:)

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: July 25, 2012, 09:35:56 am »

You can even add evil elves - those will definately fight you:) About traps - many creatures have TRAPAVOID - meaning they are not affected by traps... ever. So army is what you need:) Or just get inside fortress and close thedoor until you got enough skillfull soldiers... and some golems.. and maybe a guardian of armok and mountainking. Then open up and make a gory mess of enemies:)
My caged armies of trolls... noooooooooooo!
One question though, does mines count as traps in that sense? Do the mines get triggered by caravans or my own dwarves?
Sounds like that... cheesing it the way to do it :<.
oh and just one more idea to your list: make a bridge, fill the area below it with magma. Make them walk it. Close the bridge (or pull the lever to the trapdoors). Let them burn (or turn them into a target practice for your marksmen).

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: July 25, 2012, 09:52:47 am »

Might not work against ice giants:) Mines are just creatures which then near enemy will self destruct. But only near enemies. So it is a good idea not to have yours near them at that moment. Friendly fire guaranteed.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:34 am »

Still wondering why every dwarf in my fortress is vomiting. My floors are stained green!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: July 25, 2012, 10:52:45 am »

probably another disease? Maybe some syndrome? Have you battled something... unusual lately, like... err... a centipede biting of dwarfes head?

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: July 25, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

No forgetten beasts.
The only thing it seems to be doing is making the entire fortress vomit.

Only things I've battle lately are kobolds, a hair man, and a couple Bladefooted Rancor (not sure if that's how it's spelled).

This started, though, before I really had any of those fights. Like it was brought in from my outpost liason.
If it was a syndrome, I'd imagine the doctors could do their thing, but no. They're just constantly retching and vomiting and not requesting diagnosis.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:35 pm »

Found another oddity about the Animated Armour monster (I posted earlier about being unable to use most of the armour pieces it dropped when killed). I've just noticed I have Animated Armour strands in my cloth stockpile. Not really sure how they would be formed, I've had extract metal strands on repeat for ages while I make adamantine so maybe that's it but I don't remember seeing any hair or wool drop off the corpse.

I can't see any animated armour jobs in the manager so I guess it's useless unless it can be used for sutures.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 749