Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836809 times)

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Music for the Masses
« Reply #3510 on: April 16, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

So I'm playing with almost all of the features disabled and ran into a problem with coarse iron. I can't do anything with it since I dont have access to the crucible.

So, you have coarse iron but you cant build a crucible?

Smells like a unintended feature.

Copy and pasting the reaction should do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:05:02 pm by the_game_hunt »
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »

2nd issue - my Crematorium worked fine for the first two years of my fortress burning vermin remains, excellent production chain going on (remains->ash->potash->farms).  Then suddenly, the Crematorium stopped working for vermin.  Other options like burning clothing works, but cremating vermin remains a red reaction.  The remains are not forbidden, my dwarves have refuse hauling enabled and happily move remains around, burrows are off, vermin remains-only stockpile right next to Crematorium, none of the Crematorium building items are forbidden (it will burn clothing ok), it is inside so the outdoor hauling orders should not affect it... wth?

See my post directly above. Some of the new buildings and reactions kinda crap out at random times. Don't know why or how to get it back to working order, but queuing up jobs with the Manager works fine until it does.

It worked.  Good to know, thanks! 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 16, 2012, 07:48:24 pm »

Am I the only or this mod has something (actually all but new combat logs) that messes up DF. I dont know,rifles,automatons,magic...

This doesnt fit on DF, at least for me.

Im really impressed by this mod,so much stuff (smiths forge metal list is extremely dissorganized). But again, this mod doesnt fit at all.

Don't know difference of opinion and view of dwarfs.  While classically dwarves are more gold digging, axe wielding, beer drinkers .. many settings include dwarves as being smart with "technology" (guns/automatons) and magic fits in fine. 

Personally, I like "steampunk" dwarfs with guns and automatons.

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »

Hello,

I have 3 questions.

1. Does the Launcher somehow overwrite the creature_standard.txt if I change the Tileset? Cause I DID change the Tileset (did not do something else) and my creature_standard was changed back to the original it seems... :-\ If this was not fault... what could it be? I did not switch any other options like castes for example (which could overwrite the creature_standard.txt i guess). I know that I can take a copy of the region save creature_standard.txt out of its raw and copy it back into the maingames raw folder, now... but it was still annoying that the launcher did overwrite the file and I had no idea THAT he did do it. Since the Launcher can do a lot of damage if in the hands of us semi-"experienced" starting modders ;-D is it possible to have the Launcher work like the Dwarf Therapist? Like you do switch options and THEN press a button "Do the changes" and THEN it warns you "file blabla will be overwritten"... That would be a nice comfort function to have, but I can understand If you dont want to add it... seems like much work for this small thingy.

2. As I did start this map with a modded creature_standard.txt and it did now revert this file to "vanilla" Masterwork... will future born dwarves (on the same map) be made of the unmodded creature_standard which is now in the raw folder or will they be made of the creature_standard I had in that folder when the world was created? <--- Did find the solution with more research ^^

3. I did follow the whole naked/cloth/armor Debate and someone said that the Military CAN wear Armor without any clothes beneath and they dont get bad thoughts... can someone verify this?
What about "clothing" them with the padded stuff (which seems is Armor as of the raw) and putting plate over it?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:27:22 pm by Lamorak84 »

Sasha-

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

So I'm playing with almost all of the features disabled and ran into a problem with coarse iron. I can't do anything with it since I dont have access to the crucible.

So, you have coarse iron but you cant build a crucible?

Smells like a unintended feature.

Copy and pasting the reaction should do.

Yeah I pasted the harden iron reaction to reaction_smelter.txt file. Should work now.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »

I keep my turrets on the top of guard towers 1 z-level higher than the ground, with fortifications surrounding them. What turrets are you using, by the way?

what Turrets do YOU use, when i put my slade / bullet turrets on parapets behind fortifications. little goblins with patriot Turret seeking Arrows fire just one shot, everytime. and break them. without fail.

Exclusively Bullet and Slade turrets, with the occasional Web, though the Web turret seems a little cheaty since it's free silk without needing to dig down into a cavern.
I haven't touched 1.7.2 yet, but there are no real changes to the turrets between that version and 1.7.1 except adding a NOTURRET flag for the launcher to disable and the BIOME:ANY_LAND. No clue why it's not working for you. Works just fine for me.

3. I did follow the whole naked/cloth/armor Debate and someone said that the Military CAN wear Armor without any clothes beneath and they dont get bad thoughts... can someone verify this?
What about "clothing" them with the padded stuff (which seems is Armor as of the raw) and putting plate over it?

When I said that, I didn't mean that the dwarves with only metal armor had ONLY metal armor. Everyone in the control group had metal armor and clothes on. Everyone in the test group had metal armor and padded armor (which replaces clothes). This should be a non-issue for you, however, as Meph updated the padded armor to act like clothes in 1.7.2, so you shouldn't get any bad thoughts from wearing them underneath your metal armor.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 16, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

I'm looking at the raws using Beyond Compare 3. The changes from 1.7.1 in a few select files (minus the obvious changes from the changelog):

creature_standard.txt
5. All creatures have BIOME:ANY_LAND as well as their native biome. Most creatures have FREQUENCY:100. Most, if not all, creatures have their EVIL/GOOD/FANCIFUL tags removed.

A similar change is to other creatures too, such as in creature_magical_ff.  In game too, you find there sure are a lot of savage, good, and evil, & mountain and ocean creatures running around no matter where you embark.  I bet this was some kind of debugging test, I doubt this made it to the live version on purpose.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:58 pm »

A similar change is to other creatures too, such as in creature_magical_ff.  In game too, you find there sure are a lot of savage, good, and evil, & mountain and ocean creatures running around no matter where you embark.  I bet this was some kind of debugging test, I doubt this made it to the live version on purpose.

It kinda weirds me out seeing Unicorns in Evil biomes. The only time I want to see Unicorns there is if I embark on the rare region where Good and Evil meet. I'm still chuckling at the thought of Sea Serpents in the desert.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 16, 2012, 09:27:30 pm »

I dont know,rifles,automatons,magic...

Fortunately each of those can be disabled with one click each! (Races>Automatons; Buildings>Gunsmith; Buildings>Magic)  The launcher settings are half of the magic of Masterwork. 

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »

I dont know,rifles,automatons,magic...

Fortunately each of those can be disabled with one click each! (Races>Automatons; Buildings>Gunsmith; Buildings>Magic)  The launcher settings are half of the magic of Masterwork.

Actually is there a way to only get the nice combat reports? Is it possible to get to this without the launcher?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:34 pm »

Actually is there a way to only get the nice combat reports? Is it possible to get to this without the launcher?

Easy method: There really isn't one.
Hard method: You will need to go through the various item_weapon raws and copy and paste what you want manually.

For example...

MW 1.7.2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanilla DF
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The major difference between the two short swords (besides MATERIAL_SIZE) are the ATTACK flags. Just copy and paste what you want from MW into Vanilla, or create your own.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:09:32 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 16, 2012, 10:37:29 pm »

When I said that, I didn't mean that the dwarves with only metal armor had ONLY metal armor. Everyone in the control group had metal armor and clothes on. Everyone in the test group had metal armor and padded armor (which replaces clothes). This should be a non-issue for you, however, as Meph updated the padded armor to act like clothes in 1.7.2, so you shouldn't get any bad thoughts from wearing them underneath your metal armor.
[/quote]

Hm... I did grow pretty attached to my 1.7.1 Fort... ^^ I guess there is no way to update the padded armor here WITHOUT starting a new fort?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 17, 2012, 12:02:26 am »

Hm... I did grow pretty attached to my 1.7.1 Fort... ^^ I guess there is no way to update the padded armor here WITHOUT starting a new fort?

Sadly, no. When you change a raw, the copy goes into the save folder which is then hardcoded into your generated world. From that point, it would be futile to edit the raw in the save folder without generating a new world. I could be wrong, however. I'll need to do extensive testing.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 17, 2012, 01:09:03 am »

Actually you can indeed edit the raw in the save folder.  Any reaction, creature or object that's currently there can be modified at will.  To my knowledge, you can't add any NEW reactions, but I'm not aware of other limitations.

Also, my soldiers are complaining about not having shoes under their high boots.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 17, 2012, 01:39:16 am »

It was a while since I did any editing to the saves, so I figured I was wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 749