Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836329 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3270 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:07 pm »

Is armor supposed to be wearing out like clothing does?  My entire military is suffering from mangled armor.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:43 pm »

Concubines have a high liar skill? Should be more like lier :p

I swear I haven't seen a vampire in ages, but if vampires can have children, would love to see a concubine one.  Wonder how many children a vampire could have as a concubine.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:28 pm »

I have a lot of guys wearing trousers or greaves on their Torso (Mw1.7).  Anyone else ever seen this & know a fix/workaround?

edit.  Maybe, it's not a problem.  the mail shirt goes on their chest anyway.  do dwarves always put pants on their torso and i just never noticed??
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:38:20 pm by smakemupagus »

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: April 04, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »

Hello trippin' Meph!

Well, gotta say you're ruining my studies/work, but i digress...

About the stones, i really would hate the standartized stones, would be an ugly sight in the nobles screen "The king demands a Flux Stone Throne in bedroom.", the stones name give character to the fortress, but that's just my opinion.

About the bricks, i think they should be put on as blocks, since that's basically what they are, also, that would stop the stone dupping effect reported by another player.

Aaaaaaaaaanyways, good luck on your travels!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 04, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »

i believe the slaves of broods from drows are the same, there offspring just transform into a caste of dwarf but without the [PET] tag
looking through the raws they secrete a rock that transforms them into a dwarf slave
but i remember reading they have to do some kind of feat to be drafted into the militia

thought it was weird seeing my expedition leader being a stray and seeing the concubine in therapist >.>
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #3275 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »

Interesting idea about renaming the stones and standardizing them. Although perhaps a little more tiers than "stone" and "precious stone". Although I'd say that I suck at offering names, so I wouldn't be able to suggest intriguing adjectives. :)

Something like what was done with the wood. Low, Mid & High. Maybe a process done to stone, like polish? Ehhh...

Yeah, I'm going to stop now.
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:27 am »

The minecart additions Toady is working on (as well as other games I've been playing) gave me an idea. How possible would it be to create boats? At first I wanted boats just so civs can get around on the world map easier if there are places surrounded by water (like an island map). Then I thought, how awesome would it be to embark on a fairly tiny landmass surrounded by ocean (probably not possible but whatever, maybe just do it on a beach) then have a port where other civs can come and also trade things with you, create fishing boats for fisher dwarves to more effectively fish (gather fish in bulk then come back to the fort), perhaps military boats as well as the addition of a bunch of other sea creatures to give a reason for creating military boats.

It's starting to sound like an idea for a completely different mod overhaul of vanilla but, I thought I'd post it anyway to see how possible something like this would be to do. It's probably not very dwarfish (the whole fishing, having a pier, creating boats) but eh, I'd still love to see something like this. I hate embarking on islands and not having access to the mountainhomes, and even enemies in many cases.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 05, 2012, 01:03:12 am »

BUT:
I'm guessing the mod removes clothing to save FPS and clutter. However in the latest version, no clothing introduces a negative thought. This was enough to throw my recent reclaim into a tantrum spiral.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:25 am »

The latest version doesn't remove clothes.
er... i should say, 1.7 doesn't remove clothes, so i'd be surprised if 1.7.1 does
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:07:43 am by smakemupagus »

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:37 am »

The latest version doesn't remove clothes.
Then it must be because I'm using an old world -sigh-
C'est la vie.

And this was an awesome fort, too.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:46 am »

Standardized stone would be awesome, as long as there were still a few different colours around.

No more having to go through and switch 3/4 of the "economic" stones to common use.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: April 05, 2012, 02:48:13 am »

I have a lot of guys wearing trousers or greaves on their Torso (Mw1.7).  Anyone else ever seen this & know a fix/workaround?

edit.  Maybe, it's not a problem.  the mail shirt goes on their chest anyway.  do dwarves always put pants on their torso and i just never noticed??

saying Torso, while relevant in real life, does not actually relate to any part of a dwarf.
the game seems to divide the hips/stomach region as lower body and upper chest as upper body, the pants/greaves are worn on the lower body for display purposes i suppose. I think it would be difficult to show that they were being worn otherwise.

now if you mean that pants/greaves are being equipped to the 'upper body' then thats a tag issue with the Raws.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: April 05, 2012, 03:45:34 am »

saying Torso, while relevant in real life, does not actually relate to any part of a dwarf.
the game seems to divide the hips/stomach region as lower body and upper chest as upper body, the pants/greaves are worn on the lower body for display purposes i suppose. I think it would be difficult to show that they were being worn otherwise.

now if you mean that pants/greaves are being equipped to the 'upper body' then thats a tag issue with the Raws.

all 5 dwarves have some kind of trousers on their torso currently, here's one:

Rovod 'Sunkmenaces', psychiatrist
(silk trousers) Torso
(chitinplate shirt) Chest
(pig tail fiber cap) Head
(pig tail fiber shoe) Left foot
(pig tail fiber shoe) Right foot
(wool cloak) Chest
(-copper pick-) Left hand

(edit): mystery solved
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so its just a naming thing, not a real issue.
still sounds odd to have pants on it. :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:44:50 am by smakemupagus »

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 05, 2012, 06:03:29 am »

Maybe a bug got some wild armoured horses on my latest fort

Year one nearly finished river froze so leaving big hole in my defence wall who attacks in winter?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: April 05, 2012, 06:27:41 am »

Anyone else having a problem with the Furniture Workshop making items from economic stone? I keep getting raw titanium doors and cobalite cabinets. :/
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 749