Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836638 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3420 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:10 am »

A megabeast came in my third year. I didn't even have a military by then. I burrowed all my dwarves, pulled the drawbridge lever, and let my fully-fortified slade turrets go to town. Ten seconds later, it was dead. Say something, hater!
That sexy, sexy legendary skill essence is MINE!

i've seen some really -reallllly- weak yet seemingly random deaths for some of my beasts, had one get shot by a random hunter with a wooden crossbow bolt to the face, a forest titan made of soap radiating an aura of kindness? .. hehehe

if i get one more freaking thunderbird flying over my bloody walls straight down my castle corridor to the living area one more time...

turrets are fine as they are, if enemy arches cant take them out you would win every time.

so are dogs but i can still armor them .. =(>.-.>)=

now placing decoys infront of my stupid turrets, not hellfire ones.. those go in the bloody caves nao! come on little ants! say hello to the dwarven BBQ now with hellfire!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:30:23 am by Fairin »

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 12, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »

hmm getting magma maggots up into my fort now.. they seem to just come through ground so no stopping them standard way with doors, etc?  Also, don't think they vermin so cats not eating them...

...maybe military kill them?

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 12, 2012, 04:40:55 pm »

Well.. the magma maggots are no longer a worry, as first burning skulls came in and scorched the earth.. burning all the wood i had and such.. the some other creatures... so i was going to wall myself in and live underground for a while... but the miner i set to wall us in...

..just transformed into a green devour and ate my fort...

WTF is a GREEN DEVOUR and how/why/what caused that transformation?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:53 pm »

magma maggots is an underground grass in the 3 cavern, get some grazers or make a dirt road over it if you don't like it. doesn't hurt your dwarves though
similar to the moving grass in some evil biomes
unless it's not on muddy stone or on dirt where other fungus grows, then i have no idea

only reason why i don't use the cavern flavor

watch out for the facehugger vermin!  they lay green devourer eggs in your dwarves!
they aren't optional unless modded out so... prepare the kitten drop!
they're only in the 3rd cavern though
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:07 pm »

Don't know what it is, but Cave Fungus seems to be releasing weird blue gas when mined. The only thing I can think of that could do this is having "dangerous mining" on, then booting a world genned with it off. It's... not doing anything that I can see, but it's just weird. Really weird. I couldn't find any other posts about this, so i figured I'd post this... It may be supposed to do that or something. It dosen't seem to do anything but dissipate in about two steps though, so it's not causing lag or anything. This happens only evey so often, not every block.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 12, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

Don't know what it is, but Cave Fungus seems to be releasing weird blue gas when mined. The only thing I can think of that could do this is having "dangerous mining" on, then booting a world genned with it off. It's... not doing anything that I can see, but it's just weird. Really weird. I couldn't find any other posts about this, so i figured I'd post this... It may be supposed to do that or something. It dosen't seem to do anything but dissipate in about two steps though, so it's not causing lag or anything. This happens only evey so often, not every block.

I think Meph has mentioned this as more of an aesthetic option.  I think it is under "Smoke effects" option in the start up "Misc. Features." Either that or maybe "Less Solid Rock" and that blue gas may be similar to the dust sandstone gives off. Have checked myself and no obvious symptoms of mining Cave Fungus. Also every so often your get cave fungus to drop a stone, have only had it happen one for me, but think it can be converted to food at kitchen, same for Living Stone too (I think).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3426 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

Living Stone leaves blood, sometimes (rare) a stone that can be butchered.
Cave Fungus leaves nothing. The blue dust is a sideeffect from the stone evaporating. Has no effect. Sometimes leaves a solid rock (rare) that can be made into cheese.
Magma Maggots are counted as grass, but I changed that, the 3rd cavern looks different now, since I did not like how the fortress looks after green (1st cavern), bluw (2nd cavern) and red (3rd cavern) mix. The third cavern is now gray.
GreenDevourers are 3rd lvl cavern creatures, and as correctly stated, they can bite your dwarves, which will plant an egg. After a while, your dwarf transformes. I added to encourage hunting vermin. Nice to see that it works :)

@Talanic: What are you doing that your pets attack your dwarves, stack them all in one square? They are never hostile, but lash out if they have little space, just like normal pets.

PS: Embarking on a pre-build fortress is fun, but sadly all the guards are hostile, even dwarvesn ones. I managed to find a fortress with human imperial guards, who imprisoned a demon-deity (friendly) that writes a ton of books. The fortress was made out of solid mithril, epic embark.

A few small changes:
 - Fixed siegeenginer/seigeoperate learning reaction in the library. Thanks smakemupagus for spotting this.
 - Added missing [ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR] to Iridium
 - Nerfed Giant Hornets (smaller bodysize and smaller cluster numbers)
 - Moved trapavoid from goblins to orcs
 - Lowered frequency of fire-breathing skulls (was 20%, is now 5%)
 - Gave different caste colors to antmen.
 - Lowered number and occurence of bog crawlers (TESTING)
 - Added bodyguards to elven caravans (TESTING)
 - Added different wagon animals and pets to elves and drow (TESTING)
 - Changed design of 3rd cavern.

Testing about slaves and race-specific pets is still ongoing. Golems seem a bit overpowered, when I read the reports here. Maybe I should add hydraulic fluid to them and enable them to bleed to death, this way they wouldnt be so indestructible. And they shouldnt equip, but from what I saw they keep the weapons the dwarf was carrying...

I also made a little building design study. What do you think of the idea of building-extensions, two buildings that look alike and can be build next to each other, without messing up the design ? See storage unit, brewery and gemworkshop in the example.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:49:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:28 pm »

just had one of my dwarfs go insane for having no cloths, was a rather interesting visual. Only DF would have people go insane from lack of cloths

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #3428 on: April 12, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »

I don't seem to be able to decorate using flaming/frozenskull teeth. I have A LOT of them, but my workers won't use them to decortate, they'll just say they need unrotten parts.

Anyone else getting this? Or is it just a vanilla bug too?

EDIT: Are the language files modded in this? There seems to be more words than vanilla (though still some ones are missing :()
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:25:14 am by Milkbot »
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: April 12, 2012, 11:00:10 pm »

Haven't run into that one, but the Brewery seems kind of...stupid when attempting to find sugar for spicing.

Upuaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 13, 2012, 02:18:57 am »

I think the building-extensions are a brilliant idea. Please do that.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 13, 2012, 03:57:55 am »

here meph, some playtesting for today

the Dwarves going crazy cause they are naked. are children, whom you all didn't bloody make clothes for < this is probably vanilla

Traders don't seem to want to leave - i used to have a trade depot but i decided to change my fortress style (in a big way) so i took it down for a whole year (so far) merchants come. they don't leave. go berserk at the map edge - elves don't seem to die from thirst either.

bog crawlers infestation without opening the caverns?, i got about 30 cats, bloody things.. go away..

i thought toady fixed the clothing issues, my dwarves are either leaving clothing where they dropped it. or if i clean it with df hack. putting used clothing back in the clothing stockpile i created to store tons and tons of extra clothes, apparently they hung a goodwill sign on it... least its lit with magma...

can we get a graphic for bog crawlers like fire ants ? - or is there one and i really am that blind

do they come out of the walls that are not smoothed or something? i.e. farms in soil levels... gonna move those underground here in a bit and seal off the soil layers.. park a squad of cats at the entranceway.. blargh! stopbiting my dwarves and cats!

- Combine building graphics? please do, i do that as it is already make it look prittier!

- now im intersted in the music stage, wonder what skill that could improve.. axe? >=)

- i will have to say the -point- of a golem is to be indestructible, they do wear out over time tho and do not heal if seen in constant use, i have a habit of backing up the golem squad with another golem squad and two to three squads of 5 dwarves when it comes to invasions, i don't play nice with green skins

although i have only seen 2 ever killed. by my own hellfire turret through no controll over my own, it did however drop a pritty mithril statue of a penguin. apparently

- thank you for changing the omg my eyes Red third cavern layer.

@Milkbot, its a bug tan the teeth into leather, enjoy getting 26 suits of leather armor off one skull, language? no idea meph's area there

@Throren, thats a vanilia issue. make as stockpile that only accepts sugar bags, and ZERO barrels. *technical* the game checks only the first layer for the item in question. i.e. dwarf opens barrel sees only bags - no sugar, even though the bags contain sugar

@Meph , wanted to add > can i have my guildhall back?, even if it took dwarves off the therapist list. i could still make a noble doctor and manually assign his skills. didn't the first version of that work correctly?

@Meph, Adding again, the Engineers Workshop uses... what skill? its turning my masterwork steel spikes into "well crafted" or less sharpened steel spikes, my noble / leader / book keeper with doctor skills active was making them
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:03:51 am by Fairin »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:56 am »

I see you have used and improved my demons. It's cool to see that these are popular.

Also, from what I am seeing this mod looks ridiculously awesome. Will try it.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:10 am »

I hope the bogcrawler numbers reduction works out, I had to make my mastiff [HUNTS_VERMIN] just to get the dang thing under control. Though I do like the idea of my mastuff puppies getting some practice killing things in :)

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:21 am »

I met some giant gargoyles on my current map. The first few were dispatched with the military, but then there came two that seem to be in an eternal stranglehold (both are strangling her at the same time) on a single military dwarf. Pictures of the combat log and dwarf injuries will be below. I just thought it was kind of strange that they've strangled her so much and can't kill her. Her neck is broken so she can't fight back, and yet the strangling just keeps going on and on.

The fight started on the 18th of Malachite, year 703. After two days of fierce injuries to limbs and nerves, they started strangling her. It is currently the 10th of Galena, year 703. Still strangling. They've been strangling her for like 20 days straight. She has since lost grip of most of her armor and gear, thrown about on the ground.

I'm not going to rescue her because she'll be useless alive, and I'm very curious to see if they can actually kill her before she starves or dehydrates to death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just to note: They killed some children, pets and those bugged trader dwarves just fine. None of these entities lived long enough to get strangled though.

12th Limestone, year 703. Still being double strangled. No new injuries, everything is still red.
24th Limestone, year 703. A frozen skull has joined in on the fight, causing plenty of bruises on the axelord. Nothing serious. Still being double strangled.
14th Sandstone, year 703. Still the same trio playing with Nilla. Her status in the medical screen is Heavy bleeding (red), exhausted, ability to stand/grasp lost (yellow) and motor/sensory nerve damage (white). She's not even hungry or thirsty. She's still quite content.

Game crashed pulling a lever. She was still alive and being abused up till that point, near the end of Sandstone. Now to try and remember all the things I did since it last saved >.> Back at the first of Limestone.

16th Obsidian, year 703 after reload from crash: The drow traders showed up, and their guards pathed through the giant gargoyles, killing them. Nilla was immediately pronounced dead as soon as the stranglehold was released. So essentially those gargoyles have been strangling a dead dwarf for months.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:23:14 pm by masquerine »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 749