Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838643 times)

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4485 on: May 21, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »

hike MT. Shasta in california. And on your way stop in corning. So i can touch your hand.

gooby please

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: May 21, 2012, 10:40:52 pm »

Stop in Palm Desert if your going that way, its a quaint town. And I should know, I live there! Its not that fancy, but its quiet and nice if you want to just relax for a few days.

Plus our girls make Playboy's look like she-hags. 8)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56:53 pm »

Stop in Palm Desert if your going that way, its a quaint town. And I should know, I live there! Its not that fancy, but its quiet and nice if you want to just relax for a few days.

Plus our girls make Playboy's look like she-hags. 8)

hehehe, and I get reprimanded for disrespecting the ladies ;)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:51 pm »

Corai! Someone else just got told for that behavior.  >:(

Meph: So, if I read your post right... everything I do while you are away is going to be thrown away and you are going to start over!? Sigh, I had hoped you would actually look at the work I'm going to contribute before throwing it in the "Recycle Bin"

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: May 21, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

Corai! Someone else just got told for that behavior.  >:(

Meph: So, if I read your post right... everything I do while you are away is going to be thrown away and you are going to start over!? Sigh, I had hoped you would actually look at the work I'm going to contribute before throwing it in the "Recycle Bin"

It's the clown avatar :P

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: May 21, 2012, 11:10:52 pm »

oh, i also crash on year 73 during world gen, as does a friend of mine <_<

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »

zener:

No, what Meph is going to do is what most of the other big mod authors are doing right now.  These mods have been developed over 31.25 -> 34.10.  There are a lot of changes.  So they're starting "fresh".

That doesn't mean new things aren't going in.  That means they're adding stuff to Vanilla 34.10 instead of taking the 31.25 derived versions they're working with now and upgrading them completely to 34.10 standards.

In other words, it seems, everyone is going to create a new MAJOR version, instead of just upgrading again.

So keep working on what you're working on, but take special note that if you're basing it off things in Masterwork currently, the underlying stuff might shift around or become obsolete.  So don't make anything using the smoke reactions, or copy creature tags from any Masterwork-specific creatures.

If you're making something from SCRATCH that could go into VANILLA DF, Meph may still consider putting it in to the next version of Masterwork.

Ninja'd by the thread author  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:17:00 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4492 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »

@zenerbufen: No, not quite like this. First of all I would start working with the Mod as a base, to get the example raws. The manual would be great, because I would only have to rewrite the text, the reactions setup is mostly ok, and will probably, except some balancing, stay. The GUI you want to write, for all three platforms, I would of course keep, and use for the new version of the mod. Seems way better then VB, which is windows based, and even then some people have problems with the .NET-framework.

The support in the thread is also not wasted, because the people will play this mod in the meantime. I hope ;)

I dont know how much else you plan to do ? The bugfixes would be obsolete, yes, but the manual, gui and support here in the forum definetely will not go to waste. Same goes for eventual updates to new df versions, although I hope today slows a bit down. If you still have questions, PM me, I am still here till tomorrow afternoon.

@nekronuke: send you a PM

@jeoshua: Correct, but for different reasons. Both deons and me will do this since we were noobs when we started these mods, so there is a lot of clutter in them. Now, with higher skills, we both hope to create a better version from scratch. I considered it, then disregarded it as too much work, then saw that deon started. Challenge accepted. And the poor hugo lost most of his data on regeneration, so he has to start anew.

PS: I will definetly set up a plan. A proper game design something, with goals and interlocking features. Not like I did this, with: Oh, I add this, and then maybe this, and wow, someone wrote Mod XYZ that I could fit in... things should be way more balanced. I do have the benefit of not having to work (as in: a job) so I can put as much time and effort into this as I want. As long as it is fun, I do it. And I love that so many people are interested in this first mod of mine. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:20:14 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »

well then back on topic for the mod, I do have one question/request for before you take off on your trip tomorrow Mr. Meph....

Mercury in jars instead of bags?  Any simple fixes for this, even if it's just a copy/paste job?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:54 pm »

Major Features, as I see it, for this mod (for an opinion):

• Reduced leather types
  • Reduced stone types
  • Improved wood
  • Religion
  • Secret cults
  • All those upgrades
  • The Volcanic and Gemcutter workshops
  • Predefined critters (Hell, Night Creatures, Boogiemen, Vampires, Weres, etc)

Theres lots of other features, but if Masterwork 2.0 had just those features, it would still be worth a download.

Oh, and deffinitely think about having a switch for the whole "Evil Ethics" for the Dwarves.  I can't seem to generate enough worlds where they're not at war with everyone nearby.  I realize that's supposed to be a difficulty thing, but it would be nice if only the ambusher and babysnatcher types wanted to war with the Dwarves, instead of just about everyone ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:33:50 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: May 21, 2012, 11:59:26 pm »

ok i figured out a lot of my problems. and i came up against another one. i cant locate the guildhall. i have looked in workshops and furnaces and dont see the option to build a guildhall. unless i have to buy that from other dwarves.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: May 22, 2012, 12:06:53 am »

Well here is my current TODO list, (of course subject to change at any time)
  • Current version runs on mac/linux
  • Dwarf builder on mac
  • Launcher page 1
  • Make HTML Doc's Pretty
  • Additional launcher pages for new gui
  • Fix any 'new launcher' issues and replace VB version on windows
  • Separate Tileset/Graphics pack install.
  • Add additional tilesets/gfx packs to launcher page 1
  • Add color chooser to launcher
  • Update save file raws properly on gfx pack change
  • Integrate or incorperate W/ ModManager?
  • Add option to play vanilla dwarf fortress
  • Integrate building guides w/ manual
  • Add tilesetbuilder (like phobeus but allow bits and pieces from any pack)
  • Splinterz dwarf therapist on mac/linux
  • Help viewer in launcher
  • Customized therapist (castes, Dwarf Fortress vs dwarfort.exe issue on mac)
  • rewrite how raw’s work. nomore regex, modular files, that ‘modify’ vanilla base on the fly, include dependency handling, supprot for other mods that are compatible with MW, update gfx packs ‘on the fly’ to work with masterwork (read a gfx packs included .txt’s and apply the needed updates to masterwork .txt’s)
  • Add vanilla, +fps mods modes
  • Dfhack on mac? (could be supper hard, although others have already started this task none has ever finished)
Thoughts? You should be able to keep all that if your just reworking the raws.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:12:42 am by zenerbufen »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

ok i figured out a lot of my problems. and i came up against another one. i cant locate the guildhall. i have looked in workshops and furnaces and dont see the option to build a guildhall. unless i have to buy that from other dwarves.
Removed, because they broke other things.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4498 on: May 22, 2012, 12:29:15 am »

Mercury in jars instead of bags?  Any simple fixes for this, even if it's just a copy/paste job?
This should be fixed, I am working on a last update. Here the changelog so far:

##################################
######    PATCH 1.9.2       ######
##################################

- Removed fire_safe tag from pipes needed for the great magma forge
 - Added 2 new reactions to pet armory: recycle broken iron/steel armor. For "armored dog iron" that is left after

butchering.
 - Updated Jolly Bastion Set to 34.10
 - Updated Dwarf Therapist to 34.10
 - Updated DF to 34.10
 - Updated Mouse Fortress to 34.10
 - Updated dfhack to 34.10
 - Maybe(?) fixed illithids crashing worldgen. This time I redid the creature file, last time was entity file.
    - If this does not work, there will be an illithid exodus in the raws. >:)
 - Maybe(?) fixed the magma-bringing traders. Really sorry for that one.
 - Added sprites for evil dwarves, elves, humans and drow. (carbon copy of normal race sprites for now)
 - Modified bladed/speared minecarts, can no longer be made of wood, only metal now. Need 5 bars to be made.
 - Added bladed/speared tracktraps, same as the minecarts, but no container capacity. Only need 1 bar to be made.
   - You can put these on automated/powered tracks and have invaders run through them. Fun.
 - Raised values of alchemical ingredients (mercury, truesilver and so on)
 - Magma-safe block reaction now produces 4 blocks, as intended, not just one.
 - Changed tooltip and text on "Secret" button. Is now "Secret !FUN!" and warns that it makes the game harder.
 - Rebalanced steel making in the blast furnace. Instead of iron+flux+coal=steel it is now:
   - Make batch of 6 pig iron bars, iron+flux.
   - Make batch of 6 steel bars, pig iron+flux+coke.
 - Removed false "compress slade" from stonecutter. Now only to be done in Great Magma Forge.
 - Changed Bifrost setup. First of all fixed traders/caravans having bifrost items and bars.
 - You can now select up to 6 differetn bifrost reactions. Weapon, Ranged weapon, two-handed weapon, armor, shield or ammo.
 - The dwarf will take bifrost boulders and create a random item of the chosen type. Can be a dagger, can be a runic warhammer. Can be a crossbow, can be a mechanized javelin thrower. Can be a pair of high boots, can be a platemail armor.

Runs beautifully, with no errorlog, all utilities working, on 34.10. Still looking if I can find more stuff to fix though. Biggest things should be the Magma in Caravans and the Illithids Crash, both "should" be resolved.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: May 22, 2012, 12:36:55 am »

Yes but you didn't update the download?? I just spent a 1/2 hour upgrading the mac port to 1.9.1... again.. oops... well it's got 34.10, just waiting on your new raws for .2
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:39:34 am by zenerbufen »
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 749