Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837856 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5280 on: June 24, 2012, 05:05:23 pm »

Thank you for the update Meph

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »

Just mined a gemstone-looking tile that gives a "Metal of Armok" gem.
What is it supposed to be?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: June 24, 2012, 07:46:49 pm »

You can transform it into a bunch of metal bars at the transmutation lab, I believe.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: June 24, 2012, 07:50:10 pm »

why no cloaks?  They deflect some ranged attacks :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5285 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

Ok, first of all: Thanks for all the feedback. I hope everything works alright with the new version. Now to answer some stuff (most of it already answered by other users, thanks)

why no cloaks?
Check Runerobes, they are the new, better cloaks. Metal only ;)

Just mined a gemstone-looking tile that gives a "Metal of Armok" gem.
A valuable gem, can be used as a gem, or used in the Transmutation Chamber to create a big, random selection of metal bars. A nice find ;)

There is a reaction in the golem forge using mechanisms to heal golems. I could not get it to work, though.
Correct. It creates a boiling stone that should only affect golems and gives them recuperation 5000 for a short time. The inhaled syndrome might conflict with the no_breathing of the golems, but I think it shouldnt.

The concubines are Dwarves so you should be able to golem them, unless Meph has forseen this and make his boiling rock syndrome only affect normal dwarves hint hint Meph
I did foresee this earlier, but when I redid the golems it happened so that I ignored that... so yeah, golem concubines are possible currently.

So for all the use golems, just hope that Meph reworks them  it's a mess in there.
Stop insulting art :P

Now to the point - is there a extensive manual for Masterwork DF? I know there is manual in launcher but it's lacking.
There is an extensive manual, the one included, as well as all the graphical guides in the Guides & Readmes folder. I hope to combine the manual, the graphical guides and the wiki into one html-manual for the next version though, should make things easier.

A question: Can I copy my 1.9.2 savegame over to the 1.9.3 folder and play it? I am getting better with raws and modding, but I am not sure of it.
Yes you can, but you only get the hardcoded changes by Toady, since mine are in the raws. Most changes in them require a new world, but you can copy the new reactions_masterwork.txt into your savefolder to get most of the fixes.

All my pre-genned world i gen and love very much are VERY deep so my FPS dies very quickly, like 60 levels beneath 0. TERRIBBLE, what to do?
I am not certain if I understand your question completely. You FPS dies, because of too many zlevels ?

Also, are sausages etc other new cooking reactions a part of the more food types setting or does it only add new types that can be gotten from the old reactions?

The new food types are just new names for you cook to make, just flavor. The sausages actually allow you to use inedible stuff to be grinded into them (yeah, disgusting, just as in real life) and you can enable/disable them with the "Misc Features" Tab, Kitchen Button ;)

So, tomorrow I probably take a day off, most likely no riding ;) Have to sort out some pictures, upload them, make the next part of the route and so on.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: June 24, 2012, 11:09:14 pm »

ok noticed that there's a LOT more ward types now instead of the blanket ward type we had before.  Most are self explanatory, but what do the empty ward and Armok's ward do exactly?  And any recommendations on which would be most helpful on an initial embark list?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: June 25, 2012, 12:55:47 am »

All my pre-genned world i gen and love very much are VERY deep so my FPS dies very quickly, like 60 levels beneath 0. TERRIBBLE, what to do?
I am not certain if I understand your question completely. You FPS dies, because of too many zlevels ?
Yes, that is exactly what i mean. i have world that are !200! Z-levels deep.
and not because i'm in the mountains. i'm on a tottaly flat embark.
and i have like 30 dwarfs and my FPS is 30.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5288 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:49 am »

@corrosivechains: Empty ward: Same as the normal one before, you can outfit it for anything in the correct building. Armoks ward is against the cult of the carp god. Again, I will refine both systems greatly for the next version, I had hoped it would turn out better.

@child of armok: Zlvls (unrevealed) should not affect the FPS at all. Creatures, pathfinding, itemcount, temperature, these are the biggest problems. I dont know how I could help you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: June 25, 2012, 01:09:56 am »

Yeah, i did had 10000 of these mushrooms of Armok.
MAybe because of that?

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: June 25, 2012, 04:42:33 am »

Thanks for the update, after an extensive Diablo3 break im back into it:)

As for wards, i really liked the idea behind them. Only things that bother me about the current system is that sometimes they fail to be outfitted and that you cant work with them reactively. If a plague shows up i need to wait till next caravan/liasion to order them, untill then all my dwarves are infected. In current system i just buy one of every kind and immunzie my dwarfes, nothing happens.

Short lifetime of wards would be perfectly fine if we could make them ourselves. (Sacrifizing a dwarf into a ward?)

I may overread it, but didnt the still work fine before? Why did you take out the custom brew reactions in there? i really miss making specific drinks for seeds in early game. Not a real problem, just wonderin.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: June 25, 2012, 08:19:29 am »

I may overread it, but didnt the still work fine before? Why did you take out the custom brew reactions in there? i really miss making specific drinks for seeds in early game. Not a real problem, just wonderin.

It did work partially. Plant stacks of 1-3 go to barrels, stacks of 4-5 go to the still/brewery floor. That means a fort with experienced farmers will be flooded in alcohol, in a negative way :(

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: June 25, 2012, 09:52:30 am »

I read about this problem in the brewery, never experienced it in the still. Hopefully it will be resolved soon

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »

Quick question, may have already been answered, but I'm wondering if the turrets will fire through fortifications if there is a possible path to the enemy, or does it have to be a clear, empty line directly to what they are firing at?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:02 pm »

They can fire trough Fortifications.
I have seen it with my own eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 749