Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836884 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3555 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:28 am »

Maybe I can make them a soil, which would mean that you can build farms on them. Never tried that actually...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: April 18, 2012, 03:00:26 am »

I know you don't officially fully support the Fortress Defense races, but just a heads up, they seem to have big packs of elven warbeasts again (at least, Tigermen, have a big pack of spirithunter/webbers).  This is the same world that had a wild magmahound.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #3557 on: April 18, 2012, 03:36:02 am »

I also don't like the idea of living stone or cave fungus, but I like to keep "less solid stone" on simply for the FPS increases. It'd be nice if there were a slightly less bizarre option, like "loose rock" or something. Also the edible part of cave fungus is not very useful. One bolder of cave fungus produces 1 cheese, instead of a stack or anything. The idea of truffle clusters would be cool though, as boulders that a processable into some high value food.
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: April 18, 2012, 03:53:08 am »

Hey.  :)

Meph have you change anything on water? So not i have a big Problem with DF, i have stagnate water anywhere. I can't make a "good" well because of the stagnate water, my hospital it's ruined. :( Even in big River flows stagnate water. I dig a channel to my Fortress and pump water in it from the river, it's fresh water but after a several second's it become stagnate. :'( i'm the only with this problem?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:27 am »

I finished testing various LAYER properties of the clothing and armors. Was it a success?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You tell me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52845763/MWtestfiles.zip

Also included is a change to the batch clothing reaction so it will make socks instead of shoes. Socks are now the de facto footwear of civilian dwarves.

Meph have you change anything on water? So not i have a big Problem with DF, i have stagnate water anywhere. I can't make a "good" well because of the stagnate water, my hospital it's ruined. :( Even in big River flows stagnate water. I dig a channel to my Fortress and pump water in it from the river, it's fresh water but after a several second's it become stagnate. :'( i'm the only with this problem?

Could be a problem with weather, or something upstream is making a bloody mess in the river. Brooks don't have this problem since they have a "floor" covering the top. If all else fails, make a screw pump and pump the stagnant water into a safe, isolated, underground reservoir (screw pumps purify water).

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: April 18, 2012, 04:54:18 am »

Could be a problem with weather, or something upstream is making a bloody mess in the river. Brooks don't have this problem since they have a "floor" covering the top. If all else fails, make a screw pump and pump the stagnant water into a safe, isolated, underground reservoir (screw pumps purify water).

Stagnant Water is "infectious", just like salt water is. Any Tile that ever comes in contact with stagnant water will be flagged as stagnant. Also, any tile that ever contained stagnant water will be incapable of ever containing clean water again.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: April 18, 2012, 05:19:21 am »

Stagnant Water is "infectious", just like salt water is. Any Tile that ever comes in contact with stagnant water will be flagged as stagnant. Also, any tile that ever contained stagnant water will be incapable of ever containing clean water again.

I wonder if there's ever a way of cleaning water...

If all else fails, make a screw pump and pump the stagnant water into a safe, isolated, underground reservoir (screw pumps purify water).

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Screw_pump
Salt water pumped through a pump will desalinate and become drinkable, but only if the cistern has never contained salty water. Stagnant water pumped through a pump will become clean, letting dwarves drink it without getting an unhappy thought and letting doctors clean wounds without causing an infection. As with desalination, this only works if the cistern has never contained stagnant water.

We may never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:38 am »

Why does the magma blast furnace require fuel again?
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: April 18, 2012, 06:51:17 am »

Why does the magma blast furnace require fuel again?

The magma blast furnace has the NEEDS_MAGMA tag, thus ignores the FUEL tag from the reactions. Are you trying to make a batch of steel bars? Steel has always needed coke or coal to mix with the flux and iron in vanilla DF. It's not part of the fuel.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:52 am »

----

Water becomes clean if you pump it, just like salty water, but if any of the cistern's tiles, or the tiles you pumped the water through has ever contained stagnant water, the entire cistern will be irreversibly stagnant and you would have to dig a new one in an entirely different area.

On another note, there also is no way to prevent the dusting of mud on the cistern's floor, to avoid the well picking up this mud, make the cistern at least 2 z-levels deep.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: April 18, 2012, 10:28:33 am »

How do I use silk worms? And waht are golden geese for?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: April 18, 2012, 10:33:23 am »

Why all my children very embarassed to walk without clothes? I have clothes, but they are not taking them.
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:16 am »

How do I use silk worms? And waht are golden geese for?

Golden geese lay gold bars instead of eggs. Normal geese have a small chance of hatching into golden geese from goose eggs. Not sure on silk worms, if they are in an animal trap I don't think they will be able to do anything. If you release them your cats/frill lizards will eat them. Being vermin, they have the teleport characteristic. They might stay near a zone if you were to pit them (and they are tame), but you'd need to keep your cats/frill lizards away from the area.
I vaguely remember some vermin staying near the zone where I had pit them until my cats found a way through the no-pet door.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:35 am »

ALL of my coke just turned to ash.
Wat?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 18, 2012, 11:09:04 am »

I finished testing various LAYER properties of the clothing and armors. Was it a success?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You tell me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52845763/MWtestfiles.zip

Also included is a change to the batch clothing reaction so it will make socks instead of shoes. Socks are now the de facto footwear of civilian dwarves.

I have no problem with civilian dwarves walking around in socks... atm im more interested in playability than total "cloth-realism" ^^
Well since I still have my 1.71 Fort running... I dont have socks activated, which would mean I have to start a new world for adding a new reaction (socks)?! Would it not also be possible for me to set it up so the civilian dwarves wear 2x2 shoes? So I could let my military wear shoes + boots, right?

Another thing is... what is it that lets a piece of armor/cloth count as "CLOTHING" so your dwarves dont get upset? Is it Hard/Soft or the Armorlevel... I tend to the last, but with all this info im confused atm ^^ This Dwarf raw thing is pretty new for me, when it comes to clothes.

I think I just grab your testfiles and see how you have done it, and ask some more or if im able to do the changes for my game myself ^^ Thanks a lot for the testing.

EDIT:
When I did have a look at the testfiles there is one thing in general i dont understand... for example...
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ROBE]
[NAME:robe:robes]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

It has [LAYER_SIZE:20] and [LAYER_PERMIT:100] does that mean my dwarves CAN wear 5 robes?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:13:56 am by Lamorak84 »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 749