Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833712 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2012, 11:14:33 am »

@ putman: Is noted. I'll try to add the new one for the next release and get the prog to use .dlls as well.

@ vherid: Sounds like you have: More animals: ON :)

@ cheating chicken: I removed it as a test. I thought it might cause the flickering tile bug menioned a while ago. No one seemed to get it again, so I hope I am right. I will add vanilla grasses back into the next release. And grasses do affect FPS much ? I did not know that. Grazing is completely turned of btw.

@ demiurge: Magmaproof ? Where ? ;) The armor is fireproof, the dwarves have a chance against flaming enemies now, and can resist friendly fire from turrets/dragon a lot more. But face, fingers and toes will still melt, and if they fall in magma, they die. It is the temperatur of it that kills them, not the burning clothes. On the bright sight: You can retrieve the armor afterwards, it will not melt.

@Kalithor: Was planned for the next release. A nice userfriendly GUI to change announcements, the arena, key settings, the adv. worldgen, embark profiles.. all that is possible with the Settings prog. I will look into it, to see what makes sense and what not...

If you want to change it now, go to: data/init/announcements.txt, find this line: [CITIZEN_DEATH:A_D:D_D:BOX:P:R] and add [CITIZEN_DEATH:A_D:D_D:UCR_A] instead :) You can do this easily without the need for a new world.

@se5a: Rabbits are very small. So yeah, thats usual. Not done by me ;)
Creepers have this: [CANOPENDOORS][LOCKPICKER][TRAPAVOID]
Try ballista or catapults, locked drawbridges, your own landmines, golems (immune to creeper blasts), turrets, crossbows and javelines...

I just looked at the raws again, and the blooming creeper really had a flier tag. I nerfed that, these dont fly anymore, and all creepers can now feel pain and dizziness.

But please tell me: When did you encounter creepers ?  I never had the chance to test them. In the Arena they die really easily, the blow themselves up. That should not kill more dwarves then creepers arrive ;) And if you bumrush them with an army of dogs or pets, they should explode on those instead of your dwarves.

__________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

I updated the first post of the thread, made a new poll, and uploaded a new to.do list, for V.09
The old poll was rather inconclusive, with 13,9 and 8 votes. I settled on naming the metals:
Fireproof
Light (shorter then lightweight)
Battle (because they also make for slightly better weapons)
I also added (+15% armor) and (-90% weight) to the reaction names, so people know what it can do :)

New to do list:

DISCUSSION AND ONGOING CHANGES
Code: [Select]
- Add Frost mine           na
- nerf picks         na
- add battle picks         na
- Make more settings         na-??
- nerf meteoric iron         na
- Add new dfhack version         na
- Add unique hell-demon-pet         na
- Add unique hell-tree and hell-plant         na
- Reward system for hell breaching         na
- Add several special demons with unique items           na
- Make a list of possible Easter eggs         na
- Undiggable mineral vein/gemcluster deep underground        na
- Fossil gemcluster that create strong bone/stones for weapons/armor    na
- add screw pump well or similar thing to fix the lye-bucket bug            na
- Heavier stone and slower mining.              na
- Alter all descriptions and add more details to them               na
- Add more variants for decoys         na
- Safe animals from extinction         na
- Make large fish un-aggresive         na
- Add generic genesis material         na
- Apply new creature variants, small, large, raging, curious, mischievious        na
- Go through the entiry list of minor mods and see what could be added         na
- Add the selected mods           na
- Remove all grasstrample         na-??
- GUI for worldgen, embark(?) and keysettings         na
- Add multiple arenas to select         na
- Fix tool tile selection for different tilesets         na
- Add Maydays Graphic pack         na
- Add different announements settings         na
- Add more building mats to magma tech tree buildings        na
- Add more reagents to magma tech tree reactions         na
- Add magma fishery, magma brewery and magma kitchen         na
- Ask rephikul how he made his dwarves unhappier         na
- Fix any differences between the orig. ASCII and the mod version                  na
- Fix any differences between the orig. Mayday and the mod version              na
- Fix any differences between the orig. Ironhand and the mod version            na
- Add different color schemes to select. Pastel, Vanilla, Vherid, Bright            na
- When all this is done (or the better part of it) rewrite the manual        na
- When all this is done (or the better part of it) rewrite the forum thread        na, done 15.01.2012
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:54:37 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »

Oh, i thought the removed grass was part of one of the "Simple X" options. Those options i wanted to keep, as those increase FPS a lot, especially on weaker machines, like the one i'm currently using.

Another issue i had were the undead. Are they supposed to be that strong?
I sent out my military squad, 7 recruits and 3 Legendary fighters (1 with swords, 1 with an axe, 1 with a hammer), all equipped in full bronze armor. It killed all of them and survived. I must admit, one of my recruits didnt really understand how undead work (He tried to strangle it ;)), but my legendary dwarves hacked and bashed away on it, but barely did any damage. Is that how theyre inteded to work, or am i just doing something wrong?

Does the new update include generic leather on the Fortress Defense races?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2012, 12:19:01 pm »

Generic leather and Fortress Defense is untested, BUT they are intelligent races. Dont know about butchering them ;)

I did some arena testing, undeads are too strong. I played a game before, and bumrushed an invading zombie force with unarmed peasents and did WIN, so I made them stronger. Was a bit much it seems. The biggest change seems to be NOFEAR. They fled the map after their leader died, now they stay till they drop, which takes a long time.

Proof: Armless, Legless, heavily injured zombie under water... still moving. Was something like the unofficial fortress pet  ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2012, 12:41:21 pm »

I had some reclaim-wierdness happen after they invaded and razed my fort, because i neglected the front entrace while dealing with an invasion of giant cave swallows...

I now have a horde of friendly undead and troglodytes all over the map, which slaughter every single caravan that tries to visit me.....

But the nice thing is their stupidity, you can build drawbridges almost directly under their feet and then have some !!FUN!! with them ;)

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:28 pm »

Looks like something's wrong with the landmines now. They explode immediately after entering the map or after being created in Arena mode. Is there a quick fix for this? I'd like to test some stuff with mines. :D

/edit: Found it: you were missing a ] after [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:BRASS_CLOCKWORK:1:OBSIDIAN:1] in b_detail_plan_landmines.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:19:42 pm by hanspeter »

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 16, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

I downloaded this to give it a shot.  Unfortunately I got a really good embark - but at some point I got a message, "A Gremlin baby has been born!"  Looking through my fort, I found a random gremlin baby and spear"man" sitting in my forge area despite not having any cavern access.  I saved (just cuz I save a lot) but now the fort ALWAYS crashes about 10 seconds after loading.  Not sure if related.

Also get the mines randomly exploding.  And I changed creepers to not avoid traps in my install - too annoying otherwise.

Gotta say that while I disagree with a lot of the balance changes and new content, the FPS gain in this mod is great.  Wish you could get one without the other :)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 16, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

@se5a: Rabbits are very small. So yeah, thats usual. Not done by me ;)
Creepers have this: [CANOPENDOORS][LOCKPICKER][TRAPAVOID]
Try ballista or catapults, locked drawbridges, your own landmines, golems (immune to creeper blasts), turrets, crossbows and javelines...

I just looked at the raws again, and the blooming creeper really had a flier tag. I nerfed that, these dont fly anymore, and all creepers can now feel pain and dizziness.

But please tell me: When did you encounter creepers ?  I never had the chance to test them. In the Arena they die really easily, the blow themselves up. That should not kill more dwarves then creepers arrive ;) And if you bumrush them with an army of dogs or pets, they should explode on those instead of your dwarves.

figured that might be the case with rabbits, was a bit of a blow when I found I was getting nothing at all usefull from them, oh well.

my fortress is under siege under several sieges actually. I'm locked in, have no wood, fortunatly got a good farm going and some animals which I'm occasionaly getting meat from, got a small walled off outdoor area. thought the red dragon that came might kill off the invaders, but it only killed two enemy squads before dieing (one orc one goblin) I'd built up some traps in a hallway with bridges at either end, opened this up for a short time to attempt to capture and kill a few orcs, but all of a sudden the creepers were now blooming creepers, which exploded, and poisoned half my fort. dwarfs lungs go rotten according to the thoughts and pref page, it doesn't show anything on the wounded page, dwafs start dying left right and center. they die pretty quickly too, too quickly for my very amateur doctors to get a look at them.
time to dig down into the caverns and get silk for cloth so I can try out that theatre I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #367 on: January 16, 2012, 01:48:31 pm »

I am playing a testfort myself. I did not change in raws and play with the same version that you have. This is the first time, that I actually play my mod, so I will test as much as possible, fix bugs I find and see how hard/weak the enemies are.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »

Another quick note that I like the "trading is very important" goal, but I find getting golems for free kind of ruins it, in migrant waves.. any way to turn them off?  Got 2 steel golems in my first migrant wave  ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »

You are lucky ;)

Trading is dwarf contructs, elven beasts and human gear. But there is no way to disable pets for migrants. But with the next version I will be able to do caste specific graphics, and that will reduce the number of contructs from currently 18, to only 4. (maybe even 1) That will reduce the chance of getting free golems significantly.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »

You are lucky ;)

Trading is dwarf contructs, elven beasts and human gear. But there is no way to disable pets for migrants. But with the next version I will be able to do caste specific graphics, and that will reduce the number of contructs from currently 18, to only 4. (maybe even 1) That will reduce the chance of getting free golems significantly.

Is that official yet?  I've been wondering about it for a while.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2012, 02:29:36 pm »

Howdy,

Any way we can tell how the new weapons compare to the standard ones? Thanks!!

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:43 pm »

I downloaded this to give it a shot.  Unfortunately I got a really good embark - but at some point I got a message, "A Gremlin baby has been born!"  Looking through my fort, I found a random gremlin baby and spear"man" sitting in my forge area despite not having any cavern access.  I saved (just cuz I save a lot) but now the fort ALWAYS crashes about 10 seconds after loading.  Not sure if related.

Also get the mines randomly exploding.  And I changed creepers to not avoid traps in my install - too annoying otherwise.

Gotta say that while I disagree with a lot of the balance changes and new content, the FPS gain in this mod is great.  Wish you could get one without the other :)

Well with the configuration GUI you should be able to turn off that stuff...I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:18 pm »

@narhiril: I dont know if it is official, but I saw it mentioned several times. I hope it will be :)

@dagger: Most ARE vanilla weapons, the only change is that your dwarves can use them. The only new ones are the baynoet crossbow (which is as strong as a sword in close combat) and the javeline. Testing will be done ;) The special ammo is steel grade and uses syndromes, so it depends on the enemy you hit.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »

Generic leather and Fortress Defense is untested, BUT they are intelligent races. Dont know about butchering them ;)

I did some arena testing, undeads are too strong. I played a game before, and bumrushed an invading zombie force with unarmed peasents and did WIN, so I made them stronger. Was a bit much it seems. The biggest change seems to be NOFEAR. They fled the map after their leader died, now they stay till they drop, which takes a long time.

If i might quote your changelog:
Quote from: Meph
V.0
FPS CAP changed to 150
Added    [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE] to dwarfen civ
So dwarves are actually fine with eating intelligent beings, if you didn't remove that again. Would be really great if you could rework the fortress defense creatures to use generic bodyparts.

As for the undead, i think i will just turn them off for my V.8 Fortress, hoping they will be properly balanced in a future release.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 749