Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836509 times)

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3360 on: April 08, 2012, 07:35:37 pm »

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my Hospital has been much use in identifying whatever this is and treating it, and I've got 3 High Master diagnosticians. Any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff?

It's classified as a GENERAL_POISON, so it's best just to wait it out in the hospital. Have someone with Surgery on standby to heal their internal wounds.

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: April 08, 2012, 08:09:42 pm »

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my Hospital has been much use in identifying whatever this is and treating it, and I've got 3 High Master diagnosticians. Any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff?

It's classified as a GENERAL_POISON, so it's best just to wait it out in the hospital. Have someone with Surgery on standby to heal their internal wounds.

Also look at your diagnosticians and see if they have:

@Killerx243;   

If you want him patched up, look for a dwarf who has any of these three:    
is truly fulfilled by assisting those in need
finds helping others very rewarding
finds helping others rewarding

And give him/her healthcare labours.

If you don't want him patched up but want a doctor regardless, build a wall around this sucka and lock him in. :P

Seems for diagnosing, personalities > skill in importance. Maybe do what I did for vomiting syndrome, lots and lots of beer? That'll knock the poison out of the system!

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: April 09, 2012, 05:57:47 am »

I just had a dwarf list itself as "having a natural gift for creating ranged weapons". This is after a mood had taken the dwarf, but before he had claimed a workshop.

and yes, a ranged weapon was created:

Just for interest, what ammo would this object use?!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:27 am »

I am not yet familiar with the new taming mechanic, but is this normal? It sounds unreasonable, yet very dwarvy

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:11 am »

@ andy_t_roo - It would take "axe heads." I don't think you can make them out of wood though, but can out of metal and bone.

@ CheatingChicken - Maybe be there because of "Concubines" now in the mod. Maybe not. It might be a vanilla thing as well.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:26 am »

Concubines are pets, and will display in the Animals tab and elsewhere as such, even though they can be ordered around as normal dwarves and act the same as dwarves.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: April 09, 2012, 08:24:08 am »

So how good are gem made weapons and armour? Can't seem to find anything about that in guides...

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:49 am »

Wait. there's concubines? I'm going to reward dwarves by chaining concubines in their quarters! I wonder if they get good thoughts by admiring them or owning them. I'm curious though, can you still track who the fathers the concubine's children? Or are they self fertilizing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:54:14 am by Baijiu »

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:15 am »

i found that even though in the concubine description it says you cant give them labours i can still assign them as nobles and give them labours through dwarf therapist.

Drunkenfinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: April 09, 2012, 10:06:22 am »

My militia commander just bit a zombie in half... After whacking it for 30 pages with a welded wolframite war hammer.
Laughed my ass off. :D

A minute after that he was overwhelmed by 30 zombies (which he did fight for about a month until they got the best of him) and they proceeded to take over my fortress. :P
I could've bloody killed them all with my militia commander tanking them, but my swordsdwarf was too busy getting equipment for himself, which was incredibly stupid, since I think he had everything he needed.

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:19 pm »

Shortly after embarking a swarm of giant drones and their queen shows up. They inject venom into my two copper clad axedwarves who instantly die. They then tear apart four dogs by ripping the heads off on the first attack. Anyone else who was still alive got killed either from direct head being torn off or had arms/legs then head torn off. They really seem to enjoy popping heads off.

I reclaimed with 5 warriors - 2 axe, 2 spear and a sword. The drones are still there and the same thing happens. The dwarves either instantly die from venom injecting or get their heads ripped off before they can even attack. The queen has a full name and title now from dwarf/animal kills.

Time to throw more dwarves at it till it dies! I want that embark site. >.< Let's see how many more kills she can get before she's taken down.
Seems to have disappeared. Made it to summer without seeing any of the drones. Could they maybe be hiding as an ambush somewhere on the map that my dwarves didn't venture to? I've only tried reclaiming one other fort recently, and it was impossible to retake (evil land makes zombies, zombies were hiding right near the wagon). Giant bees are the new badgers for me.

Year 2, mid spring: THE BEES HAVE RETURNED AND DEMAND HEADS. 12 dwarves when they showed up (lost a bunch to a fire elemental and 2 to insanity from their friends/family getting burned).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some drones were killed by weapon traps (the previous two embark parties' gear). One queen is lurking outside with a damaged wing, two queens are caged and three more queens are dead. How many queens do these bees have? Now there's a flaming skull party joining in. This fort has been nothing but things on fire and heads lopped off. >.< 10 dwarves remain.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:34:37 pm by masquerine »

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: April 09, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »

Personally, my bane are the war elephants. Not because of their toughness (pretty damn weak thanks to the raws not including weapons for them), but because they come in huge numbers at the most inappropriate times.

Namely, every single time I open my drawbridge. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'm now designing forts to be entirely self-sufficient without the trade depot. Once that drawbridge and roof is complete, no dwarf is getting in or out. EVER. The merchants and diplomats have gotten more of my dwarves killed than "accidents" or magma. And that's a lot.

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

So how good are gem made weapons and armour? Can't seem to find anything about that in guides...
Im wonder too

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:06 pm »

Compare Ruby...

with Steel...

Everything that steel has that ruby doesn't means that ruby uses the default values (often either 10000 or 0, check the links below).

Make of this as you will.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Weapon
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Material_definition_token

------

EDIT:
There's also the problem of this:

It doesn't make gem armor, just gem-encrusted armor made out of wood. Because of this, I cant see it in the arena, so I'll have to look and see if it's reliable in fortress mode.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:26:56 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: April 09, 2012, 05:40:34 pm »

As a reply to the standardized stone question:

I think there is a good middle ground here.  Categories would be nice.  Like Igneous Rock.  Sedimentary Rock.  Etc.

The same could be applied to metals: Ferrous Metal, Noble Metal, Rare Earth Metal, etc.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 749