Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837025 times)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #3645 on: April 20, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

@lamphare: not possible in the tooltip, but what do you mean with OS settings ? Using a bigger font type I guess ? I know that ON OFF is cut of, if the text is too long, but here in Standart-Windows everything is shown. Which one are too long/dont show in your version ?

havent been playing DF and back...
well meddling with the latest version, i think the problem still persist.
basically 19 characters is the threshold for whether it is possible for full text to show, including spaces. not sure if case would matter.
say on materials tab, more food types: NO would show, but when it is YES, the YES part is cut off.

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3646 on: April 20, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »

I am getting a problem that all of the masterwork workshops are telling me that I do not have material when I do. The vanilla workshops are just fine even using the same materials. I have noticed that non-eco stone and logs are the problem. I think I might have too many options for building material that it bugs the masterwork workshops.

Sorry for reposting but it has gotten to the point to were all the Masterwork workshops are non functioning. Can somebody help?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 20, 2012, 06:52:50 pm »

I am getting a problem that all of the masterwork workshops are telling me that I do not have material when I do. The vanilla workshops are just fine even using the same materials. I have noticed that non-eco stone and logs are the problem. I think I might have too many options for building material that it bugs the masterwork workshops.

Sorry for reposting but it has gotten to the point to were all the Masterwork workshops are non functioning. Can somebody help?

This seems to be a frequent problem with the MW workshops. No one has figured out why, but the workshops don't see material not on the same z-level. The workaround is easy: just put the orders in through the manager, not directly at the workshop, and they work fine.

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 20, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »

This seems to be a frequent problem with the MW workshops. No one has figured out why, but the workshops don't see material not on the same z-level. The workaround is easy: just put the orders in through the manager, not directly at the workshop, and they work fine.

Thank you man I have been trying to resolve this all day.

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 20, 2012, 08:59:25 pm »

One more question: while a lot of the materials have been simplified and removed, this doesn't actually show up in the militia uniform material screen: it still shows a massive selection of different materials to choose from. Is there a workaround for this?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 20, 2012, 09:00:46 pm »

One more question: while a lot of the materials have been simplified and removed, this doesn't actually show up in the militia uniform material screen: it still shows a massive selection of different materials to choose from. Is there a workaround for this?

Remove them entirely from the raws.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 20, 2012, 10:57:07 pm »

Remove them entirely from the raws.

Where might they be located, that I might remove them? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3652 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

If you mean metals you can do this in the inorganic files, but I guess you mean animal named leather and so forth ? if yes, then there is no way to remove it, unfortunately. just how df works.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zinayzen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 20, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »

Hi there. I just installed this on my Mac, but I noticed I can't adjust the settings because I can't run MasterworksSettings.exe, because it's a .exe, which obviously can't run on Macs... D:

What can I do about this? It seems to work pretty well, I mean it runs and stuff. I just can't adjust the settings, which I'd like to do. :( Any help is appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3654 on: April 20, 2012, 11:44:29 pm »

There is in theory a mac version of the launcher in work, maybe, havent heard about any progress. But you can change most things manually, but would need modding experience for this. I can guide you with simple steps through this, it is mostly just replacing one single tag with another, you would just have to tell me what you want to turn on or off. send me the list as a pm please. you can find out what you can change by reading the settings part of the manual.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zinayzen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 21, 2012, 12:07:15 am »

There is in theory a mac version of the launcher in work, maybe, havent heard about any progress. But you can change most things manually, but would need modding experience for this. I can guide you with simple steps through this, it is mostly just replacing one single tag with another, you would just have to tell me what you want to turn on or off. send me the list as a pm please. you can find out what you can change by reading the settings part of the manual.

That would be great except the manual is a batch file, which I also can't open.

Edit: regardless, all I really want is vanilla DF with Phoebus and whatever the text mod is.

Edit: oh god now whenever I press B or whatever I have "Building" bound to, DF crashes. I wish I could troubleshoot this with the UI but I can't. Bleh.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:59:11 am by Zinayzen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3656 on: April 21, 2012, 01:32:40 am »

regardless, all I really want is vanilla DF with Phoebus and whatever the text mod is.

Text = The new font ? in that case i have to inform you the masterwork df with all settings off is still worlds away from vanilla df. Just download Phoebus for Mac, and copy over the font (the font.ttf) from data/art in your mac vanilla df.

I personally cant do anything on the MAC version, since i dont have a mac, cant test, bugfix or program it.

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 21, 2012, 02:35:49 am »

I think I know what the bug is to the problem. The second I obtain a platinum essence it triggers the bug I have recreated this 3 times now. so for future reference to the ones going through the same problem disable the creature research lab.

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38:51 am »

hehe i found an easy way for me to stop a tantrum spiral immediately:

i added [noemotion] to the ...\Dwarf Fortress\data\save\region1\raw\objects\creature_standard.txt file

now every dorfs gives a shit about loosing friends  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3659 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:52 am »

@doomchug: That would be a great find :) I hope it proves true, if I know the problem I can finally fix it.

@kalithor123: Slightly cheaty ? ;) But I use the same mechanic for the "commanding tone" on the ominous horn. It is designed to stop tantrum spirals, using just this very trick.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 749