Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838288 times)

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4935 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:48 am »

Also pretty mu:ch everyone in the embark  area (primary dwarfs but Not exclusive) is more or less  constantly vomiting

......and this seems to be a problem how?  :P

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: June 10, 2012, 03:09:22 pm »

I tried these steps to play Masterwork on 34.11 but it seems I entered the Twilight Zone on LSD. Marvel at the psychedelia of the hamlet, Swelterbejeweled:

At first I was like "sounds fun", but then I looked and I was like "he ain't kidding!".

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: June 10, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »

Also don't know if something has been changed but I have two bifrost boulders after killing two frost giant thieves, they are sitting besides my creature research lab but there's not an option to turn it in to bars as it says on the building guide. The boulders are listed as reagants for all the bifrost reactions but all the reactions are red, maybe I just need more than two boulders? Also there's not a stone stockpile option for bifrost boulders, I just turned everything else off and they got taken to that stone stockpile.

Upload your save to the DFFD, what version are you running of masterwork? I haven't killed/used FGs so I don't know if these custom reactions are off or what. I'll see what the issue is if there is one, though.

If you have at least 2 boulders you should be able to use the reaction, as far as the reaction says.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:04:33 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

TTCBuilder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: June 10, 2012, 05:14:23 pm »

What is the group of dragons called that will invade you, on the surface. I got invaded by them goblins and elves at the same time. After the 5 dragons slaughtered the other invaders they entered my base. Why would a dragon with a sort of civilization be able to breath dragonfire. It was !fun! while it lasted though, and I got to watch the dragons chase down babies and children.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: June 10, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »

Dragonfire does seem to be the default cloud in my embark. Now I probably need to lock down my fort to prevent melting down my dwarves. Can anyone tell me, if dwarves will actively walk into clouds, if there is a stockpile within it? Just wondering if I now need to move my refuse pile to the inside

Like normal fire, they walk right into it. I was moving stuff into my fort, dragonfire was on the mountain above me and looked like it would miss.
It fell over my entrance while everyone was outside, swept straight for my cart. Every. Single. Dwarf walked straight into it and melted. 7 dwarves died in about 4 seconds.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: June 10, 2012, 07:17:20 pm »

on the subject of fire, why is it that all grave cats, hellfire imps, or master vampires are either dead or in the process of melting?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4941 on: June 10, 2012, 07:48:03 pm »

Hellfire Imps => darkflagrance, Fortress Defense mod.
Grave Cats => Seth Creyid, Dwarf Chocolate mod.
Master Vampires => Xangi, Fear the night mod.

Should I say more ? I didnt make these creatures, but I appreciate the report. I will surely make certain that my restart will only take tried and tested things into it.

To answer your question: I do not know. Maybe the standardized materials give them non-fireproof mats ? I will certainly test them in the arena, so thanks for the report.

EDIT: Tested, gravecats are double, one of them melts, the other works. This one I can fix easily, havent looked at the raws for the other two yet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:34:15 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »

So here's a crosspost screenshot of a unique kill.

okay I'm on the lower part showing that as a head I rip another mans head off.

here a suggestion maybe add in some reactions to adventure mode that deal with Skill aether and biofrost it sucks seeing them pile up knowing that the only way to make use of them is to drag them over to a fort site and switching over with fort mode. Unless that how you want folks to handle this then I guess I have to start fort mode sooner or later.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:34:52 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: June 11, 2012, 01:17:08 am »

What is the group of dragons called that will invade you, on the surface. I got invaded by them goblins and elves at the same time. After the 5 dragons slaughtered the other invaders they entered my base. Why would a dragon with a sort of civilization be able to breath dragonfire. It was !fun! while it lasted though, and I got to watch the dragons chase down babies and children.

Have you got any fortress defence races on? I found that with even easy races on a 'long' history, as little as 200 years, I would get named war dragons rampaging through my fort. The only defence against flying building destroyers was building sumps at every entrance to the fort.

As building destroyers can't break bridges from below; I build a down stair, a short corridor then an up stair, then you build a 2x2 bridge or whatever that caps off the up stairs and attach that to a lever. All you have to do then is make sure you never break through the virgin rock shell anywhere else in your fort and you can stay safely locked up until the dragons bugger off.

Just make sure you have enough food and water to last out a couple seasons and possibly a magma garbage chute for refuse! 

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:36 am »

What's the cavern race for Masterwork that attacks?

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:16 am »

What's the cavern race for Masterwork that attacks?

Isn't there like 4 of them? Troglodytes, ant dudes, gremlins and... can't remember the last one. Crab people? No, but there should be.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:42 am »

Are they armed and armored in wood like animal men? Or moddable to be armed and armored in metals like surface world creatures?

Think I might give this a spin just to fool about with underground races  :P

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: June 11, 2012, 08:30:48 am »

I was just looking through the packaged Dwarf Therapist's weapons tab, and I noticed that, though babies can wield almost no weapons, they seem to be able to wield flintlock pistols.  Is this a reference to this?

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: June 11, 2012, 09:13:14 am »

Are they armed and armored in wood like animal men? Or moddable to be armed and armored in metals like surface world creatures?

They have their own metal armour styles, like Ant Men have tridents but no greaves, goblins have rusty iron armor. There seems to be quite a bit of variety. Definitely give it a go if you're curious. Just don't bother with any fortress defence races until you've seen what there already is.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: June 11, 2012, 09:14:37 am »

Re: still:  I've switched over to using the generic 'brew drink' reaction and the problem has gone away; the booze stays in the barrel reliably.  So it seems to be the custom reactions that are acting flaky.

The other one is batmen IIRC.  I know the trogs show in metal armor and weapons, they had quite a variety - iron, rusty iron, various bronze.  I don't think they had the good metals.  They're also only partially armored - helms and breastplates I think.  Just be careful, they seem to spawn early - I've had a 20+ trog ambush in year 1 before I produced any wealth, so they are not like the above-ground races that wait on a wealth/population trigger to start invading.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 749