Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837542 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 - I am online, juhu
« Reply #3870 on: May 04, 2012, 11:26:30 pm »

The problem is that the GUI crashes before it can load, or whatever failing to initialize means.

What is the EXACT error message you are getting?
The Application Failed To Initialize Properly
Means that you do not have the .net framework installed, or it is installed improperly and must be reinstalled.
Is your .net framework installed and up to date? microsoft.com/net

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 -NEW POLL
« Reply #3871 on: May 05, 2012, 12:35:16 am »

+1 for Workshop overhaul.

Also, I think it would be cool for you to release in increments.  Make these releases tagged Beta.  And when you got enough for an official release, just release them total.  I'd guess release everything finished when the next DF version comes out, or before.  That way we will have all the cool current stuff to play with while you update to next version.

Wanna say thanks for this mod, and awesome job with getting ironhand.  I was going to do this.. but after looking at everything involved I was like , eh.  You sir, rock.  Enjoy your trip.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 05, 2012, 07:26:45 am »

I wanted to use a little part of this mod myself - some changes are a bit too extreme i think:) But i got my DF heavily modded and i want to implement something to my version manually. As i see the only way is to backup a non modded version of masterwork and then compare it to slightly modded parts to see what is left to do. Is there an easier method?

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #3873 on: May 05, 2012, 07:48:59 am »

I'd love to see poisoned weapons, though I'm not sure how/if they'd work. Would a sword made of a toxic syndrome material affect things that it cuts? Hopefully it wouldn't affect the weilder too , haha, as that would be bad.

Another suggestion I have...is please change the names of the advanced alloys! Welded Metal seems so plain for some of the best metals in the game. Slademantine is fine of course, but the others could do with cool name upgrades.
It's up to you ultimately, but I had some suggestions if you don't feel like thinking them up.
Orihalcum could be in there somewhere, either as the Cobalt alloy or the Mithril one. It's another mythological metal. Technically it was supposed to be an alloy of bronze, but we can use poetic license. It was historically coloured pink from the copper if you wanted to keep the colour.
Silver-Steel was another word in Tolkien for Mithril. Mithril was in fact just the elven word for the metal, Silver-Steel presumably being the human word for it.. Seeing how our alloy is made from mithril and steel, it seems fitting.
Varium is just Varia + -ium, Varia being the greek word for heavy. This could do for the wolfram alloy. In fact you could do with for all the metals. Greek and Latin sound cool and vaguely mythic no matter the word. Nitidus is the latin word for shiny, that sounds cool as heck for the chrome alloy, doesn't it?
Awemedinite, from the story of Cacame Awemedinade obviously.

Anyhow, upto you to name them, if indeed you want to change the names at all.

While I'm on the topic though:

Iridium in real life is a highly radioactive substance: Is this the same material as in the mod? I'm a little put off by the name, draping my dwarves in radioactive cloaks and whatnot (personally I changed the name my self to orichalhum so it seemed a little more mystical).

I haven't found any meteoric iron at all in my last few forts. Is anyone else not encountering it?
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 05, 2012, 07:51:26 am »

It seems like the syndrome arrows work, so I think Chemistry would be a nice addition. Things like using certain extracts to create:
 trap components (Spears with hornet venom, anyone?)
 mines that when stepped on spew the toxin everywhere in the form of a cloud
 The ability to build venom bottles as a trap. When exposed to fire, heat, or a lever, it gasses things.

Non-venom changes:
 The ability to distill "dirty" water, in ways such as building a filter.
 Making "pesticides" that are much like the venom bottle traps, except they kill [vermin] only. Made from some kind of venom?

I'd like to see a chemistry addition of the poison bottle traps as a trap component at the trap workshop, but that's up to you. That might require adding colors for the toxic gasses, idk about that.

Magic, I voted for the first "change them to be different wizards" thing.

I figure that they're fine as they are, but this is the Masterwork mod. Methinks it needs a slight overhaul to at least not look like the same attacks. That's just me though.

Magic buildings? Derp. Didn't read the "building". I have no idea what to do there.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:55:58 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 05, 2012, 08:13:40 am »

A bit of shameless self-promotion. I have a tool that does some checks to help integration of mod into entity file.

So, some log output from my tool with raws taken from this mod.

Reactions and buildings check:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Explanation of some error output: if mentioned building is a decoration, it is fine and there is no error.

Cross-check for MOUNTAIN entity:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Explanation of some error output: if mentioned building is a decoration, it is fine and there is no error; some adventure-mode reactions are omitted from loading and thus mentioned as errors (they are defined in entity, though). If some reactions are defined in extended files and loaded on (first) startup, then they are mentioned as errors too.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 05, 2012, 09:08:01 am »

In fortress mode pressing the (b)uild key will crash the game

This is a Dwarf Fortress bug. Change the zoom level, or turn off true type fonts.
How exactly would I go about turning off TrueType fonts? I was playing on normal zoom, replicated it multiple times and was able to play regular df.

i never notice mine crashing when in normal zoom...

Push F12 to turn off true type fonts, or *change* the zoom. The crash usually only happens at normal zoom. Zooming in or out, (mouse wheel/two fingers on the touch pad up or down) will also stop it from crashing. Regular dwarf fortress by default has true type set to off. If you turn it on I guarantee your vanilla df will start crashing as well.

Hope this helps.
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 05, 2012, 10:01:39 am »

never, never never ever slaves.

JESUS.
they dont eat, they dont drink, they throw one tantrum after the other.

i killed them all, and yeah, ghosts everywhere..

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3878 on: May 05, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

Slaves can be fixed, so they do eat and drink. Are you also saying you can't place them in coffins?

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 05, 2012, 11:17:03 am »

Slaves can be fixed, so they do eat and drink. Are you also saying you can't place them in coffins?

why cant we have an option that makes them explode,its a option so lol if you dont want that its just a few clicks away.
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 05, 2012, 11:20:19 am »

the SPAGETI monsters are comming!(says the king)

why cant we have SPAGETI monsters in the masterwork mod (says link)

1because there i3s no reason to stop th3em from doing s7o.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 05, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »

I HAVE FIXED THE WORKSHOPS BUG!

What happens is, when a ☼Masterwork workshop☼ is in a burrow, it can only draw upon items in that burrow. It does not matter whether the burrow is active or not. So, the solution is to stockpile items close to the workshop, or rearrange the burrows.

I discovered this when I was setting up a music stage in my dining room. This was far underground, and my goods stockpile was up near the depot, not covered by my burrows.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 05, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »

Being a big fan of the glass stuff, I would really love to see what could come out of it, now that you changed various other industries.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 05, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

Hi Meph, I think the Crucible is working a little funny - the "Make Steel Bars (3) - Flux" reaction is taking a single pig iron bar, a coal, and three flux stones, and producing three bars of steel!  Not sure if that's a mistake or intended, but you simply can't get three bars of metal from one.  Flux is simply an agent that helps clean impurities from metal and help make it flow smoother.  Realism aside, its a little unbalanced as well, since flux stone tends to occur in massive quantities on maps.

The other reaction, "Make Steel Bars (3) - Pig Iron", seems to work fine and is reasonable.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 05, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

The problem is that the GUI crashes before it can load, or whatever failing to initialize means.

What is the EXACT error message you are getting?
The Application Failed To Initialize Properly
Means that you do not have the .net framework installed, or it is installed improperly and must be reinstalled.
That's pretty much it. Different grammatical structure, same idea.

Is your .net framework installed and up to date? microsoft.com/net

...Maybe?

EDIT: Also, what are concubines supposed to do again?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:19:46 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 749