Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833713 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7.2 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

Without you I couldnt do the graphics, (to not even mention ironhand, phoebus and vherid) and without the avid players/readers of this thread I would have found not nearly that many bugs and balancing issues.

Great to see that modding is advancing :) One week ago NO ONE had settings, now 2 mods do. And I guess that some others will follow eventually.

Thanks everyone :)

EDIT:
Thanks to deon's design I managed to add 4 graphic packs. Ascii, Ascii+ (by vherid, with a slightly different tileset and a different colorset), Phoebus and Ironhand. Mayday has not been updated for some time, I dont know if it is a good idea to add that as well. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:51:30 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7.2 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »

What the *Magma* is this, your breaking the game... its supposed to have ridicules redundancy and impossible user interfaces, keeps the script kiddies out...

Anyhow, looks good.  What did you have to do to make the fixes, to my knowledge most of that stuff was in the source, not the raws?
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD <<<

Important changes:
- Generic animal materials. Greatly helps FPS
- 4 Graphic options, Ascii, Ascii+, Phoebus and Ironhand
- Orc weapons are unuseable
- Alchemy system. Hunt blobs for gems. Use gems to make special ammo. (15 kinds)
- Fire, Ice, Acid, Blood, Toxic Ammo. Aviable in Weak, Normal and Strong.
- Magma Tech Tree
- Produce Obsidian and Slade
- Upgrade Ballista bolts to Slade ballista bolts.
- Metal Upgrades. Poduce lightweigt (-90% weight), battle (+15% protection) or fireproof metal.
- Inlcudes 2 wallpaper and 4 picture guides, about creatures, buildings and materials.

Full changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IMPORTANT: Could anyone look at the graphics for the creature_ff.txt ? The file is named graphics_zoo.txt and the pics are in graphics/zoo. I cant get them to work. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:30:50 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »

The ASCII is almost completely correct! Some of the above-ground shrubs seem to be just a square of one color, fish have different tiles than they should, and some of the stone types are a different color than vanilla's. (Not sure if that's intentional or not)

I can fix both types of ACSII and upload it later, if you want.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2012, 10:11:45 pm »

So am I right to make the assumption that this is compatible with genesis?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »

@ teh zip file: Sure, that would be great :) I made the ascii and ironhand version by hand, comparing the tiles with the raw tile selector. Almost everything should be ok, but I know that some tiles are only close, still recognizeable though I hope.

@vherid: No, not in the slightest. It includes all genesis buildings and reactions, most creatures and some minor features though.

@nordak: Thanks :) Breaking DF is usually something good.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:51:57 pm by Meph »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »

Yeah I noticed, should be good enough then actually.

EDIT: Oh also before I keep forgetting, why are you using the old DFhack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

New dfhack = .dll Old dfhack = .exe   The settings program has a utility list, and it only accepts .exe. I heard that the new LNP uses the dlls in the same list, so I might have a look at that. Till then: Old dfhack.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:12 pm »

I was downloading the newest version of Genesis to make my fortbent genesis modmod and found, to my chagrin, that my antivirus completely blocked the download without my permission nor any way of whitelisting due to DFhack's EXEs version.

So I uninstalled it and went with alternatives.

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2012, 01:48:20 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?51aj0rvdg7jy607

Pretty sure that's everything back to their normal tile/color.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2012, 03:00:24 am »

Could you make the removal of the plant_grasses a seperate option? I like to remove some of the different grasses for FPS reasons, but the way it currently is it removes moss completely and neither grass nor moss will ever regrow.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2012, 04:05:50 am »

I'm really enjoying this mod but I think you may be simplifying the game a bit too much. Magmaproof anything? What happened to using the cards you were dealt? :)

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2012, 04:45:15 am »

Can you add, to the launcher, a turn off option for the "Added zoom and pause on Death of Citizen" feature?

It's annoying during a massacre.  :)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2012, 06:29:38 am »

am I supposed to be only getting a skull when butchering rabbits?

also what's the defence vs creepers?
I've found they will not attack if they can't path, but as soon as they can path they seem to be able to fly... then it's death to the entire fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 749