Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837768 times)

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5430 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21:00 am »

Hey Guys, commin back to DF after a long Hiatus.

I downloaded the lastest Version of Masterwork last night and almost immediatly ran into a problem; The Diorite that ive dug seems to be bugged in that i cannon use it for anything. I can move it around and place it in stockpiles, but the mason and stoneworker shops refuse to use it. There are several hundred boulders but none are usable. I ran the search function in this topic to see if anyone else has this issue, but no relivant results appeared except one stating "Is it maked as Economic stone?"

In the stone stocks screen the list of Economic stones is only 3 pages long and doesnt include Diorite; Instead, Diorite is listed under "Other Stones" and not "Economic Stones"

And reason why i cant use the Diorite?

EDIT:
Resolved. I hadnt realised that when i had set a stone stockpile to send stone to a workshop it means that the workshop will only get stone from the stockpile. I just had to wait for the stone stockpile to get some more Diorite for it to work.

Man, new features confuse me every time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:32:20 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: June 30, 2012, 08:34:51 am »

Probably just a vanilla thing, not worth a bug report. Still funny, though.

He was "friendly", but my turrets fired on him anyways. Scared him of the map.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:51:22 am by mglarev »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: June 30, 2012, 08:53:07 am »

Probably just a vanilla thing, not worth a bug report.

He was "friendly", but my turrets fired on him anyways. Scared him of the map.

My guess is that it was a werebeast of some type, since they seem to generate announcement prompts whether they are in their beast form or not.  At least they had in earlier versions.  Once lost a fledgling fort to an elf who came in similar to that who seemed friendly but then turned into a weresquirrel and went at my dwarves like they were cashews.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:43 pm »

The essence residue is cluttering all my stockpiles for stone. I know it can not be helped, but by now i have 2000 essence residue left and it would take years to get rid of it. Can you change it into something not that heavy? Or make it that I can forbid it in my stone stockpiles?

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:35 pm »

Just found a pretty sweet embark site. Flux, deep soil, shallow/deep metal, hills, volcano. Embarked, a message popped up saying I located a shrine.
Wasn't sure what it meant, so I thought it was pretty sweet.
Then I hit the units screen, I guess "Shrine" translates into "Vampire lords home".
Needless to say, got absolutely slaughtered. Good times.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: June 30, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

Cool, never happened to me. Reclaim it with 7 elite military dwarfs.

g1real

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

Turrets

- 6 different Turrets. Mostly stationary creatures with powerul ranged or breath attacks. Shot, melt or web approaching invaders. Currently the AI is a little buggy, so the turrets need a clear path to the enemy, otherwise they wont shoot.

When something is defined as a clear path, can this be as long and complex as here? I was kind of hoping to get some tower defense thing up for sieges.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also figured I'd say I'm a bit disappointed at the rarity of goodies while digging, I think I found one fossil so far and thats it. When I had extra stone types disabled I found things like that way more often. I enjoyed finding those.

And, leather, when you enable non-simplistic leather... it tends to be a bit of a bitch to manage the stockpiles, I was unable to make a drakescale specific stockpile so I could get some drakescale leather sets. Which also reminds me to tell you there needs to be a Drakescale Armor Set job.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:44:05 pm by g1real »

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: June 30, 2012, 07:17:05 pm »

The essence residue is cluttering all my stockpiles for stone. I know it can not be helped, but by now i have 2000 essence residue left and it would take years to get rid of it. Can you change it into something not that heavy? Or make it that I can forbid it in my stone stockpiles?

Make 5 jeweller workshops and set them to cut the essence into gems. You can use the gems for whatever after that.

Turrets

- 6 different Turrets. Mostly stationary creatures with powerul ranged or breath attacks. Shot, melt or web approaching invaders. Currently the AI is a little buggy, so the turrets need a clear path to the enemy, otherwise they wont shoot.

When something is defined as a clear path, can this be as long and complex as here? I was kind of hoping to get some tower defense thing up for sieges.

They fire just like crossbow dwarves except they will only fire in cardinal directions through fortifications, they don't seem to like firing diagonally through them. Haven't tested about firing from one space back yet though...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

carkasjak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »

I would love the option to have Simple Trees/Gems/Soil/Stones/Minerals/Pets and other performance enhancing options without adding any new features to the game.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:25 pm »

I would love the option to have Simple Trees/Gems/Soil/Stones/Minerals/Pets and other performance enhancing options without adding any new features to the game.
That is actually mephs goal for the next release.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: July 01, 2012, 02:36:37 am »

Why is it that my Military SwordGolem is now killing my own men when enraged at enemys?
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:14 am »

Right well, this is weird.

I was just attacked my a Titan/Megabeast/Watever called a thunderbird. After losing my entire military (One Dwarf) i sicked the 29 or so dwarves in the mountain to dogpile it.

Unfortunatly, one of my two miners did not survive this encounter.

So i immediatly drafted a hauler into Mining duty and, to my surprise, this no-skill miner was OBLIDERATING EVERYTHING at a million miles an hour. In fact, in the time it took my Legendary +15 miner to clear a 3x3 area, the complete novice must have cleared 10 times that.

I watched him almost instantainously clear out the entire Catacomb complex, and then seemingly TELEPORT to the dining room for a snack.

I slowed down the FPS to about 60 and, sure enough, he was doing EVERYTHING instantly. He seemed to jump 3 or 4 tiles a step, and mined a large shaft in a few seconds.

What the hell..?

Also, hes doing this With a broken shoulder sustained in the Thunderbird attack.

At this rate hes going to finish all work in the fortress for years in advance! BY HIMSELF!

EDIT:

damnit he stopped. Why did that happen, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:01:34 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:41 am »

Is there any chance he mined a Blessing of Armok gem? From the manual "Blessing of Armok" that makes the miner super fast for 1 month" I am fairly sure I got an announcement when I discovered one.

Had a small quirk where one my dwarves was named Urist, Vampire Metalsmith. Checking his details and it did look like he was a vampire as he hadn't had a drink in ages, he was promptly drafted to defend the main gates and died to a goblin ambush. Is that a Masterwork quirk that got his name changed like that? I checked the justice screen and there was nothing there, he was quite a new immigrant so no one had been found drained of blood yet. When he immigrated he was just called a metalsmith. He was a member of the Smith's guild caste so I was wondering if there was something funny happening there, I have checked the vanilla wiki on vampires and don't think there's any mention of this happening there.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:11 am »

Is there any chance he mined a Blessing of Armok gem? From the manual "Blessing of Armok" that makes the miner super fast for 1 month" I am fairly sure I got an announcement when I discovered one.

Not sure about a Blessing gem, but ive gotten tears and Metals. That must be it.
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:05 am »

I am currently watching a video of someone playing MWDF adventure mode. Perhaps you are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGd8KWXlioc&feature=plcp
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 749