Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833782 times)

admiralawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32:45 pm »

Looks like it could work :) But setting it up is a low of work, items dont always have just one tile. Have a look at plants, color is very important. Plants have up to 8 modificators.
[TREE_TILE:166]
[DEAD_TREE_TILE:166]
[SAPLING_TILE:182]
[DEAD_SAPLING_TILE:182]
[TREE_COLOR:4:0:0]
[DEAD_TREE_COLOR:5:0:0]
[SAPLING_COLOR:4:0:0]
[DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:5:0:0]
As a quick example, that could become:
Code: [Select]
[TREE_TILE:tile_cactus]
[DEAD_TREE_TILE:tile_cactus]
[SAPLING_TILE:tile_young_cactus]
[DEAD_SAPLING_TILE:tile_young_cactus]
(the colors can stay as they are)

Then for translating to the Masterwork default Phoebus' tileset:
tile_cactus = 166
tile_young_cactus = 182

For the latest Ironhand tileset:
tile_cactus = 144
tile_young_cactus = 124

And for ASCII:
tile_cactus = 181
tile_young_cactus = 33

You can use tile_cactus and tile_young_cactus for Blood Thorn and Saguaro. The results are pretty serviceable, though you obviously are not getting the full quality out Ironhand's tileset due to the non-standard approach that tileset has to foreground and background colors.  So, just a little manual editing of colors is required in that situation.

I'll study up on tokens and try my hand at a script.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »

I have been working on the archeology a bit. (in the bus again)

Here 3 materials. A stone called ruined walls that appears in small clusters. And 2 gems, one treasure, the other a trap. The treasure produces an item that can be brought to a workshop to be excavated, the trap would release deadly (50%) gas. Both only occure near or inside ruined walls. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Here some more. Simple and unfinished, but the idea is there.  With this you might find a t-rex skull, old coins, materials, rusted armor or weapons and old trap components deep in the earth. Bring them to the Archeologist, and he will restorate/excavate these items. Creating a t rex bone helmet, or random weapons and armor pieces...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PS: Manual is done
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:12:06 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:56 pm »

its too bad you cant have a 'fear factor' attached to an item. so a dwarfs armor can make them more intimidating to enemies.

then bone helms would be alot more useful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #468 on: January 23, 2012, 10:35:43 am »

next version you should be able to do a lot more in that direction... I hope ^^

I also added following new weapons, since historical weapons are leading in the poll. No new metals yet though.

Added guns. Made them optional. 5 types of guns, 2 types of ammo, 2 types of cartrides, 2 new buildings.

New weapons:
Knuckle Duster
Pointed Stick
Sharpened Pole
Club
Spiked Club
Pitchfork
Staff
Training Staff
Training Mace
Falchion
Zweihander
Rapier
Double sided Battle Axe
Beraded Axe
Hand Axe
Flanged Maces
Spiked Maces
Meteor Hammer
Sickle
Shovel
Woodcutters Axe
Dual Daggers
Dual short swords
Dual battle axes
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:41 am »

Sorry to keep asking, but can we use compact peat as a fuel like Genesis? If so how? :(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:27 am »

I'm glad you add the weapons which I liked and added too, I feel that more weapon types is always fun :).

A few comments:
1) Pointed stick and sharpened pole sound really close, I wouldn't tell a difference easily so I would suggest to combine them (you could make 1st spear and 2nd pike, but it's a bit unclear so not so good).
2) Zweihander is just a two-handed sword, and since we had that, it's a bit redundant.
3) I am sure you meant "bearded" axe, right? :)
4) Woodcutter's axe is a bit too long (plus material description bla bla bla), so something like "ax" or "chopper" which means the same could work better.
5) I really like dual weapons idea, but they would look strange in hands of one-handed men :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2012, 10:59:00 am »

Thanks for the feedback. btw, I found something out about custom demons, dont know if you already know that, but: non flying demons will not spawn upon hellbreach. Thats why I always had plenty of striges or frost wraiths, but never colossi or bebeliths.

1. Pointed stick = Wood version, Sharpened Pole = Metal version.
2. The mighty zweihander is BIGGER :) Bit of nostalgia, since it is a german name people might recognize ;)
3. Yep, it is an axe with a beard, not a berad. The raw file is written correctly though.
4. Thanks, I will trim it down. But: Ax is the standard spelling in American English. Axe is standard outside the U.S. (taken from google)
5. They have [TWO_HANDED:9999999], so no one is supposed to use them in one hand. dont know if that works or not...

I also work on Souls for hell right now. Similar to the blobs in the caverns, those guys are rather harmless, arrive in big numbers, and can be killed for special drops.

Peat is not useable as of now. But it is just one reaction to add, will be in V09.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:38:47 am by Meph »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2012, 11:37:49 am »

Why 9999999 and not 10000000? :) There may be even bigger creatures.

Thanks for the info about demons, I did not know about that.

Wouldn't it be better to call your "zweihander" something more... generic? Like, great sword, which is the same? Of course if you don't plan to have doppelsöldneren :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »

Why 9999999 and not 10000000? :) There may be even bigger creatures.
But would that bigger creature be a megabeast? or a Civ? that is the question :P this is the idea I use for my dual weapons. Adv. Mode controled creatures can bypass the need of using two hands. But AI sometimes doens't follow the rules. But your dwarves do, invaders don't sometimes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »

I made peat aviable for coke production.

And added a new workshop, the apothecarius. This one is run by your doctors, a little 2x2 workshop that should be built inside your hospital. I takes care of things like casts, crutches, splints, soap, water buckets... this way your doctors have something to do in peace times.

Also this:
Added the ability to make coke from anthrazite.
Removed the pause on death of citizen
Removed the Planet Earth worldgen. Both have caused issues with players.
Added harvester vermin to hell, poisonious wath out...
Added souls to hell. 4 types so far, drop special items. Arrive in groups.

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »

You need to give some of the weaker players like me more of a chance here - in my first world I tried two fortresses and the first one faced 2 zombie invasions in the first 2 years (the first invasion coming just before my second migration wave) and I only survived the second one by walling myself up for 6 years. When the gates were opened there were something like 12 ambush groups, 2 frozen giant seiges, 2 orc seiges and a kobolt invasion.

Started a second world without frost giants and undead, and literally just after my first migration wave an Airman titan has turned up. This isn't hard it's incredibly annoying... At least give us a grace period to set everything up!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2012, 03:13:38 pm »

Siegers can be turned on or off at your leasure.

Undeads die to traps. Or magma, or dodge-pits. Or a strong milita.
Walling yourself in for 6 years is a bad idea, since you cant trade. No trade = no adv. items.

2 sieges in 2 years is... not much.

An Airmen is a SEMImegabeast, not anywhere near a titan. I killed three of those, with miners and woodcutter in a militia.

If you want it easy, the next version allows to turn of the harder invaders and the new megbeasts. that is your choice. I know the game is unbalanced currently, but it is not like I am not listening to the players.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2012, 03:13:41 pm »

Heh, and people complained that Genesis is hard... You seem to set a new plank here :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2012, 03:17:05 pm »

But... I dont ^^

The frostgiants are hard, yes. They should be. And the zombies where a bit overpowered in V08, since people said that they were too easy in V07. lol. Now I made them easier again for V09. ;)

But I had no problems playing the mod. I died once to an early zombie siege, but thats it.

BTW: PROTIP: Build a temple, throw a useless migrant in it, get free steel equipment. Instantly you can do this with the very first migrants.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:19:42 pm by Meph »

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:47 pm »

I don't want to turn off seiges :( I like seiges and seeing people wail against my defences and well-trained dwarves, but there isn't much fun in throwing the babes against an enemy while you're still building a dining hall. I didn't have time to build the traps, or around the magma, or even equip my militia with copper, which is the problem maybe. How long does it take you to get any weapons into the hands of your dwarves?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 749