Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838241 times)

Flavio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4980 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:23 pm »

Also, i would like to point out thaqt you should give the male and female versions of the new animals different names. I was really confused on embark, wich cave beetle i should take in vast numbers and which one i can only take one for my bug-farm.

The first one in the animal list is the female the second is the male. SAFry's tip is also a good one to make sure.

Regarding the embark issues, it has been noted before that there is a bit of variation with the embark points, I don't know if it's because of the extra seeds etc. Sometimes it even buys all fungiwood stuff which costs loads more. I usually just take it as a random factor, you get what you get.

Thanks!

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: June 13, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »

I like the mod A LOT.
Except for one thing: The mining.
I mine like my entire basic fort and i have like 10 pieces of rock.
And it's not enough!

And could you tell me how to change this?

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: June 13, 2012, 01:34:16 pm »

So I was going through the legends and I found a legendary hero of the dwarves, right? then I noticed that he had devoured at least 10 vampire lords before becoming king. being the brilliant detective that I am, I assumed that there must have been an error in my files, so I downloaded a clean install to replace my raw folder. before I did that, though. I checked the entity_default and I found this: ... What..?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:06 pm »

I like the mod A LOT.
And it's not enough!

That is normal to basic DF 34.10. Toady changed things. I do seem to remember a setting in Masterwork that reduces drops, but the change is mostly on Toady.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: June 13, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »

I like the mod A LOT.
And it's not enough!

I was under the impression that MW mod has exactly the same amount of stone as the current version of DF. The amount of stone created was reduced with 34.10, you have to build stone blocks with it which will create x4 as much blocks as it used to. So now you can use blocks for your construction needs and not have to shift millions of boulders everywhere. Try to avoid using raw stones.

Oh, like BigD145 just said, he beat me to it!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: June 13, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Lead, & Galena

There are a number of Masterwork specific reactions that use lead (ammo, some type of pewter at the Metallurgist, alchemy), but I don't think you can even get Lead in Masterwork.  In vanillaDF it's smelted  from Galena; but in MWDF Galena produces only silver.  -- even with SIMPLE MINERALS:NO

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4986 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:07 pm »

Galena produces lead in vanilla ? I have to check that...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:42 pm »

quick question. im loving this mod still amazingly fun. but i seem to crash when i create steel plate or any type of plate in the magma armory is there a reason for this? i have not modded the buildings or reactions.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: June 13, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

Galena produces lead in vanilla ? I have to check that...

Yep!

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Galena/raw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: June 13, 2012, 04:10:21 pm »

So...

I tried these steps to play Masterwork on 34.11 but it seems I entered the Twilight Zone on LSD. Marvel at the psychedelia of the hamlet, Swelterbejeweled:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The coloured squares seem to be occupied by quadrillions of rapidly changing "furrowed" stuff; furrowed silver, furrowed troll (female) etc. I suppose there are still some problems with a direct port to 34.11. I'll wait for the grandmasters then.

To make matters weirder, the road is made up of "petrification spell"  :o

What the hell was in that Fire Snake extract? Drugs may look like !fun!, kids, but it messes with your mind.

I got something very similar in fortress mode. Only, it isn't so close together. I have a lot of normal spaces between the weird...furrowed things. It's like every thing ever thought of that could possibly be organic or inorganic has decided to furrow. I still want to play so badly though and no updates to the utilities are in site....now, let's see what happens when I dig there. !Fun!

Edit: Aww, no !Fun! for me. The area doesn't allow anything to be added to an embark that wasn't already there. I either use a blank embark and hope for the best or a premade embark but, it takes out the axes, picks, and plump helmets. Guess it's back to 34.10 for me for now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:44:37 pm by Mythologique »

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: June 13, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »

Actually MW has a lot less stone than vanilla because MW has rubble and other non boulder producing stone.   I think in my last for I dug out a huge chamber on a dirt level, dug a 3x3 staircase down 20 z levels and realized I still had zero stones I could use to make a carpenter workshop.   What you say is defintitely correct aside from that though.  Those boulders you have are precious for a while so save them for when you have no choice or have mined out a lot.   Also, if the stone you DO have is considered economic, like a flux, then you may be doubly pinched to make tables and chairs.  Consider making some economic stones available if need be to help out.

I believe a few (10?) pages back someone posted an idea for how to get rid of rubble in the raws, though if that helps.   If you search for 'rubble' in this thread it should come up.

I was under the impression that MW mod has exactly the same amount of stone as the current version of DF. The amount of stone created was reduced with 34.10, you have to build stone blocks with it which will create x4 as much blocks as it used to. So now you can use blocks for your construction needs and not have to shift millions of boulders everywhere. Try to avoid using raw stones.

Oh, like BigD145 just said, he beat me to it!

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31:52 pm »

There is a "less solid rock" option in the Misc. Feature tab that turn much more of the rock (when generating the world of course) into rubble, cutting back even more in the stone department.

I've never needed more stone in MW though. Just never stop mining. Ever.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: June 13, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »

I think you must have got unlucky with your stone Srial, my current fort is almost solid obsidian for 10 levels, I have 500 obsidian in one garbage dump alone. What are you mining that gives you so few stone?

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: June 13, 2012, 04:48:40 pm »

Mostly I think I was just terribly unlucky to get zero.   Most of it was rubble and the part that wasn't was dolomite which I had set to economic because I was worried I'd need the flux.  Turns out I needed had bothered.   I had more of it in this fort than I can ever use.

I forgot about the 'less solid stone' option.  Thanks for the reminder!

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

There is no reason to keep a hold of flux stone because you might need the flux.
The boneyard can grind remains and body parts into flux directly and those are limitless.

On a side note: Scrap your caravan immediately if you're playing with fortress defense races on.
Lost about 6 dwarves to a seige because they were hanging out at the caravan instead of nestled safely inside my fortress...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 749