Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838182 times)

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4995 on: June 13, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

Speaking of fortress defense races, do they affect world-genning in any particular way, like causing the extinction of other races?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:45 pm »

I like the mod A LOT.
Except for one thing: The mining.
I mine like my entire basic fort and i have like 10 pieces of rock.
And it's not enough!

And could you tell me how to change this?

I was under the impression that MW mod has exactly the same amount of stone as the current version of DF. The amount of stone created was reduced with 34.10, you have to build stone blocks with it which will create x4 as much blocks as it used to. So now you can use blocks for your construction needs and not have to shift millions of boulders everywhere. Try to avoid using raw stones.

Oh, like BigD145 just said, he beat me to it!

Well that said I heard you can't use stone blocks for anything but construction so setting up a mason shop for stone chairs and statues going to be a pain. Though what hurt the most about the new boulder patch is the size of them now and how much a pain it is in adventure mode. All boulders are about the same weight of slade and will encumber you even spell rocks.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: June 13, 2012, 08:31:12 pm »

I think you must have got unlucky with your stone Srial, my current fort is almost solid obsidian for 10 levels, I have 500 obsidian in one garbage dump alone. What are you mining that gives you so few stone?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. How you make a entire ten layers obsidian?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: June 13, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

Well that said I heard you can't use stone blocks for anything but construction so setting up a mason shop for stone chairs and statues going to be a pain. Though what hurt the most about the new boulder patch is the size of them now and how much a pain it is in adventure mode. All boulders are about the same weight of slade and will encumber you even spell rocks.
Yeah the first thing I do is mod the furniture workshop to take blocks instead of raw stone. I think it should be a change to vanilla.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »

Speaking of fortress defense races, do they affect world-genning in any particular way, like causing the extinction of other races?

Certainly, especially if you use more than a couple of them.  Some prefer unusual biomes, like White Tigermen live at the arctic poles, so my impression is that they don't seem to interfere quite as much.

I usually use something like
Kobolds
Goblins
Orcs
Serpentmen
Tigermen
1 or 2 from the group:  Automatons OR Giants OR Badgermen OR Raptormen

... and the civilized races don't generally go extinct

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: June 14, 2012, 01:17:40 am »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. How you make a entire ten layers obsidian?

I think I just got lucky or unlucky, I thought there was sand or clay too but there is neither, just a thin scrape of peat 1 level thick on the surface and nothing else except the occasional bit of brimstone until I hit the first cavern level. Still, plenty of copper and tin in ore veins in there as well, it's probably because there is a volcano going straight down the middle of the map which my whole fort is build around.

I'll post my world recipe tonight, plenty of volcanoes and lots of megabeasts like I got a griffon and ice wyrm in the first 3 years. Mineral density of 300 which seems about right to make sure you get a load of something but not necessarily lots of everything.

juanm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: June 14, 2012, 05:32:19 am »

Also, i would like to point out thaqt you should give the male and female versions of the new animals different names. I was really confused on embark, wich cave beetle i should take in vast numbers and which one i can only take one for my bug-farm.

If you press F12 the font will change and you should be able to see the sex of the animal (male looks like a bag). If you are using a mac try Fn+F12 instead (or maybe it was cmd+F12...).

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: June 14, 2012, 06:34:45 am »

Yes indeed, it was rubble, and something else, wait...
But still i have now, after i build my workshops, 1 rock,1!

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: June 14, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

It seems that concubines will leave ghosts, but cannot be memorialized.  One that the dwarven traders brought died to ice encasement, but it is not possible to memorialize her.  I hope this ghost is nonviolent.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: June 14, 2012, 09:14:53 am »

use DFhacks fixghost. Should help.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: June 14, 2012, 11:34:06 am »

Also, i would like to point out thaqt you should give the male and female versions of the new animals different names. I was really confused on embark, wich cave beetle i should take in vast numbers and which one i can only take one for my bug-farm.

If you press F12 the font will change and you should be able to see the sex of the animal (male looks like a bag). If you are using a mac try Fn+F12 instead (or maybe it was cmd+F12...).

If you play for awhile things like that and item value will cease to be. F12 doesn't help. Quit and restart.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: June 14, 2012, 01:07:57 pm »

Also don't know if something has been changed but I have two bifrost boulders after killing two frost giant thieves, they are sitting besides my creature research lab but there's not an option to turn it in to bars as it says on the building guide. The boulders are listed as reagants for all the bifrost reactions but all the reactions are red, maybe I just need more than two boulders? Also there's not a stone stockpile option for bifrost boulders, I just turned everything else off and they got taken to that stone stockpile.
Sorry if this is a regular question but did anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: June 14, 2012, 02:44:00 pm »

How exactly does this legendary traning work? I have the essence of a megabeast, so the option is available, but how do I control who gets it? I assume I have to enable a labor for the selected dwarf, but which one?
Obviously I didn't want to waste the essence.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: June 14, 2012, 02:52:59 pm »

How exactly does this legendary traning work? I have the essence of a megabeast, so the option is available, but how do I control who gets it? I assume I have to enable a labor for the selected dwarf, but which one?
Obviously I didn't want to waste the essence.
If you have a manager you can control who uses the workshop alternately enable strand extraction on only one dwarf.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: June 14, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »

I don't know what it is, but it appears to be a bug (it is in the embark screen): The Fail Stone:

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 749