Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837617 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok I'm def running into problems.  I keep crashing repeatedly during worldgen.  I've tried both regular and advanced options and get CTD's during the history generating phase of worldgen.  I've tried several different setups in both generator options, and can't seem to bull my way through the world gen. I've also downloaded the update twice to make sure it wasn't caused by a corrupted download. Again, only seems to happen though as the worldgen is going through the history phase.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

ok I'm def running into problems.  I keep crashing repeatedly during worldgen.  I've tried both regular and advanced options and get CTD's during the history generating phase of worldgen.  I've tried several different setups in both generator options, and can't seem to bull my way through the world gen. I've also downloaded the update twice to make sure it wasn't caused by a corrupted download. Again, only seems to happen though as the worldgen is going through the history phase.
stop it at 50 years, it could be there is too much for DF and it overloads it'self and crashes. I had that with a vanilla copy, got to year 111 and crash

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stop it at 50 years, it could be there is too much for DF and it overloads it'self and crashes. I had that with a vanilla copy, got to year 111 and crash

*Nods* I'll try that I guess though the crashes happen most consistantly between 20-60 years, though I have had a couple make it past 100 and one past 200.  I've had crashes occasionally in the earlier versions of Masterwork I have played, but this has been a consistent thing every single time in this version.  Like before it'd happen maybe 1 in 20 gens, in this one I haven't gotten one that hasn't crashed yet.

edit: ok just genned a world with a very short history and made it through, guess I'll keep going through the years in advanced mode and see if I can't get a more focused timeframe in when the crashes hit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:32:21 pm by corrosivechains »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

*Nods* I'll try that I guess though the crashes happen most consistantly between 20-60 years, though I have had a couple make it past 100 and one past 200.  I've had crashes occasionally in the earlier versions of Masterwork I have played, but this has been a consistent thing every single time in this version.  Like before it'd happen maybe 1 in 20 gens, in this one I haven't gotten one that hasn't crashed yet.

edit: ok just genned a world with a very short history and made it through, guess I'll keep going through the years in advanced mode and see if I can't get a more focused timeframe in when the crashes hit.
I think Meph had posted or found a fix for that by using some sort of mem hack to let DF use more RAM, more RAM gives it more room to hold all that genned data

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestions/Bugs:

Creatures all have CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL.  This disagrees with standard vanilla DF which uses LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT in nearly every circumstance and leads to more differences between the files than absolutely must be.  Plus, it generally doesn't add anything to the equation.

Regex search and replace (in all files except inorganic_masterwork.txt):
Code: [Select]
Find: CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:
Replace: LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:

This does not disable the exotic, rare, studded, and llamelar animal tissues (due to the extra ":"), and won't mess up the inorganics if you don't mess with that one file (might as well ignore every inorganic_*.txt file there).

The regexes are nice and all, but if I remember correctly the CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL tags are there for the benefit of generic animal products. Replacing it with LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT reintroduces animal specific products which are unwanted in Masterwork. Generic animal products shortens lists and helps fps.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Meph had posted or found a fix for that by using some sort of mem hack to let DF use more RAM, more RAM gives it more room to hold all that genned data

Well derp, I didn't think to put in the LAA dwarf fortress .exe...and yeah I do have it *chuckles*.  I have done some testing though, so far my results for 50 year world gen, large island advanced option, years generated only change:
1. crash at 39
2. successful load
3. crash at 18
4. successful load
5. successful load
6. crash at 23
7. successful load
8. crash at 12
9. crash at 42
10. successful load.

Started in on 100 year gens, but now gonna stick in the LAA exe and see what that does.

edit: Even with the LAA tagged .exe and even flagging the .exe with the LAA patcher program I'm still getting frequent crashes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:37:22 pm by corrosivechains »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since Meph is so awesome in his work on his mod, here is an early release of a project I am working on for Meph to go along with the 1.8 release. Mac native release of Masterwork 1.8 If any of you are adventurous and want to help test the new mac port give that a go, and let me know how it works. The mac version of Dwarf Therapist is included.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:08:31 pm by zenerbufen »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

So, concubines give birth to dwarves? Is that right?

Also, new technical issue with the GUI: It can't find a version of runtime to open "this application." Erm...I really have no clue what's going on.
And unfortunately, unless you provide us with EXACT error messages, and actually try the suggestions we give you and report back the effect we won't be able to help you with your problem. Sorry. The 'runtimes' that are required to 'initialize' the program are included in the microsoft .net runtime. Did you goto http://www.microsoft.com/net and download the runtimes? These files are not included by default in most versions of windows.
I downloaded the installer...thingy and ran it. The exact error message is "Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really! I download this a hour before the new one?

I hate you Meph.  :)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

The regexes are nice and all, but if I remember correctly the CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL tags are there for the benefit of generic animal products. Replacing it with LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT reintroduces animal specific products which are unwanted in Masterwork. Generic animal products shortens lists and helps fps.

Oh is THAT what that is?  MY bad.  I hadn't realized that was intentional behavior, and thought it might be a holdover from a previous version.

It could still be switched on and off from the other menu that controls the FPS options tho.  Maybe I'm one of those people who actually like rhino leather armor eh?

I'm not... but I could be...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:52:37 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the installer...thingy and ran it. The exact error message is "Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application."

Download this file. unzip it into the same directory as Masterwork Settings.exe

This config file will tell masterwork to use any currently released version of the framework that is installed. Even if it's newer than the version Meph used.

If masterwork still refuses to run, head back over to microsofts website and download version 2.0

I'm 95% sure 2.0 is the version masterworks looks for since it is mentioned in the source code, but I have 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 installed (for various other apps) so I'm not 100% sure which one Masterworks using.

If that still doesn't work then you have a corrupt .net install and we will have to 'repair' it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:52:48 pm by zenerbufen »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

As far as suggestions:

More playable race options.  It's well and good that you have all these cool things for the Dwarves, but what if I want to kick back and play a human town game every now and again.  Because that, I really do enjoy.  I like making the humans, elves, goblins, and kobolds distinct and functional.

Basically all that is missing in that respect is adding some better positions to the other races, whatever reactions and buildings which make sense for that race, and the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.  It's really not "very hard", and opens up a lot of options.

Plus, making each race that is playable unique and functional means they have more varied and sensible trade goods.

... jus a though...
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, more races. I wanna truely show those dwarves elves whos the boss! Dwarven Steel is no match for kobold..hahaha, I cant finish that sentance, oh god too funny! Kobold intelligence my arse!

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I read about how golems will flee from enemies in the wiki. Isn't that rather easy to fix with a [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag, or something? Or me and the wiki are just outdated.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as suggestions:

More playable race options.  It's well and good that you have all these cool things for the Dwarves, but what if I want to kick back and play a human town game every now and again.  Because that, I really do enjoy.  I like making the humans, elves, goblins, and kobolds distinct and functional.

Basically all that is missing in that respect is adding some better positions to the other races, whatever reactions and buildings which make sense for that race, and the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.  It's really not "very hard", and opens up a lot of options.

Plus, making each race that is playable unique and functional means they have more varied and sensible trade goods.

... jus a though...

Def like this idea as well.  I think it'd be awesome to be able to manage an Orc Warband, or a group of Ferric Elves rebuilding/restarting, or even a pack of Badgermen outdwarfing the Dwarves :P.  Hell, even a Kobold nest seems like it could be !FUN!.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 749