Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838551 times)

TuefelHundenIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4425 on: May 20, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

Enjoying the expanded build options.  Just gotta find fort where something like anubites don't show up when the wagons do.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: May 20, 2012, 07:34:41 pm »

Welp, Carp cult in first migrant wave. Must begin training my crusaders!

Now how do you fight these things? Fire?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4427 on: May 20, 2012, 08:08:53 pm »

@cult: How come they are so common ? The cult has a popratio of 70. Normal dwarves 52.000, plus all the castes, with 42 castes with 300 each, makes 12600.  Means ONE in 922 dwarves is a cultleader. And that does not even calculate the diseases, other secrets and guild dwarves... I damn hope that the popratio works as intended, and this is not a problem/bug from Todays side.

@werdna: Curious how it will end... plaguebearer brain, yam...

@azrael: How about the building guides ? They would tell you that this is the place where you can set up/spawn creatures you build in workshops.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: May 20, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »

*chuckles* I've come across the dwarven caravan coming in and setting fire to everything twice now.  Didn't check to see if it was bagged magma like the earlier poster, but both times I didn't bother to have a depot set up as I was more worried about getting my farms going and masons set to carving blocks so I could wall myself off...Kinda funny (though disappointing) seeing the immigrants that just came in with several skilled military dwarves get immolated trying to recover everything from the crispy critter'd caravan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4429 on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »

I think I narrowed it down to the mercury. Liquid, and should be in jars, but they bring it in bags. All solid stone is called magma when it melts, so yeah... IT-000 had the same problem since the 34.09 update. Really weird.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: May 21, 2012, 02:06:46 am »

@azrael: How about the building guides ? They would tell you that this is the place where you can set up/spawn creatures you build in workshops.
What's a building guide? I thought it was something in the raws.

*checks folders more thoroughly*

WOO! There are building guides!!! :D Thanks!

McCrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:52 am »

A Cult Leader was set up in my fort for over a year and a half before I was able to get hold of a ward to reveal and dice him up. Culminated in a pretty epic boss battle.

Though honestly I'm a little sad it's over. That constant tenseness made the fort very interesting, had to figure out how to set up Martial Law and have the entire inside of the fortress defended by guards, rather than the outside. Oh well. Building a badass shrine/temple over the site of where the battle went down. The caravan bringing the ward spontaneously caught fire when it entered the area and drove off the traders, leaving a single ward stranded behind still designated as an "ally" unit (meaning I couldn't move it). Built the Altar of Armok around the ward, gathered the entire fortress population around it, and set it off.

It was rather bloody. Wrote it up as a story, posted it on reddit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:11:51 am by McCrow »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: May 21, 2012, 03:00:18 am »

That was epi. thanks for sharing :)

Awaen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: May 21, 2012, 03:13:31 am »

I killed the fort for other reasons, but I think I got a carp cult guy in my second migrant wave: It leaves combat logs of "So and so found a carp with various things done to it", right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4434 on: May 21, 2012, 03:35:42 am »

@McCrow: Indeed, an epic read. :) Thanks for that. And sorry for the burning merchants, I am working on that, seems that Mercury was handled as magma in its liquid form. Based on your story I will either make the cult work slower (for more time to get a ward) or find an alternate solution to unveil them.

@Awaen: Yes, more or less... there are several different messages you might or might not find.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: May 21, 2012, 04:29:36 am »

About that glazing raws. Why do you comment out reactions if you only need to comment entity premissions? Because you got make glaze reactions commented and glaze crafts non commented. And i honestly can't understand the meaning of file reaction_glaze - he is empty.
Maybe i just don't see some detail which will make it logical:)

Redgaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: May 21, 2012, 04:44:58 am »

Hey, I just got around to getting the new version, and the Blessed Serra preset crashes consistently 17 years into worldgen. The only changes I have made to the settings are to turn off some of the "Harder X" features, mainly because coal dust annoys the hell out of me, but that shouldn't affect worldgen. I didn't change any of the worldgen settings. It worked fine for me in 1.7 and 1.8, any suggestions?
All I do, I do for !!SCIENCE!!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:19 am »

New version of DF is out:)

btw i thought about medicine part of DF. Did you know that kaolinite was used to cure bad stomach and diarrea in middle ages? Could led to implementations of some nasty new plag with medicine making to cure it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:15:24 am by Tierre »

sethcor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: May 21, 2012, 11:41:49 am »

Not sure if this is the mod or DF general but i keep having items made of frozen blood. (clothing, rope, cloth, armor, weapons ect) in the caravans.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:52 am »

Is it possible to see the whole text in the workshops? Because i cant figure out some things.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 749