Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837526 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 - I am online, juhu
« Reply #3885 on: May 05, 2012, 05:03:21 pm »

In fortress mode pressing the (b)uild key will crash the game

This is a Dwarf Fortress bug. Change the zoom level, or turn off true type fonts.
How exactly would I go about turning off TrueType fonts? I was playing on normal zoom, replicated it multiple times and was able to play regular df.
i never notice mine crashing when in normal zoom...
Bug only effects Mac/Linux, with TrueType on, at normal zoom, in the build menu.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 -NEW POLL
« Reply #3886 on: May 05, 2012, 05:09:54 pm »

@greatwyrmgod: Concubines get children without being married, allowing for fast repopulation of the fortress.

@werdna: That is alright. I know it is not realistic, but it has a strategic gameplay value.

@tahujdt: I will SO test this, and if this is true, what I do suspect, then you are the greatest hero. :) This would explain so much, and I could finally offer a solution for this. It would probably affect any custom workshop in any mod. (?)

@AVE: Thanks. These are artefacts, the report is nice, I can actually see which ones I can delete. I hit the 1000 reactions-mark by now btw. :)

@Tsuchigumo550&Milkboy: Good ideas. I cant really apply poison to weapons though, only to ammo. Poison coating is more difficult, and require micromanagement by the actual player, dumping the content of a container on a weapon stockpile. I will think about it. And deadly food that is not edible, but edible_vermin is an excellent idea, but I sadly think that it would not work. But maybe I can do pesticides with clouds/vapors that only affect vermin.

FUTURE OF THE MOD:

SUMMARY OF THE CURRENT CHANGES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It might be that the time of has been good for my modding skills, or it is just the sleep deprivation, but I feel like I am flying. Alchemy is done. Illithids are done. Pet Armory... done. Workshop overhaul... done. Here some pics:

MASSIVE LIST OF PICTURES

Oh, and if you did not notice: All the buildings guides for the new stuff... DONE. :)

So, here the changelog from yesterday:

- Sacrifice Weapon/Armor reactions in Temple have three times more weapon/armor types as products then before
 - NEW: GOLEMS FORGE
 - Three golem kinds: Sword, Hammer and Spear.
   - Slightly more expensive, you need 4 mechanisms for the cast now, and 1 weapon of the chosen material
   - Since the boiling stone does not always work, the weapon is preserved 75% of the time
 - Golems can be upgraded with more strength, speed or AoE stun attacks using clockwork dropped by Automatons
 - Golem can be repaired using mechanisms. Lost limbs are lost however.
 - Golems lose oil (harmless) and hydraulical fluid. If too much hydraulical fluid is lost, the golem "bleeds" to death
 - Custom named body tissues, if piping/major pipes break the golem might bleed to death.
 - Added 3 inorganic materials back in: Rocksalt, Cinnabar and Realgar. Used for salt, mercury and arsenic
 - NEW: ALCHEMY LAB
 - Two new tools for dwarves: [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PESTLE] & [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MORTAR] for alchemy.
 - Find 6 ingredients: Cinnabar, Realgar, Rocksalt, Olivine, Potash, Silver
 - Refine those into: Mercury, Arsenic, Salt, Magnesium, Saltpeter, Truesilver
 - Make a philosophers stone from those. 10% success chance.
 - Distill the philosophers stone into the elixir of life, which regrowths limbs, fully heals and gives no_aging.
 - Use any metal to extract the metal-aether from it.
 - Use the philosophers stone and aether to make new metal. The philosopher stone is preserved.
 - This means if you have 1 bar of a specific metal, you can slowly make unlimited amounts.
 - Distill Tears of Armok into drinks that give constant! +10% speed, no_dizziness and no_exert.
 - NEW: PET ARMORY
 - You can now armor pets in iron or steel.
 - Armor casts are now made of 5 bars, 4 mechanisms, 4 chains and 2 daggers. Try to visualise it. :)
 - Ironclad pets can be bought at embark, steelclad pets you must create yourself.
 - Made the new buildings guides for all changes
 - Made building guide for Fish Farm. Was somehow missing before.
 - Made "conduct experiment (random item) easier. No fuel needed and one stone instead of 1 flux
 - 3 new Reactions for the Shrine: Pray for Water(for the injured), Pray for Riches (gems), Pray for Silk (for moods)
 - 3 new Reactions for the Temple: Perform Ceremony of Armoks Blessing, Courage and Wrath
   - All three function the same way as diseases and spread through the fortress. With positive effects.
   - Blessing gives minor boost to speed, strength, endurance and agility
   - Courage gives no_fear, no_pain and likesfighting
   - Wrath give no_emotion (sic!) stopping tantruming. Shows armoks wrath against his stupid underlings
   - Only one can be active at a given time
 - Raised time of positive effect from upgraded drinks. Now last 1 month.
 - Renamed creatures used for evil race version to: Chaos dwarf, elf fanatic, bandit (human), deep drow. This way you can identify them more easily. Otherwise still the same, modded the chaos dwarves slightly to remove the caste system.
 - Set Warlocks to OFF by default
 - Removed undead invaders, because vanilla offers undead invasion already
 - NEW: ILLITHIDS
 - A tentacle-faced spellcaster race that make your dwarves berserk. UNTESTED IN FORTRESS MODE, FEEDBACK MORE THEN WELCOME
 - Known from Genesis, but heavily modded, including custom sprites.
 - Illithids, unarmed/almost unarmored, should in the end replace undeads and warlock invaders. This is a test for them.
 - Added Illithid button to launcher.
 - Changed some toys to tools to give them proper tiles, instead of default "toy" tile
 - Illithids now drop brains upon death.

Yep, you heard me right, this was done in one day. All untested, but errorlog is clean, and the alchemy I did test, works fine. All creatures just tested in arena so far, work fine as well. I did restard the poll, since I finished the highest 3 voted topics and the golems from it, so have another vote if you like :)

NEXT PROJECT: Base industries upon invaders.

Goblins/Kobolds/Orcs are normal, nothing to see here, go along.
Illithids drop illithid brains, basis for some biological/magical stuff (?)
Automatons drop clockwork parts, basis for mechanical/constructs
Frost Giants drop ... dry ice, some kind of essence/aether (?) SUGGESTIONS WELCOME

That way fighting fortresses get access to better stuff, and cowards that lock themselves in wont be able to access it. Seems fair to me.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 -NEW POLL
« Reply #3887 on: May 05, 2012, 05:12:06 pm »

Slaves can be fixed, so they do eat and drink. Are you also saying you can't place them in coffins?

why cant we have an option that makes them explode,its a option so lol if you dont want that its just a few clicks away.
That would be Meph's department, are you saying you want slaves strapped with explosives?

the SPAGETI monsters are comming!(says the king)

why cant we have SPAGETI monsters in the masterwork mod (says link)

1because there i3s no reason to stop th3em from doing s7o.
Food monsters? Sounds like something DF would randomly generate
and 1337, doesn't he/she do alot of YTP using zelda stuff? Lol

@GreatWyrmGold
Concubines are my guess a female caste of dwarf that doen't need marriage to breed, so tired of only having married couples give children. Get a few of these baby spawners

Then Ninja'd by Meph

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

So, concubines give birth to dwarves? Is that right?

Also, new technical issue with the GUI: It can't find a version of runtime to open "this application." Erm...I really have no clue what's going on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Hmmm, maybe Meph has been replaced by one of his Golems?  Obviously he is a machine!

Awesome work Meph, thanks for doing all this for us.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

• Ironhand tileset !
  • Evil Races - Evil Doppelgangers of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Drow to fight
  • Alchemy. Find the philosophers stone, brew the elixir of life and create matter from nothing.
  • 14 armored pets. Now in Iron or Steel, with healing interaction.
  • 21 Golems. Sword, Hammer, Spear, with 7 different materials.
  • 8 Plagues that ravage your fortress. Battle them with medical wards.
  • 6 new religious reactions. Pray for silk, water or gems, and perform ceremonies for fortresswide stat boosts.
  • Cult of the Carp God, lovecraftian-style hidden enemy.
  • Better Brick Oven for Megaprojects, makes all possible colors now.
  • Thatchery, make furniture from plant wicker.
  • Automatons redone from scratch. New everything.
  • Undead Invaders replaced with Illithid Spellcaster Race
  • Includes the 10 best-rated stories from dfstories.com.
  • Includes LegendsViewer and PerfectWorld Utilities.
  • GUI allows Concubines, Bodyguards, Diseases and more to be toggled.
  • Many, many rebalances and bugfixes.

Special Thanks
To cc and his thatchery idea. Also thanks at deon for his brilliant illithids, although I did butcher the raws for them a bit.

Notes
This Version is untested. I thought about doing a long testrun, but I think I go back this time to the old way of releasing it and having hundrets of testers who can give me feedback and point me in the right direction, while I work on the next features. I hope this is ok for you. I am mostly interested on the balancing, how Illithids and Golems, and the Alchemy system will work out. Same goes for diseases and the Cult of the Carp God. Have fun. :) Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Full Changelog:

Known Issues:
 - Manual not yet updated.
 - Illithids drop brains that are not used for anything... yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, concubines give birth to dwarves? Is that right?

Also, new technical issue with the GUI: It can't find a version of runtime to open "this application." Erm...I really have no clue what's going on.
And unfortunately, unless you provide us with EXACT error messages, and actually try the suggestions we give you and report back the effect we won't be able to help you with your problem. Sorry. The 'runtimes' that are required to 'initialize' the program are included in the microsoft .net runtime. Did you goto http://www.microsoft.com/net and download the runtimes? These files are not included by default in most versions of windows.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just to bump this, I will post a mis-spelling.

On landmines, it saids "eplading."

THERE, I DID NOT BUMP, I SIMPLY BROUGHT A ISSUE TO THE TABLE.

I bumped.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just looked in the raws of elf trade super-pets. Those pets should be everywhere and pet-dragons should kill everything living..... How did you make them not kill everyone and to be only elf trainable?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:12:15 pm by Tierre »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Hm this is looking interesting again now that it's progressed more. I'll have to try it out again.

The only thing that I can still think of off the top of my head that still irks me now though is the special combat logs. Making references to like al capone and such while playing dwarf fortress really really really kills that mood.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to throw in more ores of iron or bronze, or some way to make it. I simply CANNOT find anything but copper ores. Synthetic iron would be wonderful.....
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thankee kindly Meph, downloading now, and excited to see the changes.

As to the voting though, the way you're churning things out, why even have us vote?  You'll end up having everything done by next week :P.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Suggestions/Bugs:

The ever-present and ubiquitous creatures in every biome could be a switchable feature.
Standard Regex search-and-replace would be:
Code: [Select]
Find: \[POPULATION_NUMBER:30000:30000\]\[UBIQUITOUS\]([0-9]+?:[0-9]+?)\]
Replace: [POPULATION_NUMBER:\1]

Find: \[FREQUENCY:100\]([0-9]+?)\]
Replace: [FREQUENCY:\1]

To turn it back on, the code would be:
Find: \[POPULATION_NUMBER:([0-9]+?:[0-9]+?)\]
Replace: [POPULATION_NUMBER:30000:30000][UBIQUITOUS]\1]

Find: \[FREQUENCY:([0-9]+?)\]
Replace: [FREQUENCY:100]\1]

Creatures all have CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL.  This disagrees with standard vanilla DF which uses LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT in nearly every circumstance and leads to more differences between the files than absolutely must be.  Plus, it generally doesn't add anything to the equation.

Regex search and replace (in all files except inorganic_masterwork.txt):
Find: CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:
Replace: LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:

This does not disable the exotic, rare, studded, and llamelar animal tissues (due to the extra ":"), and won't mess up the inorganics if you don't mess with that one file (might as well ignore every inorganic_*.txt file there).

Creepers are interesting, but should probably be off by default.  This isn't Minecraft, after all ;)

Turning off Castes does not automatically disable the the Guildhall.  Without the Castes, it serves no function that I can tell.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:07:41 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creepers are interesting, but should probably be off by default.  This isn't Minecraft, after all ;)

Thatssssssss a nice fortress you got there.....would be a shame if something happened to it.......

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

It is... and it would be :(
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 749