Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837165 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3720 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:16 am »

Meph, any updates on making the Living Stone and Fungus Stone something less fanciful???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 25, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »

is it possible to take the armor off an animal? like an armored horse and how if so?

dark stranglers are imbalanced in my opinion, first year summer and i get a siege of 10, 9 swordsman and a bowman
each swordsman has a zweihander, breastplate, cap and 3 round shields ranging in bronze to steel/meteoric
i know this might not be the right forum topic but... i'll add it in when/if i reach year 5 on the other forum thread :p
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: April 25, 2012, 05:09:25 pm »

The only way I know is to butcher them, and even then I think the 'armor' is merely a body part!  I believe armored horses are simply a separate creature-type with the armor defined as a new, resistant body part.

Dark stranglers from FD shouldn't have armor or weapons.  They're supposed to be a very early-arriving, but very easy siege of 4-armed wrestlers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:12:16 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

ahyatt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 25, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »

I'm excited to try the new Mac version, yet when I unzipped it, it appeared to be the Windows version instead (.bat and .exe files, etc).  Hopefully someone will fix this issue soon...

edited: OK, just realized that it is the Mac version, but for some reason includes some Windows stuff as well.  Not sure why, but it works well enough without touching those things.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:41:46 pm by ahyatt »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 25, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »

they...definitely had weapons, got 2 steel zweihanders lol
took them out due to cage trap spam and i got lucky with an oathbound being 1 of my 7 starting dwarfs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i haven't done any modding.. at least that i can remember to this folder of mw df
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: April 25, 2012, 07:13:56 pm »

The only way I know is to butcher them, and even then I think the 'armor' is merely a body part!  I believe armored horses are simply a separate creature-type with the armor defined as a new, resistant body part.
Yes. It's a transformation to a tougher creature type (or buying/taming that creature outright). As it stands it's not equipment, so you can't get it back if they die/are butchered. But there's some things that can be done with the EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT tag.
Hmm. Worth looking into, actually.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 25, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »

Emmm...

Am I supposed to make "Deadly trap block wall"?

EDIT:Or Collapsed brick block?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: April 25, 2012, 08:45:34 pm »

I'm excited to try the new Mac version, yet when I unzipped it, it appeared to be the Windows version instead (.bat and .exe files, etc).  Hopefully someone will fix this issue soon...

The actual df executable is the mac version. It includes the masterwork mod, however the utilities to change the settings and many other of the items included are all windows versions.

You can still enjoy masterwork on the mac using the default settings, just double-click -> df
It can be found inside the Dwarf Fortresss folder of the archive.

Also all the guide's and readme's are not in the folder of the same name, some can be found in MasterworkDwarfFortress/content

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 25, 2012, 09:28:24 pm »

So need some advice.

Pretty much all my forts are failing late in year two.  Reason is... Forgotten Beast, or Titans.  I'm yet to even see a siege ingame.  I even upped my beats spawn limiter from the 30population limit in the pregen world options to 50. 

Any tips? thoughts?  I did finally kill one ice mega beast... but somehow he had set the coal that the merchant who got killed on fire... which in turn.. I couldn't figure out how to remove/put out.. so dwarves slowly died of what seemed to be smoke inhalation.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 25, 2012, 09:42:18 pm »

they...definitely had weapons, got 2 steel zweihanders lol
took them out due to cage trap spam and i got lucky with an oathbound being 1 of my 7 starting dwarfs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i haven't done any modding.. at least that i can remember to this folder of mw df

Sorry - I wasn't doubting you.  I'm just saying, it's got to be a bug, stranglers should be a non-metal using race.  If Meph has modded them to use metal, then he should change their tag to show up later than they do.  Since there's tons of tough races that show up late, ideally they should remain non-metal users.  That's why they are under the easy races in FD.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Technical problem
« Reply #3730 on: April 26, 2012, 01:26:53 am »

I'm running the mac version on snow leopard and every time I try to open up the 'place building' sub-menu, the program crashes. I thought perhaps it was a conflicting keybinding but, even with the key changed, the game still crashes the first time I press any key associated with the building command.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can offer. Perhaps this problem has already been addressed somewhere in this gigantic thread and I just didn't see it. If so, my apologies.

I'd be happy to post the error message if someone thinks it would help. Just so long as that person is also willing to show me how to do that spoiler alert junk and stuff. Thank you.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:19 am »

Is it possible to eliminate the warpstone? I constantly have all of my miners lying in bed vomiting and bleeding everywhere which my other dwarves are lazy to clean. Once I decided to not mine it, my bedrooms were completely screwed up seeing as there was warpstone all over that area.

Thanks.

Robotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:04 am »

Just cracked open a new copy of this today, and it's rather impressive so far.  I really like the treasure chests hidden in the walls, was a bit frustrating figuring out how to get it open, but the reward was worth it.  I'll probably try to help out a bit with the wiki, as it's a bit barren as it stands.  Love what I've seen so far though and just wanted to give kudos!  :)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 26, 2012, 04:06:31 am »

you could make warpstone inert, no syndrome or just remove the nausea by opening inorganic_zwarpstone.txt in your save.  search for the entry of warpstone and remove any of the syndromes you don't want, remember it's cheating :P
could just use fresh miners so there's a low chance of leaving a stone

i'm use to the saying screenshot or it didn't happen on video games and wanted to add one ;)

could try a hallway with a couple stone doors and build a wall behind them when a fb or titan attacks (they can destroy doors but it takes awhile), add spike traps to add lethality to the hallway
or get a few war mastiffs/dogs but only way that i know of fire going out is water or the item going out, pretty sure smoke is non-lethal and fire very lethal with dry cloth
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:23 am »

Is it possible to eliminate the warpstone? I constantly have all of my miners lying in bed vomiting and bleeding everywhere which my other dwarves are lazy to clean. Once I decided to not mine it, my bedrooms were completely screwed up seeing as there was warpstone all over that area.

Thanks.

Open up the launcher, turn off Harder Mining.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 749