Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837771 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I am getting Close to the cause of the crashes. I turned off most of what Masterwork adds and slowly adding them while doing a Long World Gen on a Medium world. I already Genned one to full without things turned on, I then turned on the Creatures list and crashed. Currently double checking that it is with the creatures list and then going one by one though them...

Hmmm... Interesting so far. Will Let you know, so far genned the world fully everytime, half way through the Creature's list too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Meph I have an Idea, I hope you see this next you log on. Make your utility be able to output all settings and their options to a .txt file, so users can post what they use when they encounter a problem. I don't know what prog. lang. you use to write your utility but some file I/O would be great for requesting settings. If file I/O seems like too much make a message box, or a text field/box that allows for copy/paste and a button to query the settings.

There is a save setting option (File/Save Settings) but I cannot figure out where it saves the settings.  I was hoping it saved to an .ini or .txt file somewhere but no luck....

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just force-embarked on a Drow base.

HOW DID YOU MAKE A CUSTOM SITE?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Meph I have an Idea, I hope you see this next you log on. Make your utility be able to output all settings and their options to a .txt file, so users can post what they use when they encounter a problem. I don't know what prog. lang. you use to write your utility but some file I/O would be great for requesting settings. If file I/O seems like too much make a message box, or a text field/box that allows for copy/paste and a button to query the settings.

There is a save setting option (File/Save Settings) but I cannot figure out where it saves the settings.  I was hoping it saved to an .ini or .txt file somewhere but no luck....
I looked too, No Dice.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked too, No Dice.
That options writes to init.txt and d_init.txt

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Meph, I will test the burrow bug thoroughly with various mods. I will make a separate thread for it. Have you found anything else out yet?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just genned a world with like 20+ Necro Towers in one area, some sitting next to each other on the world map. Sadly it doesn't include any of the Special races other then Evil Dwarves and Humans. So Not sure about this one, gonna grab the seed and add the Special Races. Also went for 550 years... ^_^
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st linux port, 1.8
Includes base game, with masterwork mod installed with default settings, and the extra graphics packs. You can apply them by copying over the folders and updating the ini's how you would normally install a graphics pack but the ones included are of course modified to work with masterwork.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Masterwork is great! But I am very attached to Herrbdog tileset - is there any way I can use it playing Masterwork?
Yes. You can use any tile set you want. It's the graphics sets (creatures) that you have to watch out for. All the new creatures added by the mod have to be accounted for from what I understand. Tilesets go in /data/art choose current tile set by editing /data/init/init.txt

Cancer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

There was a post a while ago about dorfs failing to equip greaves.  I've run into the same problem, some of my dorfs just don't want to put on the shiny metal pants.  I think I've found a solution.  I noticed that the dorfs who failed to put on plate greaves would strip out of their trousers, put on greaves, but then take the greaves off immediately to put the trousers back on.  They'd go back and forth for a little while, then give up leaving the greaves behind. 

I upped the [layer_permit] value on plate greaves from 4 to 49.  Boom.  Dorfs put on the greaves. 

You may now commence fearing the girded loins of my doubty warriors. 

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just force-embarked on a Drow base.

HOW DID YOU MAKE A CUSTOM SITE?

He isn't using a custom site. Sites are hardcoded. If you have a look at the RAWs you'll see he has their site set to city (so they actually show up in the world), and also lets them build tombs/forts.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG LOL!!!
An Undead Elf Fanatic Sorcerer cast a Fire spell or something, a Wave of Fire covered my area, the Trade Depo outside, naturally about to be burned down, I wanted to sit and watch the chaos, the Flames begin to cover the Depo...

"SAVING GAME!!!"

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for spamming the thread, but I've started a masterwork community fort here. Some of you may be interested. We have zombies!
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I think it might be the Illithads that are causing crashes...
I put all the things I wanted in and took them out and easily genned the world...

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I think it might be the Illithads that are causing crashes...
I put all the things I wanted in and took them out and easily genned the world...

You got my hope up. I removed illithids and still crashed during world gen.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 749