Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838298 times)

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I meant don't use the new x4 coke reaction, just keep it the same as it was, and keep the Masterwork reactions the same. Does that make any sense? I'm not that great with numbers  :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It makes sense if coke was only needed for smelting, since there is 4 times less smelting to be done, and there is 4 times less coal. So that makes sense. But you also need coke for every smithing you do. Every armor, sword, metal something you create.

Today took the normal numbers by 3, so 1 bituminous coal gives 9 bars of coke now, lignite gives 5. I will add it for 1.9.1 for 34.09, it is not too much work. It is really the only thing in the raws, in 10 minutes I am done with that.

MAC Version is updated to 1.9 for 34.08, linux as well. I will also upload a windows version 1.9 for 34.08, without dfhack, since they will release a 34.09 compatible version and skip the 34.08. Uploading just now.

EDIT: Upload cancelled at 52%, and again...

Changelog for my next version 1.9.1 with dfhack and such...
 - Updated to 34.09!
 - Bituminous coal give 9 bars now, lignite 5 bars.
 - Compact peat gives twice as many bars now, Anthracite gives 12 bars. Overkill anyone ?
 - Blast furnace now makes batches of 15(lignite) 27(biuminous) 12(peat) and 36(anthracite) coke.

- Still To Do - mouse fortress, dfhack, therapist updates for 34.09

EDIT2:I think I will put anthrazite somewhat deeper into the earth and give it a different layer, so you can find it on maps without lignite/bituminous. Makes more sense as well, since it is a better form of coal, so it should be harder/deeper to find.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:13:36 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's true about smithing. That's when I usually get low on it. That's a good idea for anthracite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

- Win, Mac and Linux Support
 - Updated to 34.08
 - Spiked and bladed minecarts
 - NO dfhack
 - Two new super-metals: Volcanic and Bifrost
 - Create volcanic items in the great magma forge
 - Work bifrost bars from dead frost giants
 - Gemworkshop splitted into Gemcutter and Gemforge
 - New grass, Evil and Good region design. Hope you like it.

Spoiler: Full Changelog (click to show/hide)

Special Thanks
Zenerbufen for his fast linux and mac updates. And the idea of the html-based manual. :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:52:05 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sorry for the double post, but I just have a generall question, and it has been a while since I asked that directly:

Do you, the community, like where the mod is going ? Do you like the latest changes, from 1.7 to 1.9 ? What is good, what is bad, what would you have done differently ? Anything you like to see added, changed ?

thereadlines

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Confirming that the Linux port works for me, at least. I'll play with it some more later tonight. I still see Turrets.png in /data/graphics, and as I have always lowercased in the past, I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.

Is anyone looking for some help making a Linux-compatible GUI for this (Meph or zenerbufen, specifically)? It seems like a Qt or Java implementation would be simple enough. Sorry if this has been asked before.

thereadlines

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Confirming that the Linux port works for me, at least. I'll play with it some more later tonight. I still see Turrets.png in /data/graphics raw/graphics, and as I have always lowercased in the past, I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.

Apologies. Turrets.png is in /raw/graphics. Sorry, it's been a long day.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, you really should think about changing your versionning, it is damn confusing when the .X of yours if nearly always the .X-1 df version^^

That said, I can't wait to try the new carts, so I'll dig right into it now, thanks again for the mod and the rapid port for every version.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Pah, its not my fault when Today jumps from 31 to 34, and then skips the 34.03 all together. :P Will change with the big V2 of Masterwork anyway, but I have to think of something special for that one ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:37:19 pm by Meph »

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, I've noticed Masterwork comes with an older version of Soundsense. Is that intentional?

I have to think of something special for that one ;)

!!Mounts for Dwarves!! >:O
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:40:19 pm by Draevos »

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

You know I think the diseases might be a bit unbalanced. A migrant wave comes in, next thing you know everybody is vomiting or going into a rage or both! If one or two people started then it slowly spread then you might have a chance to build the right ward or chain up the rage victims. First time I got rage all but 3 of my dudes went berserk and the fortress fell.

The current system seems too simple, everybody gets sick, no time to build a ward and it happens too frequently. I build wells and have soap but that doesn't seem to help. If it wasn't for DFHack 'clean all' command I'd be cleaning vomit up for the next year! 

*edit*

yeah, no, I think I'll be turning diseases off now and starting a new world again. 3rd time in 3 years I've got rage flu and it's not fun, I built the wards but it didn't help, still got people vomiting from last season and now this again? It just happens too often and there isn't really much you can do about it so I'm not enjoying it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:16:56 pm by SAFry »

Beach Bum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been using this mod for a while and really enjoy it, plus my FPS seems to stay higher for longer with it which doesn't hurt either.

I actually switched to this from the Lazy Newb Pack, and one thing I really like about that is the alternate keybinds that are included with it. Is there any way something like that could be added to this mod? I usually just steal the .txt file from LNP and add it in but doing so broke some of the new minecart/wheelbarrow keybinds going from 34.07 to 34.08/34.09 because they don't have a new one out yet for me to borrow. I'd certainly appreciate it because it makes playing the game on my laptop a lot simpler by eliminating the constant need to hit shift to move z-levels and move the cursor on things like the trade screen. Thanks again for the awesome mod.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Beach Bum
I actually switched to this from the Lazy Newb Pack, and one thing I really like about that is the alternate keybinds that are included with it. Is there any way something like that could be added to this mod? I usually just steal the .txt file from LNP and add it in but doing so broke some of the new minecart/wheelbarrow keybinds going from 34.07 to 34.08/34.09 because they don't have a new one out yet for me to borrow. I'd certainly appreciate it because it makes playing the game on my laptop a lot simpler by eliminating the constant need to hit shift to move z-levels and move the cursor on things like the trade screen. Thanks again for the awesome mod.

Ditto that. I've never played your mod without LNP keybinds, that would be a great option.
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

- All fuel/coke producing reactions are untouched, because of logic. If everything makes 4 times as much bars, then you need 4 times less coal to make the same amount of bars. And since coal drops only

Not true. 34.09 has the coal updated, because making coke is a (cue big font) reaction and not a smelting job.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 749