Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836319 times)

Castamere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3255 on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:46 am »

Well I used my old save from 1.6 version in the 1.7 :-\
And I had such a fun fort running :'(
Playing DF is like getting into an elevator where you know it will freefall forty stories after it climbs about two.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 04, 2012, 10:28:33 am »

Enjoy the trip, Meph. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 04, 2012, 10:37:01 am »

Anyone having trouble with indestructible zombies? My entire militia has been pounding on one zombie for months, its head and brain are gone, but it keeps going.

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:08 am »

Enjoy your trip meph! And thanks for giving us a month without updates :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 04, 2012, 10:52:04 am »

I'm in favour of rocks generalised via type and colour. For example, no one is going to miss diorite and slate, because they're both the same colour and use. However, separating rocks just by type and not colour would suck; many people like to keep clustered workshops separated by colour to make it easier to tell between the two.

And if people care about having 'diorite' instead of just 'black stone' and marble instead of 'white flux stone', they can always just turn that option off.

Geology cares about diorite and slate. So does the world generator.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: April 04, 2012, 11:00:28 am »

meph - new update is awesome!! thank you very much - and also thank you for rejecting the pokemon stuff out of hand =D i have to say that i'm not in favor of generic stone - i don't think it makes much sense considering how stone-centric dwarves seem to be, and it would remove the element of reality-based geology that makes DF really cool and unique. very impressed with the rest of the changes, though! absolutely all the best on the next leg of your trip - cheers!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: April 04, 2012, 12:51:22 pm »

Just read this:

Added single reactions for armorplates

This was my personal most annoying thing. Thanks!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: April 04, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »

Anyone having trouble with indestructible zombies? My entire militia has been pounding on one zombie for months, its head and brain are gone, but it keeps going.

That's hardcore, man. Very dwarfy.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: April 04, 2012, 04:07:50 pm »

holy crap, between this mod and what Toady is adding in vanilla im never going to play any other games soon...

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: April 04, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

that's an insane trip to cycle Meph. have fun with that.

as for Generic Stone? - i don't use the stone anyway i burn them -all- into colored bricks regardless. please reduce my clutter!

there -is- a small discrepency with the brick oven and stone cutters workshop. i can burn 2 boulders of whatever to make 4 magma safe blocks. then use the stonecutters to make the new !blue! blocks into Blue Bricks and use them like boulders... and burn 2 blue bricks and make 4 blocks.......

^ in the end it reduces the ammount of stone i have to mine for whatever rediclious mega fort im building trains my entire populace in masonry. and is slighly cheaty for "dupeing" rocks.. but rocks are so common... if you do change it. leave the option to keep it this way so i don't have to kill my FPS just to get rocks to build another skyfort .(man i really like these... next one is gonna have magma channels - magma moat in the sky... enter carefully little gobbos!) - those orc seiges when they just mill about at the edge of the map... yeah.. magma moat above the map edge will probably get them moving...

and why -isn't- there a burn scrap wood for charcoal option...

dwarven concubines? yes, consider them sex slaves? no thats profiling and thats wrong! - personal herems are not unheard of in medieval times, considering all the men went to war and upset statistical population of men vs women - in various countries. if nothing else think of them as a way to get more immigrants with a world that doesnt have anymore dwarves.. you gotta repopulate the planet yaknow? ,

haven't tested in 1.7.1 but in my earlier forts i tried pritty hard to get the blueprints for the armorys and weaponrys musta went through 100s of flasks...

and for last bits of fun ness.. i gen'd a world yesterday with 120,000 tetrahydrite. and 118k adamantium 4 110 zlevel adamantium spires anyone?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:11:37 pm by Fairin »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: April 04, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »

4 110 zlevel adamantium spires anyone?

are they all hollow?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 04, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

Aww, Meph already left. I tested the mod too late. Anyway, don't dwarves use those sets and crates as soap? I haven't read it through, but it's soap, right?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: April 04, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

mm embarked with a concubine and it came as my expedition leader and i can assign it to do stuff such as woodcutting in therapist and butcher in game, in case of hard times of course
i can assign it to be a noble or part of my militia without therapist and they count as part of your population as well so i embarked with 8 dwarfs in stocks screen, guessing because of the innate legendary liar they have
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so i hope they can be buy-able from humans or someone so they don't come with friends, which this one has practically everyone as a long term acquaintance or friend

wanted a concubine to attempt dwarven daycare with fewer drawbacks but she has to many friends atm to be..expendable for now
now to see if they can be unhappy which by therapist they can, game doesn't show bad thoughts though by nekkedness+loss of children+hunger
~plans a trap using a concubine, the new potash maker
~starts making 100s of rock crafts for my new militia of potash makers concubines

btw if you get lucky you can embark with a <skill> savant and make em legendary at the start, seems a little cheap but luck is a factor
next up is an evil embark with 5-10 concubines (half the cost of a mastiff but 2/3 the size)

random fort stuff in spoiler
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: April 04, 2012, 09:04:04 pm »

mm embarked with a concubine and it came as my expedition leader and i can assign it to do stuff such as woodcutting in therapist and butcher in game, in case of hard times of course
i can assign it to be a noble or part of my militia without therapist and they count as part of your population as well so i embarked with 8 dwarfs in stocks screen, guessing because of the innate legendary liar they have

so i hope they can be buy-able from humans or someone so they don't come with friends, which this one has practically everyone as a long term acquaintance or friend

wanted a concubine to attempt dwarven daycare with fewer drawbacks but she has to many friends atm to be..expendable for now
now to see if they can be unhappy which by therapist they can, game doesn't show bad thoughts though by nekkedness+loss of children+hunger
~plans a trap using a concubine, the new potash maker
~starts making 100s of rock crafts for my new militia of potash makers concubines

btw if you get lucky you can embark with a <skill> savant and make em legendary at the start, seems a little cheap but luck is a factor
next up is an evil embark with 5-10 concubines (half the cost of a mastiff but 2/3 the size)

Actually, the concubines are listed in the creature raws under [CREATURE:DWARF], and since your civilization is entirely [CREATURE:DWARF], any "domestic pets" in that category, concubines included, are full members of your fort once you buy them.
And they start with an innate skill of 15 in Liar, which has led to the problem of Funfriends. You can edit out the natural skill in the creature raw, or change it to something a little more reasonable.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »

Can you use 1.6 saves in 1.7?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 749